• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm surrounded by idiots...

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Do you ever think that you are surrounded by idiots, and that if you say something you really think, everyone will jump down your throat because they don't understand you? When? How realistic is this perception?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think most people in the world are dumb as **** because they do stupid things and look dumb. It's kind of complicated for me, because I only dislike about four people in the world on a personal level, and yet I'm someone who doesn't think highly of the human race as a whole. I don't think people will jump down my throats if I say something because they don't understand me, though. I just think most people are dumb.

Years
  • No. I'm the opposite. I think I'm kind of dumb and people will get mad at me because I'd say something stupid. :s idk if that's realistic of me to think or not.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Not particularly. While I don't think I'm dumb by any means, most of the people in my social circle are very intelligent. So if people were to be jumping down my throat for any reason, it'll probably be because of something I've legitimately done to deserve it, as opposed to my venting at their idiocy.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Of course I'm surrounded by idiots! But at least some people are intelligent but the majority are just complete idiots... it's the most frustrating thing but oh so true. Call me elitist, but I just don't care ;;

Years
  • When you work in retail, you feel this every single day. I think I am surrounded by morons more than idiots. Some people could argue it basically means the same thing, which it pretty much is, but it carries more weight behind it! XD

There are times when I have said something that is a joke, but people take some stupid offensive to it when it wasn't offensive on any level. Or when you don't agree with someone's opinion and they think you have just killed their best friend with their reaction.​

Years
  • I feel like this all the time, though it's mostly due to the fact that the greater majority of my friends have moved...leaving me in close proximity to one particular idiot. Though, I wouldn't really say he ever instinctively jumps down my throat unless we're debating. Which is when he fails to touch upon points provided for him to cover and instead goes on a tangent completely unrelated to the point. He also doesn't understand that sarcasm and facetiousness are indeed things that exist.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Yes. Flipping idiots. The people here pee by the plants which I find gross and disgusting, most people here think they're so cool, rich, yadda yadda when they aren't. The people here overreact and when the kids outside play hide and seek, they hide under cars. I want to move.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Yes. God, all the time yes.

Tonight I feel especially that way. I got home and my stupid mother told me she quit her job, because she "didn't like the atmosphere" of the new management that took over the toy store where she works and she didn't like how "they don't care for her as a person".

These are not valid reasons to quit a paying job. My Dad and sister were yessing her and saying that it was good (even though I know for a fact they were as pissed off by this news as I was) and all I wanted to say was "how ****ing dumb are you". But I know if I opened that can of worms my mother would jump down my throat saying "HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT" and Dad and my sister would agree with her and shout me down simply because it's easier to agree with her than to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

Everybody in this house except for me is just dumb.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Yes, that pretty much describes every one in the area where I live. These people can't drive, hold conversations in store aisles when you're trying to get through, completely fail to keep their kids and dogs under control, and at the local and county government level, fail to accomplish anything except further drive the region toward financial ruin.

Years
  • In a way. I'm surrounded by a lot of people with less knowledge in certain topics which can make them seem 'stupid'. But I'm sure I look the same way to them in other situations. I do feel like a lot of people are just oblivious to the world around them and are herded around by people in power like sheeple. People don't like breaking the status quo.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I constantly feel that way although I'm an idiot myself I suppose now that I think about it. Oh well misery loves company.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sometimes. But not often. The most recent example was kind of when I posted a reply in the pro-gay/ no-gay thread xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im constantly afraid of saying something stupid and having people jump down my throat, so I almost never talk unless someone says something to me or I need or want to talk to people.

Back