• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I'm Having A Dilemma... >:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    I usually try to encounter a male of the same species Pokemon first so it registers it into my PokeDex first like that but... Should I encounter a male Kirlia first or a female Kirlia? O:

For those who think things like "Does it really matter?", yes, it DOES matter to me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2012
    When you view a Pokemon's entry in the Pokedex, the sprite that is displayed is that of the first form of the Pokemon that you saw. (e.g. if the first Unown you saw was a B Unown, when you view Unown's entry on the Pokedex you'll see a B Unown.) Likewise for male/female, or North/South sea Shellos, etc.
    It's a purely aesthetic difference.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    When you view a Pokemon's entry in the Pokedex, the sprite that is displayed is that of the first form of the Pokemon that you saw. (e.g. if the first Unown you saw was a B Unown, when you view Unown's entry on the Pokedex you'll see a B Unown.) Likewise for male/female, or North/South sea Shellos, etc.
    It's a purely aesthetic difference.
    That's pretty much it, exactly. But no one else seems to understand. >:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I don't even think there is a huge difference in their sprites. Just go with one or the other.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Well this is only a dilemma you yourself can handle; To us, it doesn't matter which one you aquire first. To you; it's a huge deal :x But just for the hell; encounter the Female one first c: Kirlia's are lady Pogeymanz.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
  • wow! thanks for telling us! Now I know I need a male wobbuffet before I get a female one... I hate female wobbuffets. Why painted lips??? That looks horrible!

Years
  • wow! thanks for telling us! Now I know I need a male wobbuffet before I get a female one... I hate female wobbuffets. Why painted lips??? That looks horrible!

yeah, tell me about it. i can't stand that sprite. the female pikachu sprite is also much cuter than the male one!

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • I look at pokemon and put a gender to them, really hate using them with the 'wrong' gender. I would grab a female Kirlia but at the end of the day it can depend on what you want to evolve it into

Years
  • thats weird...whats different if u catch male or femalee to regis into pokedex..? O.o

The 'regi' Pokemon have no set gender, so there's no alternate sprite that could appear for them.
    -------
    To the OP, I have no intention of sounding blunt with this, but if this is something that only you and a few others find to be important, then it wouldn't help to be asking a forum filled almost entirely with people who could care less which sprite of a Pokemon appears in the pokedex. Not only that, they have the same exact sprite, while their evos may be quite different, the sprites for each gender of Kirlia are the same. I'd pick the male one, though, Gallade
    is a great Pokemon to have by your side.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2012
    The 'regi' Pokemon have no set gender, so there's no alternate sprite that could appear for them.

Uh I think "regis" meant "register", not "Regigigas".
    And I will say this one more time:
    MALE AND FEMALE KIRLIA HAVE THE SAME SPRITE.
    If you still can't decide then STICK TO THE STATUS QUO, go catch a male one.

Years
  • As has been said, there is no difference.

I'm Having A Dilemma... >:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back