• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is an all-encompassing Pokémon hack possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
Years
  • MIND READER! O_o
    Nah, him and me probably aren't the only one's who've thought of this.
    I had imagined, as well, that ROM space would be an issue (didn't know about things like memory extenders at the time), so my idea was to start from scratch and make it a computer game, with 3D graphics! (WOOT!) But that could take years, unless we hired some pros.

But... should that ever get onto a ROM... I will do everything possible to get it on a cartridge.

Latieon

ULTIMATE Mapper
    Years
  • yes it is possible.But really hard.It can be done by a group if people concentrate on different stuff but work in coordination
    But itll take a real long time.cause soon nintendo will come out with another generation of pokemon.....so the all included hack will never be complete

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2007
    I had a dream not too long ago about a Pokémon hack that included Kanto, the Orange Archipelago, Johto, and Hoenn in a single game. That's 28 badges (42 if you count silver and gold Frontier symbols), three championships, and all 386 Pokémon from the first three generations. Given the state of DS hacking, Sinnoh and the 107 Pokémon that come with it are obviously off-limits for now. I was just curious if it were possible to make a hack like this, since it would obviously take up more data-space than a normal GBA cartridge could hold. Just a pointless question I came up with.

yeah I guess you can and I'll help you if you want

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    hmmm i have no life and lots and lots of time... i belive i MAY undertake this project... will need help of course any one else wants to help say so and when im ready ill contact u....

Because of its neglected status, hacks that focus on the Orange Archipelago have always been my favorites. Unfortunately, I have yet to play a completed hack (one that goes through the battle with Drake). Has any Orange Islands hack ever been finished? I'd like to know, even if it was a hack for the GB/GBC generations.

yes but its on R/B lol

Gradon

Charmander Fan!!!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 17, 2007
    Ahegil, you do realise this will take a long time correct? Anyway, this has intrigued me, and I would like to help with the maps, but it seems, very, big. Hmm, I'll think about this.

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    ok ill do this but it will take at least 3 months for the first Beta as i am going to do it in binary (easyer for me) the Data in the ROM is in binary so this will be the best way (fastest) also this will be for the DS as i am from Japan and i can get a DS Emulater (dont ask inless so are good with command prompts(think MS DOS) and can read japenese) so any questions will be anwsered and johnboy3434 gets full credit for the idea.

Note: the reason i stoped coming on this forum is becuase inmature people get on here just to rip other people apart over stupid stuff so if i get any crap from anybody i WILL NOT finish this project that means no smart remarks about this ether.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    ok ill do this but it will take at least 3 months for the first Beta as i am going to do it in binary (easyer for me) the Data in the ROM is in binary so this will be the best way (fastest) also this will be for the DS as i am from Japan and i can get a DS Emulater (dont ask inless so are good with command prompts(think MS DOS) and can read japenese) so any questions will be anwsered and johnboy3434 gets full credit for the idea.

Note: the reason i stoped coming on this forum is becuase inmature people get on here just to rip other people apart over stupid stuff so if i get any crap from anybody i WILL NOT finish this project that means no smart remarks about this ether.
    Binary? I've never heard of anyone even attempting to do that. I never knew you could hack in binary.

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    i program so it will be the best for me the hacking programs confuse me as they are mostly in german..... not many translated only hack-mew stuff and a few others like basic map editers that cuase massive glitchs in game >_< well odd glitchs at least this way ill will be able to change every thing up to how they gain EVs

amatsu109728

Just an ordinary POKEMON gamer
    Years
  • o my gosh i found the rom expander thing in just a few minutes after i read this thread i just typed it in google but the only problem now is that it is in a .sit file ill post later if it works wooo! yeah!

PocketPika

Quiet Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    once i saw the name of this topic i knew i had to say something: I am half way through making an all encompassing pokemon hack

But, im not sure if ill ever put it on the internet because i started making the hack just for my cousin.

Elementologist

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I'm Sure it's possible to make a hack like that, but to make it easier, you can use only the eight first badges for the hms, and for space - with a-map 1.82 you can resize the size of maps for instance pallet town, and make it two or three cities together.
    Even though there will be even more problems
    1. It Will take alot of time
    2. if you have already beaten the elite four in kanto I don't think you will really enjoy starting again in Johto with low -level pokemon, unless you do what nintendo did with kanto in crystal, that way hoenn would be a real challenge.
    3. You will have to change the town maps or else flying will be like it is in Shiny Gold (From Island to Island).

Man, I would love to see you pull this off.

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
    Years
  • once i saw the name of this topic i knew i had to say something: I am half way through making an all encompassing pokemon hack

But, im not sure if ill ever put it on the internet because i started making the hack just for my cousin.

You should! It sounds awesome!

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    i have

I have already started one i am done hoen and doing jhoto right now then i will do kanto and the orange islands

Harpoon_lips

say whoooaaaT??
    Years
  • Maybe it would be a good idea to get 3 or 4 different teams to make a map each and join them together at the end.

mhm....this would be a really good idea for a giant group hack!! and if cud figure out how 2 hack D/P, we can even use those graphics to map all the regions...and a whole new story line!! OMG!!! I want this so.......bad...it wud be the bomb=]!!

Psychic Nick

Ready to bend to my will?...
    Years
  • Just found a ROM Expander here after a quick look on google. But it wont let me post it untill I have 15 post. What I get for not talking when I have nothing to add I guess. Ill post it on my sig.

Edit: Ok sig didnt appear, check the profile for it, Ill keep it up there till I can come edit this and post the link its self in.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would like to contribute what I can to anybody willing to try. Maybe...

Hm, how about it be a forum-wide Hack? Anybody could contribute to it, once the storyline's set, of course.

Hm... it's a bold idea, that's for sure. I don't think any place has a forum-wide project going on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back