• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen If you could remove one Unovian Pokemon from the games!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Imagine you were given the power to remove just one Black and White Pokemon from the games, but it can't be one you just want to remove because you hate its design or something - it'd have to be one you don't think is necessary to the games. It still exists as apart of the generation 5 Pokemon, but you will no longer be able to obtain it in the games. You would then have to pretty much replace where that Pokemon would be found with another Unova Pokemon.

So, for example if you were to remove Patrat from the games, you could then mention you would replace it with Purrloin on Route 1, then maybe replace it with Minccino in the dreamyard. One thing, though, whichever you choose to remove would still have its evolution, which would then become a Pokemon without an evolution in the games only, if that makes sense. So in other words, Watchog would then have nothing else in its evolution line within the games. In the PokeDex however, it would just be a blank space where Patrat would've been.

Now! Which would you remove and why? Also what would you replace it with on the routes it's found in?

Remember, it has to be more than just "because it's ugly", otherwise those posts will be moved to likes/dislikes. :)

Be creative!!!

Last edited:

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
    I would remove Buffalon, it's a really weak Pokémon overall.
    I don't like that it has no evolution, and that it's another hooved pokémon.
    Everytime I run into it, my heart fills with dread, not because it'll beat me, but because i will beat it.
    I also don't like the way it looks.

I'd like the Heatmor to be more prevelant, and to replace Buffalon.

Last edited:

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    Vanillite, because it would also get rid of its evolutions by default too.

I hate the way it looks, and I hate how this boring, lazy design is the strongest pure Ice type introduced in Gen V.

I'd probably replace it with a Snorunt.

Years
    The ice cream cone Pokémon. I just don't think that's the direction Pokémon should be headed. It's in competition with a trash bag Pokémon. I like Pokémon to be based off of cute animals, legendary dragons, bugs, birds... but, you know, we even have a snowflake-like Pokémon (Cryogonal) and an electrical appliance Pokémon (Rotom).

My reasoning is any one of these can go just because their ideas seem very uncreative, sloppy, and uninspiring.

And that, is my best at trying to not say, "Eugh! It's stupid looking!"

I'd rather pay a really creative artist that's made excellent Fakemon designs than James Turner, whose name has become a bad word in my book, hehe.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    One Pokémon I never actually found like useful for B/W at all ever was Maractus. I mean, yeah, you could find them in the desert but honestly I don't think it's got anything at all that makes it memorable, let alone useful. The only thing that makes it stand out from Cacturne iirc is Water Absorb, which is kinda useless since it resists water anyway. :c

I don't even remember any other trainers using it! Come to think of it, how did it get into my Pokédex, anyway? ;-; Beyond Maractus, though, I felt like most B/W Pokémon deserved whatever niche they had. They were all pretty unique which is wonderful (yes, even you Stunfisk, though I think your brand of "unique" is a bit uhh different). What should they replace Maractus with...? Wellll nothing in Gen V would really fill the role it has because it doesn't really have any kind of role at all but I guess you could just copy and paste Cacturne in and have a better Maractus. :(

(also anyone who says afrobull should be removed needs to get head charge'd to the face imo... he's too awesomeee)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would remove Heatmor. With all the amazing fire types that were introduced this gen (Litwick line, Larvesta line, Darumaka line), it's really outshined by so many that I've never seen a single person use one. The only problem with this is...what would be Durant's rival in this case?

I guess it wouldn't have to have a rival, but I would replace it with Cryogonal. That Pokemon is way too rare as it is.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Basculin, i hate weird-looking fish pokemon, besides isn't a evo or something to make it worthwhile. I'll replace it with horsea.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kay reminder;

Remember, it has to be more than just "because it's ugly", otherwise those posts will be moved to likes/dislikes. :)

Just incase everyone from now on misses the big size 7 font. :D

Anyway! My thoughts are Leavanny. Why? It's easily forgettable. It's Swadloon's evolution, yes, but, due to the evolution by happiness and not pure level up, by the time you get it to a certain level you don't really want to bother levelling up Swadloon to get Leavanny. Plus! I also forgot its English name when it was announced, so I was like uhhh that evolution of that bug Pokemon, lol. :( And what's even worse is that up until a moment ago I just realised it could be obtained in the wild. I swear I've never ever ever ever seen it. So yeah, it's the most forgettable. XD

