• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Internet save file!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
  • I hope it's true. But to be it sounds like using an emulator...

That's what it's kinda like.
    Except the emulator only plays if you own one of the games and it will most likely be located on a website.

Wait, emulators bring my mind up to something.
    What if someone has a .sav file for a Black and or White ROM.
    Will it detect it's a ROM save file or will it use it?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    This could open up to a lot of new features to Pokemon.

-Multiple Saved Games
    -Sharing Save Files (only if you beat the E4 and finished your region dex)
    -A New Generation of Hacking

I wouldn't be surprised if White and Black is hacked before HG/SS.

-Multiple Saved Games

MULTIPLE SAVED GAMES

Please let it work that way! Please! xD

In other news, I bet it'll have some sort of encryption or something. I'm not well educated on this, but I doubt the people making the game are wholly ignorant of the pirating community. This could either be really good or really bad for Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

• Trust me on this. Action Replay and PokeSAV will be the least of the worry with this.
    Making a save file compatible for the PC means they can change their Pokemon's sprites, stats, sounds, battle animations, anything.
    You just need a good programer that can hack .sav files.
    I don't think nintendo would allow people to hack from their servers! that's where the game's file will go to, if they do then, well their not so smart...

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I've always wanted to play the game online and be able to see other players walking through the same towns and routes as me. And we'd be able to instant message, trade, battle, befriend, play other mini games, etc. That's always been my dream for Pokemon. I hope this is what I've been dreaming of.

If it is it's gona be another one of those freaky moments. Like when I predicted Chiramii and how he'd look weeks before any of the new Pokemon were revealed.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years

• Hey I just had a thought, what if this gen's Pokeathalon/ Pokecontest is by this method...that would save space in the main game for other new stuff! Using your actual Pokemon sounds cool, too, maybe their be ranks on the best players per game and we could have a competition of something:)!

This would be a cool idea. Not putting all the little mini game things on the actual DS cartridge so that there's more space to make the story longer. :D

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Alright, I read the small tidbit on that serebii page about the saves.

I personally think that you'll just upload your save data (limited amounts though, like the pokewalker) and it'll store on their servers. They'll then have mini-games (flash games?) and you can win items such as berries or vitamins, or maybe even Pokemon. Then you can add them to your saved game data on their site and load it back into your game, with the new pokemon and items.

Hopefully i'm wrong.
    PLEASE let me be wrong.
    Because I love all of your ideas. Multiple saves, etc.
    Amazing.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • I dout its true i mean pokemon on the coumputer that isnt a rom

Years
  • This is an interesting development. I hope it will allow you to play the game on the computer. This could open up the possibility of having multiple saves if the transfer protocol can be hack like GTS protocol was to allow people to back up Pokemon on their PC.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I wonder...could we battle people over the internet and trade! That would make it better for those people with out wi-fi to battle us people who had Wi-fi during gen 4!

Yeah that would be awesome! I have never been able to Wifi battle on the handheld games because they didn't support WPA secured internet. If they allowed me to upload my save file to the internet and fight people that way I could easily battle with my friends!

Years
  • I just think that it will be used to hold more storage Pokemon :/
    Well that's a good thing too, for those of us who like to capture many pokemon of the same type:)

I dout its true i mean pokemon on the coumputer that isnt a rom
    It's confirmed by the official website so it's true!;)

Last edited:

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • Wow, it would be SO COOL if there was some way for us to have multiple save files this way! But probably not...I think it's just so we can get on there and play games to get neat stuff.

However....I hope the games are cool and not boring and silly. ^^

Years
  • Wow, it would be SO COOL if there was some way for us to have multiple save files this way! But probably not...I think it's just so we can get on there and play games to get neat stuff.

However....I hope the games are cool and not boring and silly. ^^
    I'm with you, I really hope the games are cool:)!

shot571

I know what you guys are saying bout the multiple save thing but GF themselves wont implement that. Think about it. You need two games to get all the starters(minimum two games). If they made multiple save files then you could get all of them pretty easily meaning they wont sell as much. However if they do implement it they may make it so you can't trade. Just think of the irony if you catch a shiny 31x6 ivs legendary or whatever and want to trade it to the third game yet you can't. I'd love it to have multiple saves. I just dont see it happening.I reckon it'll be the games thing.The online battling thing sounds cool. That way i can battle more.

EDIT- The guy who mentioned that the graphics could be hacked is sorta right. IF someone is clever enough then i think they can do it. Nintendo isnt the best with Anti piracy. Do they have a console that hasnt been hacked? Im guessing someone could hack into theyre server. Not too sure bout the graphics bit but they could edit pokemon i think.

Years
  • I know what you guys are saying bout the multiple save thing but GF themselves wont implement that. Think about it. You need two games to get all the starters(minimum two games). If they made multiple save files then you could get all of them pretty easily meaning they wont sell as much. However if they do implement it they may make it so you can't trade. Just think of the irony if you catch a shiny 31x6 ivs legendary or whatever and want to trade it to the third game yet you can't. I'd love it to have multiple saves. I just dont see it happening.I reckon it'll be the games thing.The online battling thing sounds cool. That way i can battle more.

EDIT- The guy who mentioned that the graphics could be hacked is sorta right. IF someone is clever enough then i think they can do it. Nintendo isnt the best with Anti piracy. Do they have a console that hasnt been hacked? Im guessing someone could hack into theyre server. Not too sure bout the graphics bit but they could edit pokemon i think.
    If Nintendo allows people to hack into their servers then their Bakas!

Back