• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm new and kind of old.. hello!

Years
    Howdy,

I just joined this forum, largely because I wanted to find people to trade with. As a 25 year old woman, most of my friends are not into pokemon (although some are, just not many).

I'm a singer/songwriter, and have a bluegrass band. We're not big yet, but will be someday. I like a variety of music, from punk to jazz. I love cooking, hate cleaning, and make a mean lemon square.

I was into pokemon when I was young, but never played past gold/silver. While in university my then boyfriend bought me a DS to help occupy my downtime during quiet hours, I bought soulsilver for the nostalgia factor, and eventually became hooked. I recently purchased black and diamond, and am slowly progressing through those stories.

I'd love to chat or trade with anyone here. Probably not battle though, as I assume I'll get owned.

Years
    Hi Sarah and welcome! I hope you're doing well today.

Nice to see more older members joining, since I mainly run into teens here or even early 20's, so nice to see a bit more diversity creeping in there. And wow that's one awesome gig you got there as a bluegrass band, and I bet you'd like this thread if you want to showcase your work, but given you like music you might want to check out the rest of the General Entertainment section in general.

Also, given the games you have I'd also recommend both the Fourth and Fifth Generation sections, both generations had loads of my fave Pokemon games in them, but I'm hoping X & Y become my new faves given all the new revolutionary changes we've seen so far. And we also have the Trade Corner section if you're interested in trades, so yeah loads of possibilities for you.

I'm Hikari btw, not my real name though and if you ever need a new friend just leave me a visitor message and hopefully you'll fit in with the rest of the forum. Don't hesitate to contact staff members like Cirno if you need help. See ya around!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Yeah, I know how that feels tbh! Usually when you're in your 20's it's really hard to find Pokefriends who want to trade you and your only resource of finding some is online. I'm really glad you found us though, and decided to join our lovely community! Welcome to the forums, Sarah!

We have an amazing Trade Corner there, where many traders gather around to trade each other's Pokemon just to record them on their PokeDex, or to collect them. We have resources for breeding, RNGing, and many many more. All trading done here is legal and the mods crack down on hacked Pokemon.

Hah, that's what I thought also when I got into battle. I'm a regular user of PC's battle server and at the moment I'm learning how to battle right now. You don't have to be a competitive battler to join the server, as we have random battles from time to time. It's a pretty friendly environment there, and you'll really like it. It's also a great way to meet friends too. :D

Anyways, you'll love it here! Don't be shy to contact any staff member in bold blue/orange/red, and I hope to see you around! :) Have fuuuuuuun <3

I'm 22 but luckily still find people here who are into Pokemon here where I live.. but either way, the series is amazing so I'm not ashamed to love it even at my age. Welcome to PC!

Aww, it's great that you're getting back into the series again. There actually are a lot of others like yourself here that haven't played for many years and have only recently started getting involved in the series again so you'll settle in quite well, I'd imagine. n~n SoulSilver is a great game to pick up after a long break and it really does remind me of the good 'ol days of G/S/C, though personally Crystal will always be a part of my heart more so than the remakes (nostalgia wavee). You have a lot to catch up on before the release of X and Y so be sure to keep playing and have a blast! You'll definitely enjoy everything you've missed. I do recommend to get B/W2 once you finish up with with the prequels.. those were a huge step up and the difficulty was upped a notch.

But haha, trading is so very fun! As the others have said we do have a lovely little Trade Corner to stop by and you'll get whatever you're looking for there. I'm not sure if I really have anything to trade in my games right now but I do plan on doing some breeding to finally be able to open a shop in the future. It'll be very fun! Maybe we'll run into each other there. :D

Have an amazing stay on PC, Sarah! Thank you for joining this wonderful community and do let a moderator know if you need any help.

Back