• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    So, I'm intrigued even though I don't have the game yet because I live in the UK. But, when you're getting the different legendaries from across Hoenn, the question is, if you're getting the Kyurem trio do you need the Reshiram or Zekrom both from either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? The same question for the Thunderus/Landorus trio.

Similar to how the HGSS games required Kyogre and Groudon from both games to get Rayquaza.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    So, I'm intrigued even though I don't have the game yet because I live in the UK. But, when you're getting the different legendaries from across Hoenn, the question is, if you're getting the Kyurem trio do you need the Reshiram or Zekrom both from either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? The same question for the Thunderus/Landorus trio.

Similar to how the HGSS games required Kyogre and Groudon from both games to get Rayquaza.

Yes, you need Zekrom(exclusive to AS) and Reshiram(exclusive to OR) to get Kyurem
    Dialga(exclusive to AS) and Palkia(exclusive to OR) to get Giratina
    Thundurus(exclusive to AS) and Tornadus(exclusive to OR) to get Landorus

I think that's all of them that work like that. For more info on all the legendaries, go here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Yes, you need Zekrom(exclusive to AS) and Reshiram(exclusive to OR) to get Kyurem
    Dialga(exclusive to AS) and Palkia(exclusive to OR) to get Giratina
    Thundurus(exclusive to AS) and Tornadus(exclusive to OR) to get Landorus

I think that's all of them that work like that. For more info on all the legendaries, go here.

So they can't be banked Pokémon from Gen V? Apologies for asking again, but Serebii doesn't have any information on that! Cheers!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Are the Steelix and Glalie mega stones not demo-only? I was exploring Granite Cave on my Alpha Sapphire and found Steelixite in one of the lower floors....

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    So they can't be banked Pokémon from Gen V? Apologies for asking again, but Serebii doesn't have any information on that! Cheers!

I think they should be able to work, but I'm not sure.

Are the Steelix and Glalie mega stones not demo-only? I was exploring Granite Cave on my Alpha Sapphire and found Steelixite in one of the lower floors....

No, they're not exclusive to demos, I found Glalite at the bottom of Shoal Cave (the icy part with Snorunt). As well as the Steelixite in Granite Cave.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is anyone else having trouble with timed events with these games? two days ago (three maybe?) I transferred the Glalie to my game form the demo, and every single time I go back to the demo to trade more rewards, it always tells me to try again tomorrow, and just now I scanned a secret base and tried to battle the person inside and they told me to come back tomorrow so what the heck is going on?

Yes I did change the 3DS clock because I started the game on the 23rd (but wanted it to say I started the adventure on the 21st when the game came out) but I haven't touched the date or time since and it's been two days (both in real life and as far as the 3DS is concerned as the date on it is the 23rd) so what is going on? It reminds me of the berry glitch from the original games

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Where can I catch Carvahna/Sharpedo in Omega Ruby? No spoilers please, just the location and how to catch it (what fishing rod/surfing).
    The route to the east of Mauville (don't remember the number) is where you can fish one up with a Good Rod. I don't think that you can catch one any earlier than that.

Years
  • Where can I catch Carvahna/Sharpedo in Omega Ruby? No spoilers please, just the location and how to catch it (what fishing rod/surfing).

Route 118 with a Good or Super Rod.

Also, bringing this back up: Apparently you can a Destiny Knot from the Young Couple in Sea Mauville after finding all the treasure and beating them in battle, but I haven't been able to get this to work. I've seen videos of it so I know it's possible, but does anyone else know anything about this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Thanks! I only have an old rod, where can I get a good or super rod?

Also on Route 118. Talk to a Fisherman there and he'll give it to you.

EDIT: Actually, it's on the eastern beach of Route 118, so you'll need Surf to get it.

To add even more, that would be for the Good Rod. The Super Rod, if I'm not mistaken, is received from a Fisherman at the northernmost house in Mossdeep City. c:

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2014
    I just beat the game a few days ago and I caught azelf and mespirit. But I have waited 2 days and no matter what I do, Uxie won't appear. It has been more than 12 hours. The happiness on my Pokemon is fine because I got azelf and mespirit. What am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I know that if you delete or forget a move the pokemon learns that you can take it to the move relearner and relearn it regardless of whether it's an egg move, level up move or whatever (because the game flat out said that!) However, what I'm curious about is if I had an egg move in one game (say Alpha Sapphire) and forgot it and traded it to X, would the move relearned there be able to teach it to my pokemon again or does it only keep track of egg moves in the game it forgot the move in?

Specifically, the reason I'm asking is because I bred a Gallade to be my capture pokemon, so it was born with Skill Swap, Mean Look and Shadow Sneak (Skill swap to check horde abilities, Mean Look to prevent pokemon from running away and Shadow Sneak for Ghost Pokemon that are immune to False Swipe) however, I need status moves so I took off Skill Swap for Hypnosis (which is no big deal as Alpha Sapphire has a move tutor to teach that move) and was thinking of taking off Mean Look for Thunder Wave if I come across pokemon immune to sleep, OR switching Mean Look to Skill Swap when I am looking for hidden abilities because once I find all the hidden abilities, Mean Look will be the more important move again) which brings up the main topic:

If I delete Mean Look for another move in Alpha Sapphire, and I trade it to Y, will the move relearned there be able to teach the move to my pokemon again if I decide I made a mistake, or once the pokemon has left the game it forgot it's egg move in, you can't ever get it back? Has anyone traded an egg move pokemon that lost it's egg move to another game to see if it can get the move back? Thanks!

Years
  • Has anyone found the intruguing stone yet? I'm so confused on how to get it right now! I need it to get the mega stone for Pidgeot. D:

There's a girl in Verdanturf that's looking for her Shroomish. Talk to her and then go examine the sign (I believe it's in the middle of town). The Shroomish will come out from behind it and run back to the girl, and then you'll automatically be taken back to her and she'll give you the Intriguing Stone.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • There's a girl in Verdanturf that's looking for her Shroomish. Talk to her and then go examine the sign (I believe it's in the middle of town). The Shroomish will come out from behind it and run back to the girl, and then you'll automatically be taken back to her and she'll give you the Intriguing Stone.

omg, thank you so much! It worked what you said! I couldn't figure it out because I know someone off site said you get it from a girl, and I checked everywhere.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Question with sliiiight spoiler on the Delta Episode.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Question with sliiiight spoiler on the Delta Episode.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back