• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokemon dying out?

Is pokemon dying out?

• Yes

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Dont know

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    (It hasn't died here. I went to the guestbook at Chuangyi and 3 new guestbook entries are there enquiring on when the next volume of Pokemon Adventures will be released, even when 13 had just been released.)
    I think that Pokemon was being overlooked at by everyone, but being kept well alive as a small flame within Pokemon Fans like us.

NICK: I discuss about Pokemon with my best friend, who likes Pokemon too. But I am not interested in the Anime, unlike her. No choice here uu;;

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
    Nick, were the old timepokemon fans though, Noone in their right mind is going to ask evreyone if they saw the mess up in Mays voice or what not last night because Pokemon is targeting younger populas.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    Go to the FR/LG threads for that one dude..

Get on topic here..,
    At some places pokemon fades away for the kids that half like the game.. but for the true fans like me pokemon never dies!!! *evil laugh* ;)

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
    Pokemons not dead yet. Pokemon won't die for a LOoooooong time. But it is 'signifigantly fading'. It will always have fans of coarse. 'Quincy', still has fans.
    But It is definatly fading. I play the games, I buy a pack of cards here and there jsut cause (not to battle) and watch the show, but back in thu'day, I woke up spoke pokemon! Went to sleep thinking pokemon! and all day did pokemon something! it's definatly a different time. I'm not 11 any more, I have annoying teenage/adult junk I gotta worry about, so poor pokemons been lowered on teh priorty scale a bit.

Purple Insanity

Teh one and only!
    Years
    Anime world-Yes
    Game world-No, well, sorta

=/ In the anime world, it's getting dimmer and dimmer probably each episode. There's not plot anymore, and 4kids dubbs more horriblely than they did before. The games, though, are just doing OK, but not as good as before. What's next after FR/LG? A remake of Johto after that? People need to realize Pokemon isnt what it used to be. Until they change it a little bit, it wont be as popular. =P This is all IMO of course, so dont go flaming me about it.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    FR LG have done pretty well in Japan. All they really are is a way to get the old Pok?mon + use the tutors, but it?s a pretty way to do so. :3

Mystical Mewtwo

Or MM2 for lazy typers
    Years
    Yes and no. Going down, certanally. Death is a strong word. There are to many fanatics like us to keep PKM alive for it to die. But, by 2010, when im sure the Wise members will leave, the sight will go down too.

(The wise, by the way, is what i call all the really old PC members)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    it had better not be! or i might... do something regretable... i don't think it's dying out... i think ruby/sapphire harshed it a little bit, but the spec. editions in sept. will more than make up for it. and now that the cards and tv show aren't as popular.. i have a feeling that it may become more about the games. which would be great.

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
    Well Pok?mon will never completly die out I don't think, I mean there are fans who've been fans from the begining and people who are just getting into it now.

The popularity obviosuly did fade, it went through it's "fad" phase where it was cool amongst most little kids to like the show, but most obviosuly got bored and moved onto the next fad, it's the way it goes and yes after all that it was harder and harder to find Pok?mon Merchandise...and to me that meant the popularity had gone drasticlly down from what it was...
    ....but the other day I walked into a Toys R Us store and it had a HUGE section of toys just dedicated to Pok?mon Advanced so I think it may of picked up again but it will never be the fad it once was (*Huggles the Chibi Treecko, Mudip and Torchic plushies she bought from the Toys R Us store*)
    I'm such a big kid XD

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    what does huggles mean? but other than that i agree! pokemon is third to god and power rangers! *so cool*

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2005
    Heck No!!!
    That Will Never Happen In A Million Years!!!
    :paranoid:
    POKEMON WILL NEVER DIE-OUT, I HOPE!!! :\

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
    Years
    I've seen a lot of people moving to liking Beyblade and Duel Masters also
    Shaman King, all of that sounds like they got the idea from Pokemon, having to have a master or someone to own them and they go for a battle (similar to pokemon.) I don't think many that people like pokemon anymore since a
    lot of series are more likely to be similar to Pokemon. There's a couple of people that still likes Pokemon, but not that much as before. I'm thinking majority of people have gotten mainly tired of seeing the same ideas.
    Though, I still like Pokemon... ^_^

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Too-Angel said:
    I've seen a lot of people moving to liking Beyblade and Duel Masters also
    Shaman King, all of that sounds like they got the idea from Pokemon, having to have a master or someone to own them and they go for a battle (similar to pokemon.) I don't think many that people like pokemon anymore since a
    lot of series are more likely to be similar to Pokemon. There's a couple of people that still likes Pokemon, but not that much as before. I'm thinking majority of people have gotten mainly tired of seeing the same ideas.
    Though, I still like Pokemon... ^_^
    Yep, I think... new card-dueling TV shows like Yu-Gi-Oh are showing now too, wonder how Yu-Gi-Oh's doing. :\ I think Pokemon is doing alright, seeing as there's usually 50+ members on during the day here at PokeCommunity forums...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    They?re going to have a huge Yugioh tournament that Kid?sWB! is sending people to. So I guess it?s fairing well. @_@

Back