As for replacing, I'd probably replace it with probably Escavalier and Karrablast, in lostlorn and route 6 respectively. :) Cause honestly it wouldn't really be a big loss tbh.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    If I could remove on Pokemon from the games Pokemon Black and White it would have to be Stunfisk. In my opinion it is an awful looking Pokemon that tried to be an awesome Dunsparce but failed in the middle. Also when I used it in my Hall of Fame Challenge it was the most useless Pokemon I have used yet in that challenge. It had inconvenient typing meaning that it was weak to Water Types, it has weak stats and even Watchog did better then it. Also the name Stunfisk is well eww. I get the Stunfis part but I would have preferred Stunfish better. It would also be a forgettable Pokemon if it weren't so useless and as such made fun off. I'd just replace it with finding the other Pokemon in the areas more common.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If I could remove one Pokémon from the game, it would probably be Garbodor. It's pre-evolution was simple enough to represent the trash around New York, and an over exploding garbage bag is just overdone. Aside from that, there's really no good point for this Pokémon. Sure, the Pokédex entry states how it absorbs garbage and makes it a part of their body; shooting out poisonous liquid from their fingertips, and with that it's picking up the garbage around the cities and towns. However if you think about it, it can also be polluting the region with its poisonous garbage and junk. >: Eh, it's not too strong either and it's just a Pokémon added that I think could have stayed its pre-evolution. Sure Trubbish is even weaker, but there wouldn't be an entire difference. They're both weak anyway, so why not? Though this is just my two cents on Garbodor and it not being needed.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
    I'd remove Liepard from the wild. It's just too common and annoying, plus you could easily evolve one from Purrloin. Of course, I'd replace it with a less common pokemon like Ferroseed, Ducklett, or Elgyem. The trick here would be to avoid making the replacement just as annoying, so I'd spread things out a little.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    There are actually a couple I would get rid of. First would be Stunfisk. It's just a real oddball Pokemon that doesn't really make any sense, especially its type combination Ground/Electric. If anything, it should be Ground/Water. The Electric part doesn't make sense. Then I would get rid of the Trubbish/Garbodor line. The below image pretty much says it all.
    Spoiler:

I did not make this image, just found it.

Years
    Some might hate me for this, but I think Chandelure should be a ledgondary Pokemon for these reasons.

1. it keeps them from breeding. less breeding = less litwicks/lampets

2. it keeps them from being shoved in people's faces.

3. it's a one time only deal. So it gives other underrated ghost types a chance.

I know this is a remove Pokemon from the games... and I could say Chandelure but everyone would make fun of me for liking Gothitelle. So I will say this; I wanted it to be ledgondary... that's it. Keep it away from the main game and give other a chance (like Misdreavious or Gritina)

NatureKeeper

Basculin. I find it rather pointless and annoying. Heck, I miss Magikarp. And Shellos is much better.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I won't get rid of anything. The more, the better. Every Gen. V Pokemon has some use.

Cid

Years
    I'd say Yamask. Mainly because of its Pokedex entry.

From Pokemon Black:
    "Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."

I mean, they should leave these souls alone! I can't believe young trainers are using these ghosts to fight random Pokemon and whatnot, while the Yamask sit there and cry about how they once led their own lives. Cofagrigus doesn't need a pre-evolution to be usable anyway.

In fact, with Yamask out, they could put Golett in the Relic Castle in his place, so that you get those Pokemon much earlier. Nothing is lost, really, and the Yamask can finally rest in peace.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Cryogonal.
    I mean...what is it? It doesn't make any sense I mean...I know it's a giant snowflake shaped block of ice but apart from that I have no idea...Where's its face? Pokemon usually have cute, memorable faces...this doesn't have a face at all. It's the only Pokemon this gen I really dislike, and the only Pokemon I've ever looked at and said (thought) "What the hell is that?".
    Where Game Freak designing the alleyway in Castelia City when they thought of this? Or where they actually there?

Back