• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Iris: "What A Kid!"

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    After 7 episodes of Black & White, we have heard this infamous line 13 times, that's right, 13 times.

So what I want to know is, do you still find this line humorous or has it started to get annoying?

And here's all the lines to help refresh your memories.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    It's annoying me, greatly, it's even more annoying than "No Need to Worry" which annoyed me as well -_-

I hope there's a future episode where Iris' does something wrong and Ash say's it. u_u

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I seriously don't know why people are getting so worked up, Misty did it much more. Heck, Misty was even abusive.

Ash should seriously be the one getting annoyed, not us lot. xD

If anything I agree with Iris, he needs to grow up. I think she's even noticed he hasn't aged at all.

Last edited:

Tox

fight me
    Years
    It's starting to get a little sickening alright. I really like Iris' character but I think TPCi could have done a much better job with the writing in general. I don't think their wording works at all. I'm not sure what's the problem exactly but I don't think it fits the situation a lot of the time. 4Kids may have heavily edited the script but I think it worked a lot better. Sometimes staying close to the original can be a bad thing. I think they should have limited it a bit more. Calling him a kid is fine with me but they could alternate it a bit more. Her catchphrase is a headwrecker.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    I find it really annoying! It was okay the first few times because Ash was acting like a noob to be fair, but now she basically just whips this phrase out for no reason most of the time.

I mean, it was alright for Misty to make fun of Ash because back then, he was a kid who was just new to "the world of pokemon" (corny I know) but Ash has been through 4 regional competitions (5 including the Orange Island one plus the battle frontier) so it doesn't seem right that she should keep saying it... I know she probably doesn't know about those but Ash should just tell her and be done with being called a kid.

But on a lighter note, I actually quite like Iris :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I like it =3 And Axew's comments as well. It's so cute <333

But yeah, she say's it different ways and I like it. Iris rules.

Years
    I hate it, I think it's more the screechy tone she says it in though and we also have no reason to believe she is a competent trainer. That being said I quite like her, especially since she has Axew <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    It's starting to get a little sickening alright. I really like Iris' character but I think TPCi could have done a much better job with the writing in general.
    Her catchphrase and other dialogue is the same in the Japanese version.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    It's so irritating. I can't stand it at all. Misty may have told Ash he was a kid and abused him a fair amount of the time- but Misty gave reasons, told Ash why/how he was immature, and wasn't as much of a friggin' hypocrite.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I actually thought it was funny for Iris to call him a little kid because sometimes he does act like a kid, more like a noob in this series but I do have to admit; it does get annoying after awhile but I'm already getting use to it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ^__^ I'm sorry, but as an Iris fan, I freaking enjoy her line.

I just found my new profile video.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I was going to make a thread about this. XD
    This is so annoying. The first time, it was fine, but after that it just got annoying. I mean, could they really only come up with that line? Just bring back Misty, she'd actually have a reason for calling Ash a kid.
    -.-

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Yah to me its annoying, Ash has done so many things by now if she were to know about them. I hope Ash tells her one day about all of the adventures he's been through, or I like the other idea of Ash calling Iris a kid some time in the future LOL.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    After hearing it so many times in the Japanese, and then so many times in the dub, I've basically just started to tune it out. xD;

They get points for at least keeping that quote as part of her character, rather just cutting it out, like Dent's "It's tasting time!", which was totally removed for Cilan. Not that he said it every episode, but you know.. It's something that adds to their characters.

Back