• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I'm about to celebrate becoming an only child!"

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I'm content with my sister and step brother. lol Although, I do refer to the times before my sister was born as "the golden age" because as a child, she was a royal pain in the butt. I'm 8 years older than my brother and he was always like my little shadow so we've always gotten along good and like to play video games and such. Sister isn't AS annoying now, but I live with her again and that sucks. lol

edit: Oh, forgot to mention. When I was 3, I had an invisible older brother. He was 18 and was arrested for throwing tomatoes from under the table. I used to like to go under the table to reminisce our days together. ...I guess he's still in invisible jail. I had an older invisible sister named Courtney too.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have one brother who is currently 6 years old. So yeah, that means there's a 14-15 year difference between us and it can honestly be really odd, but I'm fine with him for the most part. Back when he was just going to be born, I was petrified of the idea since I'd been used to being an only child for so long, haha. ]:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I have an older sister. We get along sometimes and sometimes not so much. It depends on what day you ask me. I think as kids everybody once wished that their sibling(s) had never been born, but outside of that despite our fighting and whatnot I've never seriously wished I was an only child.

I did always want a little brother, though. Mostly because I think I'd make an awesome big brother and I have this weird little fantasy of driving him to school and telling him to have a good day. And sometimes I wished I had an older brother instead of an older sister because I think that would have been a lot more fun lol.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I wish my brother didn't exist.

HE is an egotistical, controlling, whining, immature, pretentious, obnoxious, self centred, STUPID, PRICK. He also pulls my hair when he doesn't get what he wants. He cries when he doesn't get what he wants like a 5 year old. He is 14.

ass

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I definitely wish I didn't have one of my brothers. Since I can't get rid of him or do anything about him, unless he fixes his ways, he's not going to be in my life after I move out on my own. I don't think I want anything to do with him. I dislike him more than I dislike anybody else in the world, which says a lot. My other brother and my sister are great, even though my brother can really be someone who annoys me and gets under my skin because he can be really stupid sometimes and spends a lot of time in a bad mood.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • There were certainly times when I was younger when I wished that my brother had never been born. Usually these times occurred after we'd just fought over something petty, like who got to turn the TV off or something similar. But nowadays we get along great; mainly it's because we don't have to live together all of the time - he's at uni and I have a job - but the separation has done wonders for our relationship. Now we can have entire conversations in Simpsons quotes without one of us trying to beat the other one up... it's great! :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • When I was a kid, I would have said I wanted to be an only child. Now, though, it's different. I get along pretty well with my brother, especially when it comes to video games (I even plan on using him as my Pokemon B2/W2 "guinea pig" to see if I want to get them). I talk to him on matters that I could never discuss with my parents, including video games, Pokemon, anime, and general frustrations I have with my parents. And I've found out over the years that I don't want the undivided attention from my parents that I would have as an only child. And it works well. He's closer to them (and more tolerant of them), so he gets their attention, which means they leave me to my own devices more often than not.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'm an only child. My life would be radically different if I had a sibling. The curious in me wants to know what it'd be like, but I can't complain about how I have life today. So I don't think I'd take it if I got the opportunity.

Years
  • I have one sibling, a sister who is actually very different than me. She's really more of the girly type, and I often find myself asking her for advice on matters (she's younger). We get along well though and I can't really imagine life without her. So no, I've never wished to be an only child, I mean I was one for a couple years, but that doesn't count haha.

I suppose it'd be cool to have another sibling, a brother, idk someone for my dad to actually do things with. My sister and I spend time with him, but I feel like he just wants to get out there and like throw the football with somebody.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    I'm an only child and I wish I had a sister.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I have a brother and a sister and I wouldn't dare try to imagine my life without them. Especially without my sister who I hang out with a ton and we're really close despite the age difference. Often enough you'll hear me saying that I'm hanging out with her or something aha.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • I'm the oldest in a family with four kids. I have a brother who's two years younger then me and we get along really well. We are actually really different (I'm more nerdy and he does a lot more sports) but we love each other a lot.
    I also have two sisters. One of them is five, the other is eight. They pretty much are the loudest things on the planet. I don't think they can go a second without yelling or screaming or doing something like that. Aside from that, they watch Disney 24/7 and the computer is right next to where they watch TV, so that's why I know every word to every episode of every show on that channel. They love it though, and actually laugh at the jokes, so whatever I guess. Both of them are super girly, but they are both different and I still love them. So yeah, no sibling trading for me. :P

Back