• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Which game?

As soon as you can access the PSS screen. In XY like right after you get your starter, if I recall correctly.
    I don't remember when you can access the PSS screen in ORAS it may be after you talk to Mr Stone.

Wait so once I'm on Dewford Island I can trade??

Years
    To be specific, you can trade as soon as you get the PlayNav in Petalburg City, after the event where Wally catches his Ralts.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    Eon ticket question (NOT how to get one)

I'm new to Pokemon. I just started playing about a month ago when I got the Eon Ticket via download code. Not knowing anything about the game, I "used" it at the first Pokemon center in Oldale Town. Of course nothing happened, but now that I've played the game for awhile I understand a little more. My problem is I no longer have the Eon ticket in my inventory. I've gone back to speak with Norman after my visit to Southern Island, but he just says to visit my mom. I have the Mega Bracelet. Is the ticket just lost to me? Is there another way to Southern Island? Any help is appreciated.

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    I'm new to Pokemon. I just started playing about a month ago when I got the Eon Ticket via download code. Not knowing anything about the game, I "used" it at the first Pokemon center in Oldale Town. Of course nothing happened, but now that I've played the game for awhile I understand a little more. My problem is I no longer have the Eon ticket in my inventory. I've gone back to speak with Norman after my visit to Southern Island, but he just says to visit my mom. I have the Mega Bracelet. Is the ticket just lost to me? Is there another way to Southern Island? Any help is appreciated.

Are you saying your Eon Ticket does not show up in your Bag as a Key item?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    It does not show anywhere in my bag. And no, I ha not beaten the Elite 4. Everything I've read has said to progress to Southern Island in the story, after which I return to Norman with my Mega Bracelet and give him my Eon Ticket. I've d this but since I can't find my Eon Ticket I can return to the island.

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    It does not show anywhere in my bag. And no, I ha not beaten the Elite 4. Everything I've read has said to progress to Southern Island in the story, after which I return to Norman with my Mega Bracelet and give him my Eon Ticket. I've d this but since I can't find my Eon Ticket I can return to the island.

Did the Eon Ticket EVER appear in your bag?
    By some chance did you do a SR or close the game after getting the Eon Ticket from the Delivery Person before your saved or have you started your game over?

It seems like you need to be taking your DS with you when you leave home to get another Eon Ticket via Streetpass.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I know that when you use Minimize, the moves Stomp, Steamroller, Body Slam, Dragon Rush, Flying Press, and Phantom Force cant miss and also do double damage, HOWEVER if the moves Stomp, Body Slam or Flying Press are used on a ghost using Minimize, do they still not miss or does the ghost immunity to fighting and normal type moves still take precedence?

Years
    So I know that when you use Minimize, the moves Stomp, Steamroller, Body Slam, Dragon Rush, Flying Press, and Phantom Force cant miss and also do double damage, HOWEVER if the moves Stomp, Body Slam or Flying Press are used on a ghost using Minimize, do they still not miss or does the ghost immunity to fighting and normal type moves still take precedence?

I presume the Ghost-type's immunity will still come first, making the moves unable to hit. As far as I know, immunties caused by type come before any stat changes, unless if a move or ability caused the removal of the immunity beforehand.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I presume the Ghost-type's immunity will still come first, making the moves unable to hit. As far as I know, immunties caused by type come before any stat changes, unless if a move or ability caused the removal of the immunity beforehand.

Ah thanks, that's good to know.

Alright, so new question, is anyone else annoyed at the new level up moves between ORAS and X and Y? I was breeding and going through the list of Move Tutor moves and by pure luck I just happened to notice that Slaking learns Play Rough but only as a level up move as a Slakoth and at level 38, so now I need to rebreed Slakoth since mine is a vigoroth now. Also, Luvdisc learns Draining Kiss as well as Oddish learns Moonblast at level 43 (fortunately, unlike Slakoth, I haven't evolved my Oddish yet so I don't have to re breed those) The reason I'm annoyed is because A) it's a pretty good move and most importantly handles Slaking's weakness to fighting types but B) because now I have to go through every single pokemon ALL OVER AGAIN and compare their X/Y vs ORAS level up moves just to see if there are any differences, and since a lot of the pokemon that have different level up moves between the games (not all do, some are identical) also learn moves at different levels and different orders, this is going to take a VERY long time, so has anyone found a list online of the new level up moves JUST for ORAS? I found an old one of leaked data that someone had found I think before the games came out, but it was an incomplete list (didn't have Slakoth on the list) so I'm hoping someone might have come across it.

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Ah thanks, that's good to know.

Alright, so new question, is anyone else annoyed at the new level up moves between ORAS and X and Y? I was breeding and going through the list of Move Tutor moves and by pure luck I just happened to notice that Slaking learns Play Rough but only as a level up move as a Slakoth and at level 38, so now I need to rebreed Slakoth since mine is a vigoroth now. Also, Luvdisc learns Draining Kiss as well as Oddish learns Moonblast at level 43 (fortunately, unlike Slakoth, I haven't evolved my Oddish yet so I don't have to re breed those) The reason I'm annoyed is because A) it's a pretty good move and most importantly handles Slaking's weakness to fighting types but B) because now I have to go through every single pokemon ALL OVER AGAIN and compare their X/Y vs ORAS level up moves just to see if there are any differences, and since a lot of the pokemon that have different level up moves between the games (not all do, some are identical) also learn moves at different levels and different orders, this is going to take a VERY long time, so has anyone found a list online of the new level up moves JUST for ORAS? I found an old one of leaked data that someone had found I think before the games came out, but it was an incomplete list (didn't have Slakoth on the list) so I'm hoping someone might have come across it.

I noticed a HUGE difference in the levels certain Pokemon learned or failed to learn moves when I was doing some breeding a couple of weeks ago.
    I made a mental note to make sure most of my leveling up was done in ORAS

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Am I able to be traded pokemon outside of the hoenn pokedex prior to getting the national pokedex?

Years
    Well, I was well on my way to catching them all, and all of a sudden my Pokedex crashes my game. I can't look at ANY Pokedex entry, even those I've only seen. As a result, I can't catch anything, and I have 30 balls to get rid of.

What do I do?

Last edited:

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Sounds like its time to back up the pokemon you have to bank and restart the game. If its crashing on the pokedex thats a bad sign that something is wrong with your game.

Have you got any hacked pokemon or used powersaves or injected with PKHex?

Years
    Sounds like its time to back up the pokemon you have to bank and restart the game. If its crashing on the pokedex thats a bad sign that something is wrong with your game.

Have you got any hacked pokemon or used powersaves or injected with PKHex?

Unless I ended up with something through Wonder Trade (though I've caught Pokemon since my last one) no I don't and no I haven't. I did research that but discovered that I updated the 3DS firmware too much and so never actually attempted.

Calypsis

Soul of the World
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    Is there any way to increase the odds of hatching a certain gendered pokemon? Like, making all Litleo you hatch male?

Years
    Is there any way to increase the odds of hatching a certain gendered pokemon? Like, making all Litleo you hatch male?

As far as I know, there is no such method to increase the odds of certain genders. It's all down to pure luck, and all the details of the Pokemon are generated (gender, IVs, ability, shininess etc.) as soon as you receive the egg.

Last edited:
    Years
    Im new to pokemon omega ruby

i completed the pokemon league for the first time last week, i've only collected Rayquaza and Deoxys in the delta episode i was wondering what i could/should be doing right now in the game any suggestions of what i could do would be great :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back