• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inevitable RSE Remake Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    Maybe game freak will erase RSE from history completely. I would then be satisfied.

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
    I'm not really sure why they'd remake RSE. The graphics don't look all that dated by today's standards. The only thing I could see them updating is maybe adding a GTS.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I say they'll at least wait for the next handheld. I'd rather they left it where it was, though. Remakes for everything? Nooooo thank you. I'd rather buy a new game (HG doesn't count; GSC was awesome).

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    As much as I would like to see RS remade and improved, it would start a trend, meaning that even before DP's graphics are considered to out of date they will be remade in Gen VI

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Also, it seems they're going for the ability to catch all 493 pokemon across DS games, period. It wouldn't make sense to remake RSE when they included all their legendaries in HGSS, and it doesn't seem too likely to happen with anything DS-compatible that may appear in the future.

Last edited:

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I think it's still too early to tell. They just added the core legendaries into HGSS, Regis are in Platinum if you have the right requirements, and everything else is scattered in all of them. I think the last thing right now people want to think about it having to catch those ones all over again when they just went through it kind of recently, imo. (Though, I still don't get why they needed to do the legendary bird trio twice)

But really... it depends on what Gamefreak/Nintendo wants to do, it depends on what Gen 5 is gonna be like. If they're keeping the trend then there should be one. Otherwise I don't see a point, unless Gen 5 isn't going to be backwards compatible with the previous versions (which I really hope not).

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    I don't think they will remake RS for gen V. as its been said, they graphics are already very good, and they'd just be adding a few improvements (unless this "rebirth" in gen V turns out to be some extraordinary changes). I believe they will add Hoenn to the gen V games to travel to after the E4.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    The only reason I'd want one is if Gen V is NOT backwards compatible with the other gens. =/

Seriously. I wants my Blaziken with me. If I can't get him somehow then I'm not playing till they do remake Hoenn! >.>

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    I think R/S/E remakes are bound to happen eventually. Gen V has just been revealed, though, so it probably won't be for a few more years.

Does that mean we'll eventually be getting another set of Kanto remakes?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I don't think there'll be RSE remakes for the DS/DSi. Maybe the console after that (released with Gen VI), or maybe even after that. Remember that one of the main reasons that RBY/GSC were remade was due to the lack of compatabilty with RSE/DPPt. RSE still has compatability with everything else at the moment, so we won't see a remake for a while.

As for the names: EarthRuby and SeaSapphire, definitely.

Philosoraptor

Spiral King
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    I think there will be. In 4 years, things can improve quite a bit, especially considering the rapid evolution of gaming, so I think that by the time 2014 rolls around, we'll have plenty of reasons to have it remade.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yup, so, looks like i'll have grown out of it by the time the remakes happen :P

Hopefully.

Na, i want Hoenn in a game with another region, i.e. the game with this phantom pokemon "Z" in it.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Since you're referring to R/S/E as in games and not Hoenn in general, I'll move it to General Pokemon Gaming.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I will have to agree that hoenn did have a slightly weak story (aqua and magma) but the rest is good. If they expand the aqua and magma like to "HOLY ****" mode, my life will be complete. But thats only if the hoenn remake is byitself and not with the [insert 5th generation region here] region.

Either way I just want a hoenn remake.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    imo it was fine as it was. so they don't really need to rush a remake.

Nathanyiel

It seems you lost the game...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    The only real reason they did remakes of RBY and GSC was that you couldn't trade from them to gen 3. I don't know if they'll make a remake just for the sales, but there is no real need for a remake whereas there was for the first two generations.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    They're going to remake Gen 3 as soon as backwards compatibility with the DS versions disappears.

By which time they're probably going to make DP remakes as well.

My guess would be in Gen 6/7, if it gets that far.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    I myself am expecting a remake by 2011.But hasnt anyone noticed that Kanto has been in every generation up to date?I see the player beating Kanto first then coming to Hoenn for a battle frontier Or the reversed in which its past the three years and you could battle the Red and Gold....att least from my perspective....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back