• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Lillie a disappointment?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I don't think so. She hasn't anything in anime. All she has is a newly hatched Vulpix. Lillie doesn't really have a role in the shoe. At least not for me.

Well I think that we need to see what happens in the AF arc

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2019
    I don't think so. She hasn't anything in anime. All she has is a newly hatched Vulpix. Lillie doesn't really have a role in the show. At least not for me.

She's the focus of the current arc. You can no longer deny that she's the main female character and deuteragonist.

Her and Ash are the only "main characters" now, everyone else is a side character.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2019
    In the 20th anniversary they showed all female main characters and in SM they showed Lillie Mallow and Lana.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2019
    In the 20th anniversary they showed all female main characters and in SM they showed Lillie Mallow and Lana.

That was before the Aether arc started. Mallow in particular certainly doesn't qualify as a main female at this point, only Lillie does.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    She's the focus of the current arc. You can no longer deny that she's the main female character and deuteragonist.

Her and Ash are the only "main characters" now, everyone else is a side character.
    Lillie is a side character for me. Mallow and the other are the main characters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2019
    That was before the Aether arc started. Mallow in particular certainly doesn't qualify as a main female at this point, only Lillie does.

Serena was more of a side character in the TF arc, but she was still the main character for the XYZ series. Just because now Lillie is more in the spotlight does not mean the Mallow and Lana are no more main characters. Lillie will be more in the forefront of Aether arc than Mallow and Lana but in the end they are still female main character.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2019
    No it does not. The plot is focused on Ash. Lillie is a side character for me.

431255e63a282cb8d36fcefe0fd9cb6d.jpg

Then why is she at the front of the poster with him while everyone else is in the background? Why is she narrating every episode?

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    431255e63a282cb8d36fcefe0fd9cb6d.jpg

Then why is she at the front of the poster with him while everyone else is in the background? Why is she narrating every episode?
    I don't see how that makes her the focus. But this conversation is going no where. Everyone else can like Lillie while I don't like her. Lets leave at that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    At least Lillie isn't a useless girly coordinator/performer or a boring one type trainer; those "goals" are god awful. I'd rather have a character be involved with the villain and story plot instead of being put in either of those 2 categories yet again

Hey, if you ask me, having them being one-type trainers works better. For one thing, they actually ARE at least focusing on the goal in question from the games (it's actually possible to beat the league with just a single type). Besides, personally, I thought the one-type goals were far better explained than Ash's goal (sorry, but when it's been 20 years and they STILL haven't given a satisfactory explanation for his goal, they have serious problems on their hands).

But hey, I'll agree with you on one thing: At least Lillie's not a coordinator.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2019
    I don't see how that makes her the focus. But this conversation is going no where. Everyone else can like Lillie while I don't like her. Lets leave at that.

This isn't about you liking her or not, it's about the fact that she's the main female character. Which isn't a matter of opinion, it's a fact that the plot is currently focused on her.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    This isn't about you liking her or not, it's about the fact that she's the main female character. Which isn't a matter of opinion, it's a fact that the plot is currently focused on her.
    No she really isn't. The plot is not about her. I am not changing my mind on this. The show is primary about Ash. That is a fact.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    No she really isn't. The plot is not about her. I am not changing my mind on this. The show is primary about Ash. That is a fact.

But the Arc is on both Ash and Lillie. And don't say this is a fact when its not. And if thats the case then why was the TF Arc on both Ash and Alain?

Years
  • By the way. Lillie is still not the main female character. She will probably be soon judging by the episode titles and a poster but she is still the same with others.

Back