• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Ash a disappointment?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So you disagree with each other, and it doesn't seem like either side will agree with the other in a discussion. That's fine, and it's fine to move on then. Some people come to these threads to discuss and debate what is the best answer or truest opinion, others come to state what they think and perhaps say why they don't agree with the popular opinion. Either way is fine.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
My posts does makes sense. At least to me. Ash was better in hoenn and sinnoh than he was in OS saga, BW saga, Kalos saga and Alola saga in my opinion.

Your posts need to make sense for everyone to understand what you are staying.

I see you like to repeat yourself again and again.

Ash was far more better in the OS, because he shown that he improved for both the Kanto and Johto regions, in Hoenn he didn't improved much at all in this region and in Sinnoh he only developed in this one region without any recall to what he did in the last region, but at least he did make it to the top 4 in the Sinnoh League.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Your posts need to make sense for everyone to understand what you are staying.

I see you like to repeat yourself again and again.

Ash was far more better in the OS, because he shown that he improved for both the Kanto and Johto regions, in Hoenn he didn't improved much at all in this region and in Sinnoh he only developed in this one region without any recall to what he did in the last region, but at least he did make it to the top 4 in the Sinnoh League.
Actually you repeat yourself. I am trying not to and i don't love to. My posts does make sense.

Ash is far better better in Hoenn and Sinnoh than the OS saga in my opinion.

Can you just agree to disagree and move on instead of replying with the same post every time? I don't want to argue.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Actually you repeat yourself. I am trying not to and i don't love to. My posts does make sense.

Can you just agree to disagree and move on instead of replying with the same post every time? I don't want to argue.

You keep repeating your self and your posts don't make sense because you don't have anything to back up what you say.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
You keep repeating your self and your posts don't make sense because you don't have anything to back up what you say.

I don't think i do. It makes sense to me because Ash's last three companions were not helpful to him the way Misty, May and Dawn were. But that is just what i think and is sn opinion. I do back things up in my own way. But lets stay on topic.

Ash has impressed me in Hoenn and Sinnoh. Johto was better than kanto in my opinion because Ash got top 8 which is better than top 16. Unova Ash came out not as good as sinnoh. Kalos Ash landed top 2 but several decisions and writing for the region i was nit impressed with.

Alola i am not too keen. I don't like ash's design and the whole school thing was not what i like. Plus Ash has a bit too many companions.

So Ash is partly good but also partly disappointing in some areas. My view and opinion of course.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019

I don't think i do. It makes sense to me because Ash's last three companions were not helpful to him the way Misty, May and Dawn were. But that is just what i think and is sn opinion. I do back things up in my own way. But lets stay on topic.

Ash has impressed me in Hoenn and Sinnoh. Johto was better than kanto in my opinion because Ash got top 8 which is better than top 16. Unova Ash came out not as good as sinnoh. Kalos Ash landed top 2 but several decisions and writing for the region i was nit impressed with.

Alola i am not too keen. I don't like ash's design and the whole school thing was not what i like. Plus Ash has a bit too many companions.

So Ash is partly good but also partly disappointing in some areas. My view and opinion of course.

You still keep on repeating yourself again. Your posts still doesn't make any kind of sense.

Ash is only a disappointment because he always get reset when ever he starts all over again in a new region. He was handled much better in the OS because he developed and grow in both of those regions Kanto/Johto, instead of one region were he only grow and developed there.

Last edited:

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
How on earth was Misty helpful to Ash as far as his character development was concerned? Even as a huge Misty fan myself, it makes no sense since she constantly belittled Ash, physically hurt him several times, and was just plain condescending to him on some occasions. So to claim that she was more helpful to him than Serena or Lillie is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Misty did give Ash some advice when he was starting out as a Pokemon trainer. Besides the fact she try to toughing him up so he could be ready for anything that cam his way. She was a lot more helpful then May or Dawn or Iris or Serena would have been.

Last edited:

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
Misty did give Ash some advice when he was starting out as a Pokemon trainer.

While slapping him in the process. Twice. What a saint she was. :pink_blankstare:

But I can't understand the thought process behind the whole "Serena, Iris, and Lillie suck compared to Misty" stance that someone mentioned before. If we were comparing their battling prowess only, then I'd agree 100%. But since we were discussing how Ash's gal pals affected him, I still can't see how Misty's irritability and mood swings in early OS are considered better than the effect that Serena's fixation or Lillie's politeness have had on Ash for example. Even if not everyone thinks that Ash being around kind people impacted him positively, I don't think Serena and Lillie have ever hindered Ash's character in any way, yet Alex would have us believe that them breathing ruined Ash's mojo. ~_~

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I just think Misty, May and Dawn are more helpful and i like them the most. However i accept that others had different opinions.

Anyway, in terms of disappointment, Ash had disappointed me in Unova, Kalos and Alola. Ash even disappointed me in Kanto and Johto. His kanto team completely overshadowed his johto team which left all of them unevolved. Ash's Charizard costing Ash the kanto league was the worse bit of writing i have seen in my opinion.

Hoenn and Sinnoh along with Kanto Battle Frontier and Orange Islands were the only ones that truly impressed me. Ash achieved and done well in all of them in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
His Kanto team didn't overshadowed his Johto team, Squirtle and Charizard didn't even stay very long in Johto, they left very early in Johto so they didn't stay very long, as for the Johto team they didn't need to evolve, the writers wanted to show them as small little powerhouses that can battle and win.

I do believe Misty help Ash a lot more, because even though she might have been a little mean to him, she only did it to make him be on his guard.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Another thing about Ash that disappoints me is when he shows good tactics in some places but then does not very good moves in others. Pretty inconsistant in my opinion.

Surely Ash should be able to stick to good tactics and not do things like tell pikachu to use an electric move on Torterra.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Another thing about Ash that disappoints me is when he shows good tactics in some places but then does not very good moves in others. Pretty inconsistant in my opinion.

Surely Ash should be able to stick to good tactics and not do things like tell pikachu to use an electric move on Torterra.

Well thats just bad writing Ash does know better but the writers go and make him do something dumb for the sake of false tension.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
I admire Ash when he comes up with tactics at the last minute using his observational skills, but it's often silly how he's so observant in his battles, yet oblivious to certain things outside of that environment.

Years
Well thats just bad writing Ash does know better but the writers go and make him do something dumb for the sake of false tension.

Bad writing happens in BW, XY and somewhat in SM. When Ash doesn't come up with moves or strategies it is not because of bad writing, it is because he isn't fully talented or a experienced trainer. There is no such thing like perfect Ash.

Last edited:
Back