• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Team Rockets Meowth the ...

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Is Team Rockets Meowth the rarest Pokemon of all time?
    Meowth its self as a Pokemon are weak, they stay in groups, and generally thiefs.
    So what I was wondering is, could any Pokemon learn to speak or is Team Rockets Meowth the smartest / rarest pokemon.

Since a meowth learned to do it could.... Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander all of those must be able to learn to speak to humans if Meowth can.

What do you think? Can all pokemon learn to speak or is Meowth the smartest of all?

Just on a side note I think that team rockets meowth is very very smart, it can speak, operate machines, order humans around, and can even use its intellect to beat an onix by throwing water on it with out a trainer to tell it so. I would love a Pokemon like that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's secretly a little man in a suit.

Also don't try and apply Pokémon logic to the cartoon because the writers certainly don't.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Slowking can talk as well....and what mega shock said is true.

don't try to understand Team rocket's meowth. lmao

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2011
    Im not gonna lie I lol'd at this cuz because personally I always thought team rockets meowth was kinda dumb! :P His plans never work

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Well if you want to bring logic into this then it would be impossible for Mewoth to speak. Not because its not intelligent, but because it most likely would lack the proper setup of vocal cords needed to produce speech. But, for the benefit of the doubt, let's just say that every Pokemon has the proper internal workings to produce speech. In that case, why don't all of, or most of, the captured Alazakam speak. They have an IQ of 9001 or 5000 or something like that, and if they have the proper internal workings to speak, they should be able to learn English, or any other language, in like two seconds.

For that matter, all Pokemon, or at least most, probably do have the ability to speak to humans. (More like the potential, actually.) As it is proven that Pokemon have the intellect, as apparently Pokemon have a universal language that all Pokemon can speak despite the fact that each Pokemon probably has its own way of saying every word, so how they understand other species I will never know. And they should have the proper internal organs, as their names aren't average (or made-up) animal noises, but actual groups of characters that sound like words. (Which doesn't make sense, but I will keep a suspension of disbelief. I guess the people are pretty lucky that it just so happens that the only sound a Pokemon can make is a word that usually relates to what it is, what type it is, ect.) And considering how every captured Pokemon can understand people, technically, every captured Pokemon should be able to talk to people. As it is proven that they have both the intelligence and apparently internal workings to do so.

The simple answer here would be: It makes no sense.

(Plus there is no way Mewoth is the smartest Pokemon ever. If it was, it would at least have an IQ of 5001, at absolute least. And considering how well its plans usually work, I don't think that's the case.)

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    Parrots can speak and they aren't the smartest animals so I don't see why Meowth would be smart.

Years
    He learned to speak because he wanted to impress a female Meowth, but got rejected. Then it became a member of Team Rocket. He spent like 3 months or so on it, but it's not logical that a Pokemon can speak (other than Chatot).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I don't consider TR's Meowth a rare Pokemon. There are other Pokemon that can talk such as that one Slowking in Pokemon: The Movie 2000. It takes a smart Pokemon to teach itself how to talk.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    TR's Meowth isn't the rarest Pokemon out there, but it's the rarest among its kind (it's the only Meowth to date who can actually speak).

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Pokemons who can speak (including Meowth and all mentioned), I always think of them as perfect IV'ed pokemons. Well thats the way I thought about them.

Back