• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could start all over again, what would you do differently?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I don't wish to live my life a second time O.o

But if I did, I wish for one thing, that I'd work my premonition much harder.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    I would love to be born as a magicarp.

its love! <3
    but I don't really think I would do anything differently. We are given the time we need to do/be whatever we want.

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
    Years
    I would go back to where i was younger and changed to where i didnt kick that window and broke it...im STILL paying for it XD

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Very little. There are a friends I wouldn't have alienated, but for the most part, I'm happy with my decisions.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
    Years
    I'd try and actually tell my teachers that I was being bullied in grade school. I've turned into such a shy and quiet person, I hardly have any friends in real life... I guess... Just change the fact that I'm so shy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    It's a tricky question to pose; because we've all got our regrets and those moments in the past where we might not be so proud of. But speaking strictly for me? I think I'd be afraid to change any part of my past because it's these experiences - the good and the bad - that have molded me and shaped me into the young lady I am today. Sure; I can think of plenty of individual instances in my life that I'd love to just scrub out (my suicide attempt; waiting so long to come out; the heart-wrenching end to my relationship most recent) but then..who would I be? I wouldn't be me. If I came out earlier in life; would I have been convinced I was "too young to know what I wanted" and talked out of being myself; causing me to come out even *later*? If I hadn't attempted suicide would I have had the courage to step above and beyond my depression and forge ahead to find myself? If I hadn't had the relationship with Abby; if it hadn't ended in a way that all-but-destroyed me; would I have sought help for my mental illnesses? I can't just pose the question of "what would I change" without being first able to accept that I'd be changing the very core of who I am.

And what are we without ourselves? Don't take this as me saying I'm absolutely happy with every choice I've made ~ I'm not. I've made so many bad decisions and choices and taken the wrong side and been in the wrong, but regardless of all this I believe that we form character through hardship and trial. How do we appreciate the highs when we have them; without lows to contrast to?

So I suppose if there's a short answer to be had? Mine is "I would change nothing".

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    i would stop being such an anti-social **** and wouldn't have noticed the karate club in my local leisure centre. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. However, it has led to one of my biggest joys, Horse Riding, but even thats been pretty bad recently. I'd say 7+ years of misery outweighs 3+ years of slighly more happiness. Not to mention it shattering my confidence, self-esteem and carefree attitude.

I probably wouldn't have befriended a certain person in high school. I'd rather not go into that.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I think I would have prevented myself from ever asking my mum for a PS2 that'[s where my life started going wrong, I should have a gotten a GameCube.

Napalm

Careful! That Stuff Burns!
    Years
    Social life I would try to change completely. It's awful, it's hard for me to socialize in the school yard. I wish I could of changed that long ago :(

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I don't know. That's such a big question. I really feel like I would love to go back in time and do things so differently but at the same time...the decisions I made have gotten me to the point I am at today and I wouldn't trade that point for anything.

So that's real hard to answer. On one hand I wish I did plenty of things differently...but I'd still want the same out come...if that makes sense?

I don't think I would/could do anything different.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Well, I think I would have retaken that stupid rhythm section of the band test back in 6th grade that determined if you could play percussion (which is what I really wanted to do). Some jerk distracted me and I got one question wrong on the entire test (and in the only section that mattered, that one), and thus couldn't play percussion. Ended up staying in the Orchestra and becoming a good violinist (though I stopped playing after high school), but I always wondered how things would have worked out had I become a percussionist.

Bah, I don't like talking about the past. You can't really change what's already transpired, can you? Another reason I'm afraid of growing old; I'm not sure I want to lounge around all day, thinking back on my life. I'd rather be pressing forward. And honestly, I don't have all that many regrets, anyway. Maybe that just means I haven't taken enough risks to begin with, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Emosh

..iReign 24/7..
    Years
    I wouldnt change a damn thing.. I mean sure I've messed up pretty bad here and there but hey all the mistakes I've made taught me alot.. I've even done things that other people feel I should regret but I dont simply cuz I've learned more doing what I did my way instead of doing things the way people felt I should have done them..

So with that being said, I'm happy being the person giving the advice instead of being the person asking for it 24/7..

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Nothing, if I didn't go through all the pain, misery, joy & blissful moments, I wouldn't be myself, and boy do I like being myself.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Procrastinate less? ...nah, would never happen. :(

I'm gonna toss another "I wouldn't change anything". Though I'm sure I would accidentally which would suck. I'd rather not have to relive anything. I must admit it'd be kinda cool to be a genius kid for years until I hit where I am in education now and suddenly became stupid. XD; But... yeah, I may not be fine with everything in my life right now but if it weren't for all the ups and downs over the last 20 years, I wouldn't be who I am today and I love who I am today so there's nothing to go change. ♥

Besides, this was so already done in Being Erica. I'd just be copying.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I would've never dissed all my friends when I was in school because I thought I could be popular. i really hurt them, and did some horrible things, and everything I thought would happen didn't.

Back