• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improved Battle Menu and Summary Screen [v17.2]

Years
    All the steps have been completed in order, but the Pokemon Summary screen still uses the default screen and starting a battle still causes a crash.

Years
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NoMethodError

Game_Character:202:in `screen_z'

Sprite_Character:154:in `shadow_update'

Sprite_DynamicShadows:164:in `update_or'

Tilemap_Perspective:436:in `update'

Sprite_Character:44:in `shadow_initialize'

Sprite_DynamicShadows:141:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'

Tilemap_Perspective:430:in `initialize'

Spriteset_Map:64:in `new'

Spriteset_Map:64:in `_animationSprite_initialize'

Spriteset_Map:63:in `each'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\MYNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

The battle system's fixed now (i don't think anything changed between last night attempt to test the game and today's) but what's causing this bug? I copypasted the staircase's warp in Player's Starting Room and changed it to point towards a gym I'm testing.

Years
    The battle system's fixed now (i don't think anything changed between last night attempt to test the game and today's) but what's causing this bug? I copypasted the staircase's warp in Player's Starting Room and changed it to point towards a gym I'm testing.

I can't help you with this because I don't know about the event. But rest assured that the Improved Battle Menu isn't causing this error.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    One more small suggestion for effectiveness display. It's probably best for fixed damage moves like Psywave, Seismic Toss, and Dragon Rage to always have a type modifier of 8 unless they don't affect the opponent.

Years
    One more small suggestion for effectiveness display. It's probably best for fixed damage moves like Psywave, Seismic Toss, and Dragon Rage to always have a type modifier of 8 unless they don't affect the opponent.

Funnily enough, I was working on something similar for cases like Thunder Wave on Ground Types and Toxic on Steel types. But, I'm happy with this iteration of the script for now. I'm working on something else rn but I'll try to add this too when I get back to this Script. Thanks for the suggestion.

Years
    Will your script detect when the type of a target is changed by Type3 (added by Forest's Curse), and when you try using Spore on a Grass pokemon or Sleep Powder on a Vigoroth with Insomnia?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    It's also important to note that this sees through Illusion, though I'm not sure if this is intended considering it sees through type immunity abilities by default as well.

Years
    Will your script detect when the type of a target is changed by Type3 (added by Forest's Curse), and when you try using Spore on a Grass pokemon or Sleep Powder on a Vigoroth with Insomnia?
    Yes

It's also important to note that this sees through Illusion, though I'm not sure if this is intended considering it sees through type immunity abilities by default as well.
    I'd actually prefer if it didn't see through illusion. I'll try to add that later.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2023
    This is a great script!
    I have added it and works perfect!
    But, have you tried to make a stat overlay like Sun/Moon or show move details in battle?
    That would complete all visible nformation mid-battle!

Years
    This is a great script!
    I have added it and works perfect!
    But, have you tried to make a stat overlay like Sun/Moon or show move details in battle?
    That would complete all visible nformation mid-battle!

I don't understand what you mean by stat overlay?

I know of a way to show move info mid battle but I'm working on something else so I won't do it right now.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I don't understand what you mean by stat overlay?

I know of a way to show move info mid battle but I'm working on something else so I won't do it right now.

he means the like in battle display that shows the stat changes,
    Improved Battle Menu and Summary Screen [v17.2]

Years
    he means the like in battle display that shows the stat changes,

Oh I see. That uses the touch screen if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure how well that would translate to Pokemon Essentials. I'd love to work on something like this if anyone could PM me their idea for an Essentials-version of stat overlay.

Years
    The battle system works great now, but the Pokemon Status screen is still vanilla even though I copypasted the script and code where I was supposed to.

Did I miss a step?

Years
    Went into a battle to test that, and found this.

Pokemon Essentials
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 22 (coords 30,4), map 3 (AA's house):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: improved battle menu and summary:358:in `refresh'undefined method `battlers' for #<Viewport:0xfae28d0>

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(:YOUNGSTER,"Ben",_I("Aww, I lost."),false,0,false,0)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

improved battle menu and summary:340:in `initialize'

improved battle menu and summary:200:in `new'

improved battle menu and summary:200:in `initialize'

party plus v2:3293:in `new'

party plus v2:3293:in `pbStartBattle'

party plus v2:2668:in `pbStartBattleCore'

party plus v2:2564:in `pbStartBattle'

party plus v2:2553:in `pbTrainerBattle'

party plus v2:2552:in `pbSceneStandby'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:794:in `command_111'

Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:163:in `update'

Scene_Map:161:in `loop'

Scene_Map:170:in `update'

Scene_Map:234:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\MYNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Back