• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-game gen 4 hints/references

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
  • Remember all those little hints in X and Y that told us Gen 3 remakes were on the way?

Like the NPC who mentions Lavaridge's hot springs, or the one who feels the need to inform you about ruby and sapphire wedding anniversaries.

With all the speculation that the next games could be Gen 4 remakes, will you be looking out for some subtle (or not so subtle) hints in Sun and Moon? I know I will.

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    I mean, they reference a lot of games each time, but yes, Gen 4 remakes are literally guaranteed. So is Gen 5.

But 4 comes before 5, so 4 is next. I cracked the code.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Silvally's Ability is called the RKS System.

The Sun and Moon are in space.

Cynthia's name comes from the moon and Cyrus's comes from the sun.

I don't know anything more specific than that yet but I'm sure I'll be saying "gen 4 confirmed" every time I even see something from gen 4, even a wild Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Silvally's Ability is called the RKS System.

The Sun and Moon are in space.

Cynthia's name comes from the moon and Cyrus's comes from the sun.

I don't know anything more specific than that yet but I'm sure I'll be saying "gen 4 confirmed" every time I even see something from gen 4, even a wild Pokémon.
    That makes sense!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Pretty sure a strong indicator is if there aren't many Sinnoh Pokémon available in Alola. I remember in DPPT and XY, there weren't many Johto and Hoenn Pokémon available respectively which ended up in those getting remakes.

Years
  • Seeing as it's the 20th anniversary they'll no doubt be even more references, but I'll still be looking for those Gen 4 hints. I mean, there's already the Diamond Head and Pearl Harbour theory...

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Not Sun and Moon, but the Pokemon JP channel recently uploaded a video focusing on the Gen4 Starters, most of the background characters are also Sinnoh(Or Available in Sinnoh) Pokemon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtseZPBDwRI

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Dimensional Research Lab minor spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Dimensional Research Lab minor spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Also Palkia.

I've noticed a couple of things.

what Rivvon mentioned about giratina, bronzong, and palkia.

I also noticed this film playing in the geothermal power plant that mentions a gym leader checking the heat of the earth. It's possible the gym leader is roark

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Lusamine is quite similar to Cyrus, especially with that last battle in another realm (if I'm not mistaken).

This is the first time since Diamond and Pearl to introduce a new evolution stone and a Pokémon that evolves through learning a move.

Silvally is based off you know who.

This is also the first time since Gen IV when Porygon and Chansey are native to the region (though this isn't really worth pointing out).

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • While I haven't seen much Gen IV references, I've noticed a lot of Gen V references though. Myself and Hikamaru pointed a few things out.

1. Both Alola and Unova are based on a state in the USA, both regions have three syllables and both end in an "a".
    2. Like Gen V, the Fire and Water starter are both mammals, the water starter is a water mammal.
    3. There is a spider-based Pokémon.
    4. Professor Burnett.

Here are just some of the references I can think of at this precise moment, however, I do think these are just coincidental or like the subtle Gen III references in Gen V.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Oh I would love a 3D remake of Sinnoh... however, I like current game mechanics too much. Such as I like my customizable avatars, ride pager, clothes shops, etc. ORAS wasn't my cup of tea, as they tried to stay true to the main game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think I saw more references to gen V than any other if I'm completely honest. The two that stood out to me most were seeing Colress and Grimsley and then the fact that both Alola and Unova are based off U.S States. Idk, if there are any references to a particular generation, I'm seeing more for fifth gen than fourth gen as much as I'd love Sinnoh remakes at this point. I'm not even going to delve into these games having x amount of references to Kanto lmao.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I feel that while there are links to gen 5, there are overall more links to gen 4-
    ~The bookshelfs that had information onSialga, Palkia qnd Bronzong
    -Cynthia making a return

Also It may not be much, but there's the fact that Alola and Sinnoh have reasonably different Climates, and not many Sinnoh mons are in the Alola dex. If they try to do what they did in gen 6 (Having every pokémon available within tgat generation) Then any remakes would require a large number of sinnoh mons post fame. UNLESS it was Sinnoh itself.

Lastly, a bit of wishful thinking, but if we get Sinnoh remakes, I really hope we get the expanded dec

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I feel remakes are inevitable; It is just a matter of when and how soon it will happen.

I'm all ready to re-face Giratina and it's Distortion World. That was the cream of crop!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Giratina has came from another world just like the Ultra Beasts. Ultra Beasts roaming around the Alola region was quite fun.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I think I saw more references to gen V than any other if I'm completely honest. The two that stood out to me most were seeing Colress and Grimsley and then the fact that both Alola and Unova are based off U.S States. Idk, if there are any references to a particular generation, I'm seeing more for fifth gen than fourth gen as much as I'd love Sinnoh remakes at this point. I'm not even going to delve into these games having x amount of references to Kanto lmao.

Same, while I wouldn't mind a Sinnoh remake, I do see more Gen V references.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    To be honest I think there were multiple references to every generation, but I thought the gen four references were more "subtle" for example the research lab containing info on gen four pokemon. Also a grunt near or in po town tells the player Carnivine is her favorite but she doesn't have one.

The space and other dimension theme reminded me a lot of Dialga/Palkia/Giratina

Silvally is based off you know who.

call me dumb, but who?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • call me dumb, but who?

Arceus.

Also this is the first region since Sinnoh whose PokéDex doesn't have at least half of the total Pokémon in their respective Generation. For example, Hoenn has 202 Pokémon in its original PokéDex, and 386 Pokémon existed that time, while Alola has only 301 and 801 Pokémon exist now.

Back