• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internal or external anger?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Do you usually internalize or externalize your anger? Which do you feel is better for you? Which do you feel is more dangerous?

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    When I'm around other people who are causing the anger, I definitely rage to them. When I'm alone and angry, I just let it fester inside and I don't tell anyone.
    I think expressing anger in a non-violent way is healthier than keeping it in or exploding with rage.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]It's a combination of both at first it's external then it becomes internal[/SIZE]

Years
  • Internalize, definitely!

I'm not good with letting my emotions out since I feel like I'd be bothering people or saying things I'd later regret, so I try to keep them inside. They go away on their own quickly enough so there's no reason for me to express it. Definitely better for me to deal with things on my own. >:

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Almost all the time, I'm internal. I swallow things down and act like things aren't as bad as they really are. That works for me most of the time.

Years
  • Internalize for the most part. If I'm external, it's usually in raising my voice or slamming things (mostly on accident).

I don't like arguing at all, so I prefer to just stay silent and let some time pass. Usually I'll come to my senses on my own. If I argued, I don't know how I'd fare. Last thing I want is to say something stupid in the heat of the moment.

Ayselipera

Almost fully internalizing. Which is actually not working out at all and is pretty horrible ayaya

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I internalise a lot. Nobody in real life ever knows when I'm angry because I have such a well-practiced mask designed to keep people from asking me questions.

I don't know if it's more dangerous to internalise or externalise. Externalising can be dangerous because it can push people away if you're too hot-headed, but internalising can be really dangerous too because if you bottle it all up then eventually you'll explode. It's also not good to internalise it health-wise because it can get your stress levels up and cause all sorts of blood pressure problems :P

Internalising works for me because I don't hold on to anger for long. Eventually I'll forget about it or let it slip away, I just let it pass through me like a wave instead of forcing it back onto others.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Almost always inner, since I tend not to get angry visibly often. Every now and then I might get passive aggressive, but it's rare for me to really rage on someone. I'm normally a calm person. Silly, crazy, but calm.

Years
  • Most of the time I keep it in but occasionally I let loose. I think it's best not to let your anger out but at the same time, if you keep things bottled up for too long, when you do burst, it can be far more destructive. Gotta get the balance right.

Years
  • I pretty much always turn my anger back into myself. I've done so ever since I use to get punished whenever I'd act out when something frustrated me as a kid. As good as it feels expressing it externally I usually internalize so I don't make people around me feel uncomfortable.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Internalize, but I feel that externalizing it(personally, going from experience here) is kind of a worse thing to do. I realize that sucking it all in is also pretty unhealthy, but at least I can listen to music or take a walk outside if I feel that upset about something(which isn't even common in the first place).

Back