• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I'm currently at the point of the game where I'm just trying to catch every legendary Pokemon that live in Mirage spots, and I'm just wondering if you can catch all three Legendary Beasts (Entei/Raikou/Suicune) in one game, without trading.

If not, I'm gonna just try get the best one that can be used competitively, so if I can't catch all three, which one is the best competitively?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm currently at the point of the game where I'm just trying to catch every legendary Pokemon that live in Mirage spots, and I'm just wondering if you can catch all three Legendary Beasts (Entei/Raikou/Suicune) in one game, without trading.

If not, I'm gonna just try get the best one that can be used competitively, so if I can't catch all three, which one is the best competitively?
    You can get all three of them in the same game. Each one has a 20 minute timeframe in which it appears, and is available every hour.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Does anyone know of a good breeding, and shiny chaining guide? I would like to know all about it so I can do it myself.
    The Trade Corner has a nice guide right here about breeding. As for shiny chaining, I believe that some did start a thread/guide for that in the ORAS section, so maybe you'll wanna take a look at that?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Can anyone explain to me how EV's work? I'm still kind of unsure about them. And what I'm trying to find out, is, well.
    Usually when I try get advice with a moveset, someone says something like
    4 <stat> / 252 <stat> / 252 <stat>

How do I know if my Pokemon has those EVs? How do I train them to make sure they have exactly that?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Can anyone explain to me how EV's work? I'm still kind of unsure about them. And what I'm trying to find out, is, well.
    Usually when I try get advice with a moveset, someone says something like

How do I know if my Pokemon has those EVs? How do I train them to make sure they have exactly that?

When your KO a Pokemon, it gives a certain amount of EVs.

For example, if you KO a Zubat, you will get 1 Speed EV.
    If you KO a Seviper, you will get 1 Attack EV and 1 Sp. Attack EV.
    You can also use certain items to increase how much you get. Like the Macho Brace doubles EV gain.

Each Pokemon can only have up to 510 EVs, with the max for each stat being 252 (255 before XY).
    Because of the 510 limit, I believe it is most common to use the 4/252/252 spread, but obviously you can do it any way you want, as long as it doesn't exceed the limits.

Here is a very detailed and useful page on it. I suggest taking a look because I didn't explain nearly enough to completely understand it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I recently found out that Gen VI changed how shininess is determined, essentially doubling the chance.

Am I correct in thinking that means that, if you transfer a non-shiny Pokemon, there's a small chance of it becoming shiny?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I recently found out that Gen VI changed how shininess is determined, essentially doubling the chance.

Am I correct in thinking that means that, if you transfer a non-shiny Pokemon, there's a small chance of it becoming shiny?
    Nah, Pokemon don't just randomly become shiny upon transfer. If it wasn't shiny originally, it'll never be shiny (bar hacking it).

Also, where are the best places to horde EV train in ORAS?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Nah, Pokemon don't just randomly become shiny upon transfer. If it wasn't shiny originally, it'll never be shiny (bar hacking it).

Also, where are the best places to horde EV train in ORAS?

Copy/pasted from this thread:
    HP: Whismur — Rusturf Tunnel
    Attack: Shuppet — Mt. Pyre
    Defense: Sandshrew — Route 111
    Special Attack: Oddish — Route 119
    Special Defense: Swablu — Route 115
    Speed: Zigzagoon/Taillow/Wingull — Route 104

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    is there an online map of the underwater world? all I can find are from the GBA games

So I just came across a video that shows all the locations of the Arceus Plates in ORAS and I managed to get them all except the Iron Plate (which seems to be post game only, according to the video) so I have 2 questions:

1) How are you POSSIBLY supposed to know the plates are even there? At least the Mega Stones have the little glitter to indicate where they are, but the plates have nothing. Is there even any clue in the game that they even exist in the first place?

2) what are the other legendary items? Yes, I have looked up online but everything I find requires you to know what the items are in the first place before you can find where they are. I don't know which legendaries have special hold items or not, and there's too many pages that just mush all the information altogether for all gens when I just need the info for the 6th gen. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    So I used the Pokebank to transfer a Kadabra and Gyrados to Y and they both had there mega stones, but now in Y they don't. Why do they lose the stones?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    So I used the Pokebank to transfer a Kadabra and Gyrados to Y and they both had there mega stones, but now in Y they don't. Why do they lose the stones?

You can't transfer items through Pokebank. If your Pokemon is holding an item, it goes back to the bag of the original game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    So I just came across a video that shows all the locations of the Arceus Plates in ORAS and I managed to get them all except the Iron Plate (which seems to be post game only, according to the video) so I have 2 questions:

1) How are you POSSIBLY supposed to know the plates are even there? At least the Mega Stones have the little glitter to indicate where they are, but the plates have nothing. Is there even any clue in the game that they even exist in the first place?

2) what are the other legendary items? Yes, I have looked up online but everything I find requires you to know what the items are in the first place before you can find where they are. I don't know which legendaries have special hold items or not, and there's too many pages that just mush all the information altogether for all gens when I just need the info for the 6th gen. Thanks!

1. You have to position your character just right to take the plate, as I mentioned a few pages back.

2. The DNA Splicers are hidden in the Gnarled Den, where Kyurem is caught, but you need the Dowsing Machine to pick out the exact location.

The Bulbagarden Facebook page also posted the exact locations of the creation trio's orbs:
    Spoiler:

Nakala Pri

I'm about to challenge the Pokemon League, so I need to find out where the Thunderstone, Fire Stone and Dragon Scale is. Specifically. I haven't got enough time on the 3DS to go on a wild goose chase. =(

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Help plz. Spiritomb problems.

First post. Hello all.
    I am trying to catch spiritomb and for some reason nothing is happening. I went sea mauville and talked to the girl and received the "key to room 1" as soon as I enter the room. (first one on the left when you enter the area where the girl is) nothing happens..... It doesn't say "you are being watched" or whatever. Just nothing. I walk up the book shelf and it says everything else. "blah...blah...blah old keystone" so as soon as the text is done I open my inventory then close it but nothing pops up behind me. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I did all the same thing that I saw in 5 different videos on YouTube.

*I have not completed all gyms (7 done) could that be the problem?

I also am not a pokemon expert by any means, this is the first one where I am trying to play competitively and complete it...etc.

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Hey, thanks for the reply.that is what I am thinking. But in a few of the videos I watched it said you did not have to... Maybe it was talking about e4. Just wanted to see if anyone here had a for sure answer.
    Thanks again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back