• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it wierd to have a crush on a Pokemon Character?

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
Years
  • Well, it's not very normal to have a crush on a fictional character *One of the many reasons i'm not normal* but it's not uncommon. As long as we don't have pictures or posters of said characters in our bedrooms, we're still sane, well, maybe not everyone, but you get the point.

twigzy

hi,um...what should I say now?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    so you think your weird?

I think its weird but I'm in love with a POKEMON AND NOT A HUMAN!!!!!
    so don't think your a weirdo cause I've got the high score and you can't beat it.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • No, none at all. It is like having a crush on a real live movie star. The chance of you finding them in person is so little that it might as well be fictional. It is when you get fanatical to the point where you have a shrine to them and a life size model of them that is when it is bad.

Ayselipera

I think its fine to find anime attractive because most of it is done to look very life like or sometimes better then real life. I don't develop crushes on any anime work, but I've come to appreciate exceptionally done artwork. Although once when I was about 6 or 7 I had a major crush on Ash, but I was young so I forgive myself. :)

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • (I think Silver's drawing for HGSS is so cute!)

SECONDED. Silver is my favorite rival ever.

On-topic: Yeah, it's okay to think they're cute, but I mean, if you start forgetting about RL, then yeah, that's slightly strange.

Last edited:

jadored

Jay the Peanut Butter Queen.
    Years
  • Well, it's not very normal to have a crush on a fictional character *One of the many reasons i'm not normal* but it's not uncommon.[S-HIGHLIGHT] As long as we don't have pictures or posters of said characters in our bedrooms[/S-HIGHLIGHT], we're still sane, well, maybe not everyone, but you get the point.

I resign my normality here and now.

Its not normal, but common. It would be a little weird if they did something like dress up their BF/GF in a costume and pranced around an anime convention on their arm. But a lot of people these days are weird.

*Goes to shop for a blue wig*

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I don't think it's strange at all. Just so long as you're not going all out with the crush.

When I first got into Pokemon, which would have been around the time that the cartoon was still fairly new in America, I had an obsessively huge crush on James from Team Rocket.
    Although attraction still buzzes in when I see a drawing of him or something (I've long since stopped watching the cartoon), it's nowhere near to the extremity that it was when I was that age. Of course, at that age, I still had a few years to go before I really started caring about being in a relationship. lol

I think all kinds of anime characters are attractive though. :P

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • It's not weird at all! Many people have crushes on anime character, including me (though it used to be a lot worse when I was younger). Even now I still crush on some from time to time (*cough*KurosakiIchigo*cough*). xD;

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • i dont think you so many people have crushes on fictional charters some cartoon and some actors but if you like them you like them just the way it is.

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Haha, it's only wierd if you start becoming possessive about it. My opinion may sound a bit biased due to the fact I have a crush on a pokemon character, but I think it's only wierd if the crush changes your behavior/thinking pattern IRL. Of course "wierd" isn't the perfect word to describe it with, I'd go with "different". Well, I consider myself a sane-fangirl.

♥Roark

Years
  • I don't think it's weird. I used to have a thing for Ash and Gary when I used to watch the anime when I was about 10.

If your really obessive about them then you might have a little problem...

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • I see no problem with it. As long as it doesn't affect you in real life or any relationships you have, it is okay.

Shoot, when I was ten I had a crush on ALL of the female characters from Sailor Moon!

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Well, I see a character in other things and wish they were real so I could date them.
    I don't think it's that strange. However, if you adjust your lifestyle so you are like them or so if they were real they would have a crush on you is a little odd.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Naaaah, it's not weird AT ALL....unless your like me and kinda 'girlish' but still liked Ash Ketchum in your early teen years anyways o-o But...even THAT isn't the weirdest thing EVER....I think lol

Don't reley on me to tell you what's weird and what isn't, okay? XD; ^^

Obsession

Narcotic Empress
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Well, I see a character in other things and wish they were real so I could date them.
    I don't think it's that strange. However, if you adjust your lifestyle so you are like them or so if they were real they would have a crush on you is a little odd.

I wonder who that is... *inside joke*

Seriously, I know what you mean. I remember the early days, I used to like Ash alot but then they had to go and ruin him ;S

Still a Misty fan, once, always, forever. Her and Tracey. Tracey sketches, like me \( ^v^)/

Back