• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is the first starter you picked your favorite?

Years
  • I'll be honest, I don't remember what starter I originally picked in Gold. Pretty sure it was either Cyndaquil or Totodile, but neither of those are even in my top 10 favorite starter Pokemon.

Sapphire was the first game that I received that wasn't pre-owned, and I picked Treecko, which is still my favorite to date.

Years
  • First starter I ever picked was Bulbasaur and I think it is my second favorite. Blaziken will probably always be my favorite starter but Venusaur and Rillaboom aren't very far behind.

Years
  • My first starter was Chikorita in Crystal, I prefer to choose either Totodile or Cyndaquil when playing Johto games. Chikorita is cute, but it's not one of my favorite starters.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    As a Genwunner my first was squirtle. Still my favorite but interestingly my favorite fully evolved is Blaziken.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Nnnnope! My first starter was Torchic, but it's not even my favourite Hoenn starter - that distinction goes to Mudkip and its line.

My actual favourite starter is Cyndaquil, even more so now that it has an alternative final evolution of my favourite type.

I also started with Torchic but switched allegiance to Mudkip! I actually dig Sceptile's design but have never used it.

My favourite overall starter is Piplup - my second first starter, as Diamond was my second game - with Cyndaquil rising back up the ranks due to how its presented in Legends. But Piplup will always have the title!

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • Serperior was my very first pokemon ever in-game, and yes, it IS my favorite...

Of the starters. It's slowly becoming a favorite Pokemon of mine, though. Top 3 for sure.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    My first starter was Mudkip, back in Ruby/Emerald. and even though i had some fun using it, i think my top for Hoenn its probably Treecko now (i can blame it on the Mystery Dungeon games and its mega on ORAS)

My favorite overall is probably Scorbunny, WIth Fennekin coming on second and Totodile coming in third.

bez850

Professional Amateur
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    My very first starter ever was Cyndaquil, and to this day, I'd take Typhlosion over any other any day!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    For me, yes. Picked Mudkip and it's still my favorite, though Rowlet came very close to dethroning it :P

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I tend to use my starting Pokémon a lot so yes my starting Pokémon is my favorite

Back