• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In which Risa hurt herself at work again

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
  • 434328ffdcb0120b152c2dbfb790e3b9.jpg

I was having a casual conversation with my boss lady, while putting some italian bread in the oven(our oven is a huge walk in oven, so the door to the oven is like... literally an actual door. Like a room door. I tell you this so you can actually imagine how I even managed to do this). She was telling me a story and since she's my boss, I felt obligated to listen.

I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, and I thought the door was open further than it was, and it wasn't. I backed up and my arm touched the button thing you can push in case you get stuck inside the oven.

Oven's set at 350F, and the door wasn't open too long, so the metal was either 350F or a little bit below... oh higher, I'm no heat expert.

My reaction was as follows:
    "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAH. OWWWWYYYYYYOU WERE-- SAAAAAAAYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG".

She simply laughed and continued with her story, and I stood there not listening to her horrible story, staring at the bright pink patch of pain on my arm. I took the picture about 5 minutes ago(like... 6 hours after it happened) and it's obvious it's going to be a scar.

What is having perfect, unscarred skin. What is... Not working in a dangerous and painful bakery....

Years
  • A walk in oven o.o I wouldn't go anywhere near one of those let alone go inside one. I don't want a final destination style death D:

But that looks painful :S I hope it heals up soon :3

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Oh, it'll be a scar for at least a hear haha. I've gotten worse degree burns in this job before, which I got a year ago, and they're still not totally faded. They were smaller yeah, but worse.

And yeah it's kind of intimidating at first to have to work with a walk in oven every day (you don't really walk in it but you could if you wanted to... I guess), but I'm used to it. I just wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been lmfao /weeps

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I burnt my arm while using my regular oven at home and the scar lasted for6 months so yeah XD Good luck getting rid of that one.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Put orphan tears or horse saliva on it. And everything will be okay.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Did you treat it? Put some vitamin E (cream works but the condensed liquid concentrated stuff is better) on it while it's healing and it should help heal it without scarring.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • &&Went: It's never going away, I'm just going to sob in this corner.

&&Syd: Will do, orphan tears heal everything.

&&Scarf: Oh my god I'm going to cry ;___; lmfao how'd you get it?

&&Kura: Yeah I did! I've been putting Neosporin and lotion with Cocoa Butter on it. So it won't be so bad in the end, but it'll still be there ):

Back