• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So forget the battle resort and completing the pokedex (as I know about those) I just want to make sure I did everything in the game that can be done:

I got all badges, beat delta episode, am slowly catching all the legendaries possible in game, I got all the Arceus plates, all the mega stones (and therefore the 1,000 secret base flags) every berry (except the 4 event berries) every HM/TM, is there anything else to do/get in game or have I pretty much got it all? (I ask because I'm working 3 simultaneous games, so I'm just trying to make sure I got everything before I put one away) thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So forget the battle resort and completing the pokedex (as I know about those) I just want to make sure I did everything in the game that can be done:

I got all badges, beat delta episode, am slowly catching all the legendaries possible in game, I got all the Arceus plates, all the mega stones (and therefore the 1,000 secret base flags) every berry (except the 4 event berries) every HM/TM, is there anything else to do/get in game or have I pretty much got it all? (I ask because I'm working 3 simultaneous games, so I'm just trying to make sure I got everything before I put one away) thanks!
    There's always training your Pokemon for competitive play and trying your luck in all four of the Battle Resort formats.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    Help with Hitmontop and Hitmonchan

Hi so I just got 2 Tyrogues from breeding at the Battle Resort. Both are level 1. I have tried everything to get Hitmontop and Hitmonchan but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have a step-by-step process as to how to get these guys in Omega Ruby? Thanks

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Hitmontop = ATK & DEF are equal.
    Hitmonchan = DEF is superior than ATK
    Hitmonlee = ATK is superior than DEF

Before leveling, check stats and evolve. If you don't get the right one, use EVs or, faster (but more expensive), vitamins to off-set the difference to get the one you want.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Hi so I just got 2 Tyrogues from breeding at the Battle Resort. Both are level 1. I have tried everything to get Hitmontop and Hitmonchan but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have a step-by-step process as to how to get these guys in Omega Ruby? Thanks

Like Belldandy said above me.

Tyrogue evolves at level 20. What he evolves into depends on his Attack and Defense stats.

He will evolve into:
    Hitmonlee if its Attack is higher than its Defense.
    Hitmonchan if its Defense is higher than its Attack.
    Hitmontop if its Attack and Defense are the same.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Just a bit more specific for EVs, if you need a Hitmonchan, kill these Pokémon:

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/defense.shtml

If you want Hitmontop and you notice your Pokémon keeps trying to evolve into Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan, to boost the stat that is lacking to be the exact same as the one that is superior when evolving, use the above link as well as:

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/attack.shtml

Or, again, vitamins. You could also play with natures, but you'll probably be going for Adamant or Jolly, and with the former you already have a bias to get Hitmonlee due to +10% ATK.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah ahaha well i checked the Iv's and i'm pretty sure it is hacked. 6 IV's, shiny and met at lv. 10 in Slateport city is almost impossible, i think

Well, it is possible to find it in Slateport at level 10 with the old rod: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/location/129.shtml#or in addition to that, if they're using the Dexnav at high enough levels the IVs and Shinyness happens at a higher and higher frequency if you're chaining, so I wouldn't say it's almost impossible, it's just time consuming.

Years
  • Well, it is possible to find it in Slateport at level 10 with the old rod: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/location/129.shtml#or in addition to that, if they're using the Dexnav at high enough levels the IVs and Shinyness happens at a higher and higher frequency if you're chaining, so I wouldn't say it's almost impossible, it's just time consuming.

You're right, i forgot about these new mechanics. I wish i could evolve it. It is still one of my favourite shinies so i'm happy with it

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    You're right, i forgot about these new mechanics. I wish i could evolve it. It is still one of my favourite shinies so i'm happy with it

Well… I don't want to get your hopes up because There's just simply so little I want to trade for, but if you really, REALLY wanted a shiny Gyarados that doesn't need to be from gen 6, I have the Pokemon Centre Nagoya gold Magikarp at level 99: https://serebii.net/events/dex/129.shtml but I would need something pretty major to trade for it. I just have so few actual non legendary events from previous gens that I REALLY want to portion them out for something good.

Years
  • For that matter, if you want to get Defense EVs fast, you're best off fighting Sandshrew in hordes on Route 111 with Sweet Scent. Unfortunately, the evolution screen this generation makes it more difficult to know what it'll evolve into, so you can't see what it is until it evolves.

Years
  • Well… I don't want to get your hopes up because There's just simply so little I want to trade for, but if you really, REALLY wanted a shiny Gyarados that doesn't need to be from gen 6, I have the Pokemon Centre Nagoya gold Magikarp at level 99: https://serebii.net/events/dex/129.shtml but I would need something pretty major to trade for it. I just have so few actual non legendary events from previous gens that I REALLY want to portion them out for something good.

Thanks for you offer! It isn't a priority for me to get a red gyarados for now and i don't think i have anything that would interest you, i have been away from pokemon since gen 3 and only got my hands on a 2DS 2 months ago ahah. I'm looking for a tanabata jirachi, do you have one that you would wanto to put up for a trade?

(maybe we should PM each other since we are talking about trades in a quick question thread? ahaha)

Midnight-Kitteh

Feline and Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • Question on Shiny Breeding

I have a quick question as I want to breed a Shiny Chansey, does the Chansey need to be from another region with the father being from my game or does the father need to be from an alternate region?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I have a quick question as I want to breed a Shiny Chansey, does the Chansey need to be from another region with the father being from my game or does the father need to be from an alternate region?

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pokémon#Generation_VI

An internal marker on each Pokémon (0x17) identifies their "home location": if the game recognizes the two Pokémon in the daycare as having different home locations, then when an Egg is generated, the game will attempt to generate a personality value that results in a Shiny Pokémon up to four extra times in Generation IV and five extra times in Generation V.[2] If the player has the Shiny Charm, the game will make two further attempts to generate a Shiny Pokémon, bringing the total chance up to 1/1024, or eight times more likely than normal.
    In Generation VI, the Shiny Charm combined with the Masuda method increases the chance of hatching a Shiny Pokémon to 1/512.

Basically be ready for a lot of breeding and hatching and disappointments before you get what you want.

Good luck!

Midnight-Kitteh

Feline and Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks but you didn't really answer my question with stuff that isn't already available and that I know from having done it before. I want to know if Chansey or the Father has to be from the different region as with other shinies I bred it was with Carvanha (male) Carvanha(Female) etc but Chansey is 100% female.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I want to know if Chansey or the Father has to be from the different region as with other shinies I bred it was with Carvanha (male) Carvanha(Female) etc but Chansey is 100% female.

It can be either parent, it doesn't matter.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    As long as one of them is from a different region you get more chance. So foreign chansey or foreign ditto wouldnt make any difference. Not sure if foreign for both increases the chance or not but I dont think so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back