• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokémon Getting Too Tedious?

Is Pokémon tedious?

• Total voters

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
You know what a fresh concept would be? A Pokémon MMORPG. It would have anime-style battles,a Pokémon League tournament, and a Grand Festival.

The problem with this working is that although the pokemon fanbase is rather large, the majority of it is little kids. MMORPG's require a monthly fee, tend to be a bit too complicated for most young kids, expensive to maintain, and I highly doubt most parents would be willing to pay for their young kids to play a game that is of a highly addicting genre.

Years
I would like to mention here that this thread only concerns games such as Red, Blue, Stadium, Gale of Darkness, Diamond, and Battle Revolution. It does not concern Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Snap, or anything else.

Please keep your thoughts limited to these games.

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years
I don't think the series is getting tedious, I just don't want the Pokedex count to get any LONGER! D:

If Nintendo wants to add more of the dang things, maybe include more "sub-species" of a sort?
We have shinies, Spinda's multiple spot patterns, gender differences, region area differences like Shellos... more of things like that would be fine.

But to catch 497 of them? Sounds like it would take 400 hours of gameplay. I think if Acerus is meant to be the creator of existence, maybe that's to be the very last entry in the Pokedex? (Unless they just move him down with the introduction of more. D: )

Maybe more varied storyline would be good, by that I mean you don't have to end the main game by completing the Pokemon league, but also through contests, breeding (maybe even being able to set up a daycare to earn cash), or other expanded versions of current side quests.

(wow I haven't been here in AGES)

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
The problem with this working is that although the pokemon fanbase is rather large, the majority of it is little kids. MMORPG's require a monthly fee, tend to be a bit too complicated for most young kids, expensive to maintain, and I highly doubt most parents would be willing to pay for their young kids to play a game that is of a highly addicting genre.

Someone clearly hasn't seen the amount of twelve year olds that play WoW.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
pokemon has been 'pokemon' ever since it came...
the anime had the same story, so as the game... -_-

it's getting quite boring, however, the new pokemon and the new 'styles' makes me forget how boring it repeats all over again... :\

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Yep, it's getting somewhat boring...
the same thing over and over again...
Well, ithere should be many more better stuff in the future.

Hazuki

delenda est.
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
I think it would be cool if they changed the storyline, like a lot, a lot. Kinda like they did for the Yu-gi-oh series. But, it would ruin it if there were no more Pokemon. If it was called Pokemon, with no Pokemon, then what's the point? But yeah, I think they should have changed the storyline a little more. Who knows? Maybe they'll make an anime of Colloseum and XD.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2008
It eventually becomes the same thing over and over again, but what can you do about it. You either buy the game or just ignore it. They could use a facelift, but I'm not sure what would be something that could be new excitement or perspective. Hmm..maybe they should make a GTA: Pokemon, where you can truely do whatever you feel like!

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
It's taken some people 10 years to find out they've been buying the same game over and over again? XD

At least I know I'm doing it.

Back