• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
glad to see that you remembered my advice droomph <3

but guys
why do you think less and less people are posting in the dcc
like really

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
There are less posters mainly because of school finals and other things in their lives not because of how we talk. Since I've been there, it has always been like that.
Also no 3DS for me but a PS3.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
the decrease in outside posters trend started quite a while before exams or whatever lol
they're leaving because they can't hold a topic in here that isn't swallowed up by the multitude of msn-esque conversation that seems to dominate the thread

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Eh, if a person is burned to death, it's not quite the same as cremation, but yeah, I see your point. X)
I know. It was just a joke haha.
Okay, bye. x:

Anyway.
I have yet to get a 3DS, as well. It seems stupid (in my opinion) to buy one just for X/Y versions, but I'll probably do it anyway. Smart move in Nintendo's part, I guess. But I'm a bit annoyed about having to buy a 3DS solely for playing Pokemon. I think I'm going to wait a while and look into X/Y after they're released, to be sure it won't end up like Black and White versions (I bought it and didn't even bother to completely the game- I still haven't caught Kyurem, Cobalion, Virizion, etc.).

I'm just throwing in my post toward Chris that, yes, less people were posting. But the thread didn't die. Don't you think a dead topic deters people more than an active (though, yes, a bit more confusing) conversation going on? But yeah, quoting would be a good idea. Would help keep from confusing people who are just coming around.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
Personally, I don't see anything wrong happening. A 3 way conversation could very well turn into a four way conversation, then five, etc etc if people are willing to post about the conversation at hand. It would help, though, like Chris said, if you guys could at the very least quote who you're responding to. It'd make the place look a little neater, imo.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Talking about 3DS, I saw something yesterday...

I SAW... THE LIMITED EDITION CHARIZARD VERSION OF 3DS!

However, the pricing... its just too damn high... The owner of the shop pricing is $699 SGD, which is like.. 555 USD. I could buy like 5 3DSs with that price. Meh.

I haven't gotten a 3DS myself, but I practically bought the GBASP, DS for Pokemon, but of course, I played other games, except for the DS, which has a poorer game pool then GBA imo.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Tbh I think that each console is made for a game category.
GBA/DS/3DS : RPG, Puzzle, Platform.
PS1/2/3/PSP : Action, Sports.
Am I the only one around here who noticed that?
SNOR(es)LAX said:
So basically I pay 5x the normal price for a console with a Charizard on it? Who are they taking for fools?

Honest

Hi!
Years
Er, I noticed that you didn't mention Microsoft. Hm.

I think the only reason Playstation and Xbox are more action oriented is cause they're consoles and not handhelds.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I don't consider Microsoft XBox series as a good thing anymore. Each 24 hrs, the XBox One has to be connected to the internet if you want to continue playing. That's so ridiculous. Not on my list.
The PSP is an handheld but it's still action oriented.

Honest

Hi!
Years
PSP doesn't seem to have many good action games, if I'm honest. Then again, I didn't play the thing much.

And is that true, about Xbox One? Cause if it is, that's sorta sad.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Not many are great but there so much : GTA, Ace Combat, Syphon Filter, The 3rd Birthday.
Sadly it was confirmed.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Germany could be banning the Xbox One because apparently the new Kinect system violates privacy laws over there, loooooool. Australia is debating the same issue too from what I've heard, which means two markets could be lost to Microsoft indefinitely if they go through with the bans, oops.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
So basically I pay 5x the normal price for a console with a Charizard on it? Who are they taking for fools?

I think it's to rip off all those impulse buyers out there. I doubt that you are one such buyer by the sound of things, here...

Since were talking about the new consoles, I'd say that I'm an Xbox person. Still, I'd like to see how they all perform, & now is too early to tell...

droomph

weeb
Years
The Kinect camera is required by the console to be constantly on, no matter what you do. It supposedly can be used to track your every move.

It can also be used supposedly to track how many people are in a room, so that when, say, you're watching the new Man of Steel or whatever, and a friend walks in the room or whatever you people with lives do, it can be used to detect that person and say "woah man. would you like to pay $8 to continue watching this movie with that loser?" and yeah
Germany could be banning the Xbox One because apparently the new Kinect system violates privacy laws over there, loooooool. Australia is debating the same issue too from what I've heard, which means two markets could be lost to Microsoft indefinitely if they go through with the bans, oops.

and marketing will sell like what, three consoles in america?

whoopsies

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
@Dipu : because apparently Kinect can track locations. And also it will use facial recognition for automatic logins and it has sensor camera and can get audio.
As droomph said, it must be turned on when you play.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Microsoft ruined itself without any help. Usually XBox sales bring a lot of cash but that time, everyone seems to prefer the PS4.
Who wouldn't?

droomph

weeb
Years
And Microsoft didn't think that'd be an issue when they made it that way?

I'm done.
actually, they probably don't care about what the customer thinks. It's all about money, because the target demographic of video games don't like to shell out money like rich people down in the Bahamas (then again 99.9% of us don't) so they have to coerce money out of people. Too bad they don't realize that there's like, oh a million other consoles that don't pull **** like this (yet), so it'll flop badly if it performs only on par to other consoles. You'd better give me like Watson-type speed and intelligence if I'm gonna pay that much money after I buy the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back