• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Lillie a disappointment?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Lmao what?
    Misty, May, and Dawn aren't even great battlers, Lillie has shown more potential in her battling skills so far, plus Misty was even more of a "background" character than Lillie is lol. They wouldn't have a much better chance of saving Ash as Lillie has.

As Kostas said, we saw far more of their battles than we have of Lillie's, so we can definitely say Misty's a better battler from what we've seen (heck, even May and Dawn are better at that, and they don't even do trainer battles).

Also, Misty's practically the reason that Ash is even alive and doing his journey. And for the record, she's definitely a great battler, as well. Wouldn't have gotten as high as she did in the Whirl Cup or the Princess Festival had she truly been a bad battler like JJM. Now, May and Dawn, I won't say anything on that front.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • As Kostas said, we saw far more of their battles than we have of Lillie's, so we can definitely say Misty's a better battler from what we've seen (heck, even May and Dawn are better at that, and they don't even do trainer battles).

Also, Misty's practically the reason that Ash is even alive and doing his journey. And for the record, she's definitely a great battler, as well. Wouldn't have gotten as high as she did in the Whirl Cup or the Princess Festival had she truly been a bad battler like JJM. Now, May and Dawn, I won't say anything on that front.

Not to mention, Misty is a Gym Leader even if it is a rotation of sorts with her sisters and all.

I do feel like Lillie has the potential to surpass them all by the end of SM but as of now, she is still a total beginner. I'm looking forward to seeing how she progresses.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Lmao what?
    Misty, May, and Dawn aren't even great battlers, Lillie has shown more potential in her battling skills so far, plus Misty was even more of a "background" character than Lillie is lol. They wouldn't have a much better chance of saving Ash as Lillie has.
    That is false. Misty, May and Dawn are superior in every way.

You don't have any facts that Lillie not a MC so I reject your insult and how about you look it up because I bet it says that Lillie a MC.
    I do have facts. Look them up. I have not insulted you so stop lying. You insulted me by calling me a troll. You look it up. It clearly says Lillie is not a main character.

Leave me alone. There are others users to talk to.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    That could have been edited by anyone. I don't trust that one bit. Even if it was true, i will never consider lillie to be the main character.

Why are we still arguing about this?

Its a fact that Lillie a MC and with the new eps coming out shes going to have a lot of focus why can't you see this.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Its a fact that Lillie a MC and with the new eps coming out shes going to have a lot of focus why can't you see this.
    I just don't buy. You are welcome to believe that she is but i can't. I am sorry but that is how i feel. I respect your opinion if you respect mine.

The only thing I've seen thus far here is someone provoking others by disagreeing with them and yet when others reply him back stating WHY they have their own opinions, he shoots back by saying others are being disrespectful towards his opinions and that everyone should agree to disagree... what?
    No one is provoking anyone. People are being disrespectful for calling me names.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I just don't buy. You are welcome to believe that she is but i can't. I am sorry but that is how i feel. I respect your opinion if you respect mine.

No one is provoking anyone. People are being disrespectful for calling me names.

No one is calling you names and in some ways your being disrespectful

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    No one is calling you names and in some ways your being disrespectful

People calling me troll and Paul fanboy says otherwise. As far as i am aware, i never insulted or disrespected anyone.

You all have different opinions to mine and i have a different opinion to others. Can we accept that and move on?

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    People calling me troll and Paul fanboy says otherwise. As far as i am aware, i never insulted or disrespected anyone.

You all have different opinions to mine and i have a different opinion to others. Can we accept that and move on?

Ok for the Paul fanboy thing you said that Paul can beat XY Ash with only one pokemon so that doesn't help your case.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Ok for the Paul fanboy thing you said that Paul can beat XY Ash with only one pokemon so that doesn't help your case.
    Just because i think Paul can beat XY Ash, it does not make me a fanboy of him. I don't like being labelled. Maybe one pokemon was a stretch but it was my opinion that Paul was stronger.

Anyway, people are free to like Lillie. But i just can't jump on the bandwagon for this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2017
    Seeing as within the next three episodes two are mostly focused on Lillie again and her back story, how could she not be a MC. Apart from that she's so interesting right now, in fact she was interesting to me from the beginning. She is something fresh again in similar vein to what Serena was to me. We're able to see more than one side to her, we see her fears, her fighting said fears while also slowly revealing the mysteries behind her trauma. It's highly appealing to me.

Years
  • It's obvious you guys can't do a discussion about anything. Things are clear for me now and I'm closing this. Just to let you know the next time I'll give infractions

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Aight spoke to Kostas, gonna re-open this on the grounds that we move on from the discussion of whether or not Lillie is a main character.

Please remember to be civil, sometimes it's best to just agree to disagree if things aren't going anywhere. If this thread gets detailed again or people aren't being civil, we'll shut it again and may give official warnings or infractions if people are particularly uncivil or breaking any of the rules.

Any questions shoot either Kostas or myself a PM!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Aight spoke to Kostas, gonna re-open this on the grounds that we move on from the discussion of whether or not Lillie is a main character.

Please remember to be civil, sometimes it's best to just agree to disagree if things aren't going anywhere. If this thread gets detailed again or people aren't being civil, we'll shut it again and may give official warnings or infractions if people are particularly uncivil or breaking any of the rules.

Any questions shoot either Kostas or myself a PM!

I go away for a few days and a topic I started devolves into a mudslinging contest. I even mentioned awhile back that this topic was created prior to Episode 44 or when Lusamine and Aether Foundation were first introduced. Being that its been several weeks, Lillie has quietly undergone a metamorphosis that is still ongoing with Episodes 47 and 48 still to air(47 airs soon too). Needless to say what may have been a disappointment can change in a matter of Episodes and I said so back when I first started this thread.

Is Lillie a disappointment to me now? Not like she was when I first started this topic because her attitude in Episode 44 finally showed some sense of a personality or issues with her own Mother. As they delve further into her character background, the more pivotal of a character she becomes and a character I was hoping she would be from the get-go(only took them 44 Episodes...).

Heck if this Aether Arc turns out to be as good as I think it will be, it might cause me to reconsider the Sun and Moon Franchise as a whole with respect to the other Pokemon series/regions.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Lillie has always been an main character since SM anime started, she been getting character development since she became a pokemon trainer. SM episode 44 shown that she does have a great deal of personality and she also have some mom issues aswell. The only females characters that were disappointments were both May and Dawn, they didn't have any good character development in the anime.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    At first I was really dissapoininted at Lillie, she was so passive and boring. Now I'm VERY pleased with her in the recent episodes. Keep going like that

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Lillie never a disappointment, the writers were just taking their time developing her character and she has been getting really great character development since the SM anime started. She a lot more better handled then May and Dawn were in the anime, and i hope the writers don't screw her character development up.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    May and Dawn were handled great and professionally. If they handle Lillie as the same as them then she would have been a good character in both games and anime.

Sadly she was made into a scared person who has a barely trained Vulpix (no pokemon in games) and is barely seen from my view.

Unless they step it up with Lillie, she would be doomed to be as bad as Serena and Iris. I hope they make the female characters good again like Misty, May and Dawn.

Last edited:
    Back