• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPad: Revolution or just plain useless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasabian_

Good bye
    Years
    What are peoples views on the iPad? Post them here.
    Personally, I think it's alright, but I don't see the full-on point of it :x

Post away (!)

Blaze The Hedgehog

The Flaming Wolf!
    Years
    When I first saw it, I did'n't see the actual point of it. But when I went into the Apple Store and messed with it, I thought it was pretty neat. Ideal for those who don't want to slug a netboook around with them I suppose.

Years
    Well its a pretty nice gadget but for the price i think its completely useless.
    i mean once you buy it (for around 600ish) you then also have to pay for all the programs! i just don't think its worth it.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I rather like it. I got one awhile ago and for all I do on the go, a laptop, or even net book, is overkill. I use it mainly as a media player, word processor, VPN portal, and concept drawing pad. It works well for all of those and the ability to turn 3G on and off as needed is also a plus.

For what I use it for, the iPad works great. Others will have different needs or expectations so it's really unto each individual to decide whether the iPad will work for them or not

Last edited by a moderator:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I wouldn't say it's useless to everyone, but I've got no use for it. I have no problem carrying around my laptop, and it's powerful enough to do whatever I want it to do. Though there are other reasons I won't buy or use Apple products.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Just get a netbook. They're half the price and many times the utility.

Gerri, you could buy a small Intuos4 to go with said netbook (for less than the iPad still), and do a lot more than concept drawing on the go.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I've used the iPad before and I think it's only really made for a select few people who need the features that it offers (such as powerful 3G and a big screen on the go). Otherwise, it's a waste of money.

So, obviously, I want one. :3

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I have one. I bought and am reading my summer reading for school on it. Other than that its proved to be a good portable media center, and great for vacations when I have Wi-fi available at the hotel.

Overall, its a nice luxury item, but there is no need to buy it really.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I've used it a few times, and while I think its a nice device, I can't see myself lugging one around all of the places. Apple's refusal to let Flash onto iOS really hurts them, and I have a Touch for it.

My Dell Mini 10v Hackintosh with my previous generation Wacom Bamboo tablet works perfectly fine, thankyouverymuch.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well to me having a iPad now is pretty useless. I have no use for it at this time. Now maybe down the road when they have later generations, I might get one. But for right now I don't want one. Even though they are pretty nice for a overgrown iPod Touch. XD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    My thoughts?
    Netbook's cheaper and does more. It's doomed to it's own small niche, especially since it's not exactly pocketable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Ideal for those who don't want to slug a netboook around with them I suppose.
    ?

Laptops were made to be portable, and a netbook of all kinds is even more so; some are smaller even than the iPad itself, and the rest are hardly much bigger. In neither case are netbooks thinner, of course, so are admittedly somewhat heavier, but if people really want convenience to stretch that far, such petty requirements...

I think the iPad's wafer-thin structure is its downfall, it seems like carrying a sheet of glass around; might I suppose that intentional on Apple's part too, have people buy new ones... Otherwise it is nice for people that would prefer a sort of touchscreen over something with buttons, but functionally it is nothing special, no revolution; sorry Jobs, shrink back into your ego.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
    This pretty much sums up the truth:
    iPad: Revolution or just plain useless?

I think the iPad is pretty useless seeing as how it doesn't support flash but in the ads the iPads have flash browsing. Apple got into a lot of hot water for their lies with that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    The iPad is pretty good I guess, more screen space to look see greater amounts of things from websites, as well as reading books and magazines are easier on it.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Its good for somethings but it would might be excellent and jailbreak it, for the n64 emulator xD
    and for all you apple users out there. there is a way to get flash

Rosecross

Computer Wizard
    Years
    I like it, but I have no use for it. I don't see it being wonderful even with the jailbreak.
    But I must admit, it has beaten the market of netbooks a little bit. That's actually sorta surprising.

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
    My friend just bought an ipad and its more or less the same as an iphone. I can do pretty much everything he can on my iphone, I'm waiting for something better than an ipad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back