• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon Were Real

Would you like it if Pokemon were real?

• Total voters

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    That would be a dream come true if pokemon were real. I would have a mudkip as my starter and we would be best friends for ever and go on adventures and be best of friends.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'd take Aura training and maybe run around the DFW area of Texas on occasion. Little more than that, unless I had the potential to be a psychic...

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I'd love it if they were real and the world we shared was more like the cartoon than our real world. I would love the adventure and excitement of it all. I would love the companionship and the sense of magic. I would love the connection. I just don't feel that sort of magic in real life. I appreciate my life and I enjoy my life I just feel like I would appreciate all of the things I mentioned.

Years
    Who on earth goes to this forum and doesn't want pokemon to be real? Apparently there are a couple people..

HECK YES I WANT POKEMON TO BE REAL. If WE can't have superpowers, let's make MONSTER SLAVES with superpowers. XDD

Years
    I'm the type of sick twisted person who would prefer to think all of the misfortunes that would occur with Pokemon in reality.

• Casualties of war would have a much larger count.
    • They would eventually kill off real animals because of their superior survival skills.
    • They would cause disaster to humans such as power outages, earthquakes, fires, and floods.
    • Criminals would would obtain immense power.
    • People would begin to crossbreed them.
    • "Madden Pokemon 09!"
    • A POed legendary would force everyone into bomb shelters.
    • Humans would find them too dangerous, and there wouldn't be any Pokemon before long.
    • To all of you who say you're going to be bigshot trainers and such, your fun would end when a stray Pokemon paralyzes you or something along those lines.
    • Zoo Keepers' jobs would be a lot more interesting.
    • We'd have to ship massive amounts of water out to space to ensure we don't drown.
    • Assuming in-game egg groups would be carried over, Wailord+Diglett=Giant whale moles digging around under cities, potentially sinking New York.
    • The amount of furries in the world would sky rocket.

Last edited:

KATFiSH

Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I've wanted pokémon to be real since I was a little kid... I'd wish for it on stars... never happened, though. I just think the world of pokémon is so much more fun and appealing than our own mundane lives.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I would love it if Pokemon were real. I would travel around the world, catching and training different varieties of Pokemon.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    That would be really cool. =] I'd definitely be a breeder when all was said and done.

But I'd have a Chikorita as my starter. =] and definitely an Aipom, Lapras, Vaporeon, and of course, a Pichu.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    I'm the type of sick twisted person eho would prefer to think all of the misfortunes that would occur with Pokemon in reality.

• Casualties of war would have a much larger count.
    • They would eventually kill off real animals because of their superior survival skills.
    • They would cause disaster to humans such as power outages, earthquakes, fires, and floods.
    • Criminals would would obtain immense power.
    • People would begin to crossbreed them.
    • "Madden Pokemon 09!"
    • A POed legendary would force everyone into bomb shelters.
    • Humans would find them too dangerous, and there wouldn't be any Pokemon before long.
    • To all of you who say you're going to be bigshot trainers and such, your fun would end when a stray Pokemon paralyzes you or something along those lines.
    • Zoo Keepers' jobs would be a lot more interesting.
    • We'd have to ship massive amounts of water out to space to ensure we don't drown.
    • Assuming in-game egg groups would be carried over, Wailord+Diglett=Giant whale moles digging around under cities, potentially sinking New York.
    • The amount of furries in the world would sky rocket.
    Whoa, someonewho thinks reasonobly. I mean come on people who would want pokemon yo be real. It would be nice but ultimalty everyone would die beacuse someone just had to piss off some legendary thus causing some world ending threat that only a group of 10 year olds can stop and some evil organization wants to harness it's power for evil...
    Life Would Suck. A lot

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Anyone who is a big Pokefan which is a majority of this community should say yes, I for one would love it. I daydream about what it would be like in a pokemon world, such a peaceful place and working together with your pokemon all to accomplish the same goal, to be the best. It would be an incredible experience to say the least. I'd love to travel all over and see new cities, mountains, beaches and places in general.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    I didn't say this world did I? I was referring if it was a "pokemon world"
    You still would have terroist.
    Maybe you've people been watching the anime to much but in any world,real or not, there will always be a Bin Laden
    and besides you don't want Arceus get mad and pwn mankind with Judgement now due you?

Years
    *sigh*

For many years I thought it would be cool if they were real, but I had never really given it too much thought. That is, until now. Just recently I've been reading fanfiction and it's gotten the gears in my head turning. Now I find myself daydreaming during the day about what it would be like. This daydreaming mostly consists of pretending that I have a ralts next to me or living with me. I'm not sure about all this though. I'm a high schooler and it just seems kinda weird that I'd be like this but I just can't seem to NOT think of it. But yea, if they were real, I'd like to have a ralts/kirlia/gardevoir and a treecko/grovyle/sceptile. Just as companions that would happily help if called upon and would give me someone to talk to when I'm bored. Plus....... They're just so cool.

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
    If the real world was pretty much the Pokemon world, I'd probably enjoy it. Once more though, as others suggested, I'd not think it too far-fetched for people to engage in biological warfare with Pokemon. Those things are too damn powerful, and their moves could kill a man easily.

....which makes me wonder how a Pokemon would stand up to bullets, since their lethal moves only seem to knock each other out. Anywho... all that aside though, personally, people can always find ways to cause harm to others, and Pokemon would just be yet another weapon in the closet of humanity. At the least there's no such move that is used by non-legendary Pokemon with the power of an atom bomb (Explosion is probably the force of a good amount of C4 though).

As for what I'd do, I'd probably be just your average trainer, having a few Pokemon as pets. I'd probably just hang around locally, maybe even start my own unofficial mini-league around town complete with 'gyms' and badges.

Last edited:

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
    When I was little I was determined to make robot pokemon. It sounded simple enough when I was 5, but honestly it would be a crazy world if they were real

Back