• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: illumise egg giving a volbeat?!

Years
    do i have to do anything to get the 'volbeat egg' to be a illumise egg?

i didn't expect that...

cause i really want a baby illumise.... so i taught my male beautifly silver wind for baby illumise to have it....

i also heard somewhere that you have to beat the e4 to get a ditto... i can't wait that long! <.>

edit at 9:09 pm: i got my baby silver wind illumise on the 3rd egg!! ^^ but it's rash, not mild nature... the first 2 volbeat are mild like i wanted my illumise to be.... i don't know what happened... i put the everstone on the parent illumise like i was meant to...

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Which game were you breeding on? Breeding mechanics have changed over time, so would need to at least know that.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Think of Volbeat and Illumise like Nidoran. Counts as different Pokedex entries. Obtains both genders from breeding. (Cannot get Illumise eggs from Volbeat + Ditto prior to Generation 5, however.)

Passes on the nature with a 50% chance while holding an Everstone prior to Black 2/White 2.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    i'm playing emerald :>
    In that case, the Everstone didn't start guaranteeing a nature until B2W2 (was a 50% chance before then), and as for why you were also getting Volbeats, it's basically what Deva said.

Years
    Think of Volbeat and Illumise like Nidoran. Counts as different Pokedex entries. Obtains both genders from breeding. (Cannot get Illumise eggs from Volbeat + Ditto prior to Generation 5, however.)

Passes on the nature with a 50% chance prior to Black 2/White 2 while holding an Everstone.

yeah, i realized that when i got both counterparts, from her

thankyou ^.^

i'll do my best & see if i can recieve a mild nature baby illumise for everstone mommy illumise & daddy silver wind beautifly... :>
    cause so far, it's all been mild volbeats & one rash illumise

Years
    and as for why you were also getting Volbeats, it's basically what Deva said.

yeah, i realized that when i got both counterparts, from her... thankyou ^.^

i'll do my best & see if i can recieve a mild nature baby illumise for everstone mommy illumise & daddy silver wind beautifly... :>
    cause so far, it's all been mild volbeats & one rash illumise

In that case, the Everstone didn't start guaranteeing a nature until B2W2 (was a 50% chance before then),
    now i'm getting sassy nature & docile nature volbeat & rash, a impish, bashful nature illumise... so i'm understanding what you mean with that...

i'd rather have a mind natured illumise :> or a docile nature one :> that'd be nice :> i'm looking for the tinted lens ability too...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    Sounds as though you just need to keep trying. Keep those bugs banging until you get the one you want!

Just be glad you're breading Pokemon and not Chocobos.

Years
    Sounds as though you just need to keep trying. Keep those bugs banging until you get the one you want!

Just be glad you're breading Pokemon and not Chocobos.

i'm at the 50 egg mark... & still no tinted lens illumise... is that ability on illumise rare or something?! :0 i'm sick of seeing the oblivious ablity <.>

with all this hatching i'm doing, i could be doing something else... like continuing the plot-line...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Lists only Oblivious in Serebii for Emerald. Checked Pokemondb. Confirms no Tinted Lens for Illumise in Generation 3. (Added it for Illumise in Generation 4.)

Years
    Lists only Oblivious in Serebii for Emerald. Checked Pokemondb. Confirms no Tinted Lens for Illumise in Generation 3. (Added it for Illumise in Generation 4.)

oooohhhh!! you're right!! <.> *i checked serebii just now too*

that's why i'm not getting any! <.> well, that stinks!

i guess i'll have to choose one of the illumise's i got, then.... not that that's a bad thing....
    i guess i wasn't thinking of it as gen 3 somehow :<

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    I wish that Bulbapedia would list in what generation Pokemon got their abilities. It notes on Torkoal's profile that it didn't get Drought until Gen 7, but I think that whenever a Pokemon has an ability that didn't exist in that Pokemon's original generation - like Tinted Lens being a Gen 4 ability so it can't possibly be on a Gen 3 Illumise - it doesn't tell you. Seemingly, Bulbapedia expects you to remember what generation each ability was introduced in in this context (or else expects you to click on both abilities to check), which is really dumb. 😠

Years
    I wish that Bulbapedia would list in what generation Pokemon got their abilities. It notes on Torkoal's profile that it didn't get Drought until Gen 7, but I think that whenever a Pokemon has an ability that didn't exist in that Pokemon's original generation - like Tinted Lens being a Gen 4 ability so it can't possibly be on a Gen 3 Illumise - it doesn't tell you. Seemingly, Bulbapedia expects you to remember what generation each ability was introduced in in this context (or else expects you to click on both abilities to check), which is really dumb. 😠

yeah, that's true 🙄

Back