• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Im back and so is C.O.L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Why didn't I see this? I'm getting dull. Booda, this game isn't dying. Loads of people still have interest in it!!! Including me. The new feature sounds great... Keep up the good work!

* Jade *

Banned
    Years
    • Age 49
    • Seen Dec 9, 2005
    Matiz master, i was really sleepy while writing that post so i do meant game..lol

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • Thanks for all the encouragement guys.
    Don't worry I won't give up on this weather there are 2 or 200 people waiting for this game.

Booda Sack, you are my hero, this game is so so good. THat Bulbasaur's HP seems high for level 14...

Oh yeah,I have the base stats of all 386 pokemon all ready to go but I just chucked in a couple of test values in that screen.

This sounds like a super sweet feature but I can see a lot of these files being copied and sent all over the place.. "99 Master balls are now available in your pc"
    I thought about this and,it will work from Trainer ID's and/or your IP adress so you can't trade stuff to yourself and also once you open a pod after you have recieved the stuff all the data in the file will be overwritten with blank info so you can't use it twice.
    As another method to stop people doing this is it will ask you for the person who you want to trade with's trainer ID so that if a person tries to open a pod that wasn't intended for them it wont let them and if you try too many times it WILL delete your save game :)
    To aide you in this there will be a built in contact book which you can put in a trainers ID along with their name so if you regularly trade with this person you just click on their name in your contact book.
    But of course there will always be be people who cheat just like there is with the official games but like I say this is for those of us who want to complete the game without cheating.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • Update:I've just been doing even more battle coding. :D
    I've exceeded 13,00 lines of code for just the battle system. :rambo:
    And growing because that doesn't include the data for attacks learnt on level up as that is in a different script. Also add another 386 lines for base stats because I have all the base stats typed up but I haven't inserted yet as I wan't to finish the attacks before I do.
    But if anything that will be reduced as I optimise the various bits of the code.
    But thats just a number to show on how large a scale this battle system is,I'm getting it as close to the original as possible.

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • I expect nothing less, booda ;). jk, but seriously, that sounds like a lot of work. I'll give the obligatory canned response: good luck! I can't think of anything more original to say. So yeah, Good Luck!

Can't wait to get my hands on something playable.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Man I gotta start watching the forums...dude COL is looking really good(just like DM31: I dont know any other original things to say)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    That must be a lot of work... Hope you have enough rest, Booda.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • *edit* that was a typo it's 1300 lines of code not 13,000.Lol
    I would be worried if I had 13,000 lines of code just for a battle system.
    But anyways,i'm nearly finnished the stat altering code. :D

Years
  • The pod feature is really cool. Hope to see some new features! Also, I am not losing interest in the game. It is one of the things an my priority list.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hope that you don't get too tired... Well we're expecting great things, Booda!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Keep it up booda you know I love how the game is turning out. 1,300 sounds like alot but I wouldn't know as i don't know java.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • I won't get tired.
    The stat altering code is complete as far as I can see but I still need to test it out.
    Thanks Sceptile Master.

? Bleep ?

Drunken Latios
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    lol booda i thought we worshipped you on your forums... look at every one here :)

the game is lookin nice as normal

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I thought he said there wouldn't be a beta for the game. Something about not going down the same path like another game.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    So you don't think it would be good if he remembered not to go down a bad path that he went with another game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back