• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Ash Smart?

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2008
    ash

Ash in the new season like diamond and pear, battle frontier i don't like his new voice that was kind of a downer for the new pokemon series the voice actors should have kept the same person who did Ash's voice in the Indigo League season

Years
  • Um that was Tara Strong lol (me=nerd)

But when you do think about it he befriends every legend and also Pikachu (his one) is a legend but i cant belevie he hasn't relised that's why it's so strong and didn't wont to obey him in the first ever epsiode

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
  • If legendaries control the world why does Brandon have the three regis
    and the factory dude had Articuno.

*OFF TOPIC*
    in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew the Regi's attacked Ash so there must be more than one off each Regi at least and there are more Lugia's.

Well you just contradicted yourself. It doesn't matter if Brandon has them if there are more than one.

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2008
    ash

i think that Ash is pretty stupid he doesn't evolve his pokemon much like his turtwig, he probably won't evolve it till the 200th episode of diamond and pearl season and his aipom he probably won't evolve it either

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    If legendaries control the world why does Brandon have the three regis
    and the factory dude had Articuno.

*OFF TOPIC*
    in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew the Regi's attacked Ash so there must be more than one off each Regi at least and there are more Lugia's.

The 8th movie was before Brandon had all the Regi's. He only just caught Regice and Registeel before Ash rebattled him, so he probably didn't have Regirock for very long before Ash first challenged him. So, they're probably ignoring the whole "catching legendaries destroys the world" thing

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No, they don't forget things. They just can't be bothered sometimes, I think. If they can remember that nurse thing about Jessie in a random Johto filler that they had a flashback to in DP, they can remember anything.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • is Ash smart, you ask?

well, to me, at least, he's a clueless invertabrate with no hope of success.

He never recognizes team rocket, even in some of their worst disguises that anybody with eyes could see through.

he claims he wants to be a master and catch all the pokemon. hmm.... funny, considering as he's not even attempted to catch any of the legendaries. if he doesn't catch them, then he can't "catch 'em all" as he so adequately put it.

I could go on ranting for hours on end, but I have other matters to attend to.

Hissy Fit

Paranoia + Insomnia= Me
    Years
  • His mom was kinda stupid too. >_> Heh, here's an example of Ass Ketchup.

My god! That's what my little sister calls him too! I guess y'all think alike. *remembers her stupid story of how 'Ass' got his name*

Back to the topic... In my opinion, Ash, for the most part, is a very determined and compassionate trainer. His tendency to rush into a situation and or overlook the most basic aspects of battling at times is a rather stupid thing to do. On the other hand he is sometimes capable of coming up with ingenius battle strategies. Oh yeah, and he's completely oblivious to girls...but not all ten year-olds care about stuff like that. (I know I didn't.) I guess you could say that he is both realistic and unrealistic in ways. Not all 'smart' people have to smart in all aspects of the word.

To sum it up, I think that he can be smart at times, but he's no genius.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
  • Lol, really? I thought I made that up. =\

Ash is supposed to be like, some battling prodigy, but I think the makers of the show brought his battle skills a little too far. It doesn't look like skill anymore. It just looks like luck. =\

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Lol, really? I thought I made that up. =\

Well, its not exactly the height of wit :/

Well, the 2 DP gym battles didn't look much like luck. Actually, I don't think Ash has battled many other times in DP...weird haha. That's why I'm looking forward to the tag battles!

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2008
    new

I think the pokemon series needs a new character like Jimmy in pokemon chronicles he was a bawla with his typolsion, Ash is just a reckless idiot trainer who has weak pokemon and doens't evolve them. Ash has been around for too long and If there was a new pokemon main character he shouldn't have people follow him around like: brock, misty,max,may,tracey, and dawn.

And in the pokemon series the characters shouldn't be 10 years old that's really young trainers should be like 14 or 15 years old.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • I think the pokemon series needs a new character like Jimmy in pokemon chronicles he was a bawla with his typolsion, Ash is just a reckless idiot trainer who has weak pokemon and doens't evolve them. Ash has been around for too long and If there was a new pokemon main character he shouldn't have people follow him around like: brock, misty,max,may,tracey, and dawn.

And in the pokemon series the characters shouldn't be 10 years old that's really young trainers should be like 14 or 15 years old.

yeah, i hear ya.

if you ask me, they should ditch all the current characters and move on to someone cooler. Does the name Brendan Birch ring a bell? And Silver. No, not the overly-buff 40-year-old man Silver like in the anime. I mean the red-haired-always-pushes-the-player-around-in-GSC-Silver.

Back