• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you was a game creator, what game will you make?

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I am a Game Developer, but I make Simple games. Whatever I think would be fun, I dont try to reach too far with an RPG but i do plan to make an adventure.. But i'm curious Why does everyone wish to create the next great RPG its not as easy as you'd think and it takes years of programming/modeling/Bug Fixing etc.... Why doesn't anyone wanna create a game that is more realistic
    You don't think other games take just as long to make?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Japanese-style RPG with an all female cast of protagonists set in a modern world with motorized transportation. No monsters, you battle various crime organizations operating in the area. Driving/rancing style minigames, and the girls have cute frilly dresses but can deliver a mean roundhouse kick a la Chuck Norris.

The leader of the team will be my original character Lisa, originally created as a trainer. She's a special agent now.

Haven't decided if it'll be turn based or real-time battles.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I kind of want to reimagine/reboot my favourite franchises. I still like them, but I'd like to advance them and breath some new life into them and borrow aspects from rival franchises that actually worked (even if the games, overall, did not)

TamerKoh

World of Chaos Super Deluxe...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    I am a game developer, however my goal is to enter into the professional field to do it on the professional level. However, I have two main games of mine I'm working to finish, both within that Platform-Roleplaying Game Category. One is a remake of my first ever completed game, and the other is an idea I've obtained recently, and have been building on top of.

Years

• Because these people aren't game developers, so since they're not making the game anyway, why confine yourself to realism?

If I could make any game I want it would probably be something Skyrim-esque, as in open world kind of thing, but obviously not set in the same world. I think I'd like a more sci-fi world, maybe start as an alien on a certain planet and then later have the ability to travel to other planets, with the main quest a search for your home planet (and then later after the plot twist where you discover it's destroyed, the person who destroyed it). The most fun part would probably be making a charred Earth from nuclear wars.
    Toujours, have you tried Fallout yet? Cause if you haven't it's worth a try. It's sort of like what you're describing.

Anyways, they need to make like a Harry Potter/Skyrim/Sims thingamabob.

I would totally pay big bucks (Not really. 60 tops. I'm poor.) for them to make something like a create your own Harry Potter character, non-canon of course, and then make it into like an open ended rpg. First person & Third person view. You could get sorted into your house. Get you own kind of wand. Learn skills. Go to class. Explore the freaking castle/everywhere. Play quiddich.

It would be so fun. :knockedou

Bethesda, you need to get on this like now. Seriously. I would totally do something about it, but I ain't got no programming skills. But if I did, this would be the first thing to hit the shelves.

I'm sorry. I just have so many feelings about this. D:

Last edited:

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
    Years
  • Right now I'm looking for help to create a Pokémon Dating Sim (see sig, your help will be welcome). Another idea of me (of mine?) is to create a free-choice Pokémon Game. Like the "be a Rocket"-idea, just more free. You could mess up with everybody, but then you're messed up too. I rebuilt some maps from FR with the RPGXP, but it really takes time, especially the little different grass tiles. Got to Mt. Moon before I frozed the project, because alone it's no fun. Maybe I will have a look into the hacks later and just modify this to a ridiculous extend.

My actual wish would be to create a Beat 'em Up between the characters of mine (now I'm sure) and of a befriended author. Awesomeness granted. Got some things done in Java, but we have no images, so it's frozen for the moment.
    Oh, speaking of BeU's:
    To answer my own question... If I was a game creator, I would like to make a Pokemon Beat 'em up (Side scrolling fighting game) because there Pokemon franchise have villains that were evil, such as Team Rocket. and there are Pokemon who are capable of using Fighting type moves, being a Fighting type themselves, or just have melee combat skills. If I was to do that, I would make that game based on Final Fight... I would like to know about what games would you come up with
    In fact that sounds quite good. Give me a character designer and we will get this one done :D

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
    Years
  • I've been thinking of becoming a game maker, so this thread is perfect for me!

I REALLY want to make an Okami RPG. You are a normal person in Nippon, when you discover that you are a decendent of one of the fourteen Celestial Brush gods. You must defeat Akuro, an evil spirit, to save the world from his evil plans. It'll have areas like Kamiki Village, Shinshu Field, Hana Valley, Taka Pass, Yakushi Village, and all the areas from both Okami and Okamiden. You can also design your own clothing in the outfit shop in Sei-an City.

I'm actually going to make this if I am able to go to a summer camp for RPG making next year. Any feedback or other ideas, guys?

Back