• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is the glass half empty, or half full?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    How do you view the glass? In other words, are you more of a pessimist or an optimist?

I see myself as more of an optimist. I try and find the good in all situations, and I try to stay happy even when times are at its worst.

When things hit rock bottom, do you try to keep a smile, or do you surrender and call it hopeless? How do you view your glass?

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    Half-empty. That means I always look for the top and give room for self-improvement. =p

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    Well, I'm in the middle, but I lean towards pessimist. By the way, it depends on what I did to the glass. If I was pouring it out, or drinking it, I would view it as half empty. If I was pouring something into the glass, it would be half full. (Just thought I'd tell you that.)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'm a very optimistic person. I tend to only see through a positive window, and I try to. If something goes wrong, say I make an embarrassing moment, I'll go "Hey live and learn, wont make it next time"... or something to clean up the situation in a good way.

I just have a positive outlook on life.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My thoughts are normally optimistic, but I may act pessimistic about situations... so, yeah.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I guess you could put me as leaning more towards pessimism considering how cynical I can be, but I can be idealistic and somewhat optimistic at times. I at least try to look for the good and bad in everything, since people who are overly positive or overly negative about everything tend to get on my nerves. :>

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Mm, I'd have to go with half full. While I do try to be realistic most of the time, I think that everyone in my family would agree that I'm usually the cheerful mediator in any situation. Maybe it's because I'm still quite innocent and almost childish to a point, or just... always off in my own little world? But I definitely see things in a different light than most people I know.

Of course, I do have my bad days like everyone else, but since I'm quiet and have a tendency to keep my feelings to myself, you probably wouldn't be able to tell. :x

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Most people say that I look at the glass as half empty and while that's true everyonce in a while I prefer to look at it the glass half full view. it makes things seem almost better when things do go wrong and I don't feel as bad.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Half Empty and Half Full can be easily compared to being optimism and pessimistic.

Half Full would represent optimism while Half Empty would represent pessimistic.

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I'd love to be an optimist, but I have to admit I lean toward pessimism. I figure you're only bound for disappointment if you're optimistic about everything and think that everything's going to be just fine, whereas if you're pessimistic about something you're pleasantly surprised if it goes right, and not too surprised/disappointed if it backfires.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    I'm usually optimistic.. but when I'm feeling down, you can see me "trying" to smile but you won't see a smile..

But I rarely feel down, which is a good thing. ^^

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I am not really an optimistic person. I learned that from past experiences. I'm usually a negative person when things go down and go up front and quit. I try not be like that though. I dunno if people see me optimistic on PC though. o.o'

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It depends on the contents of the glass ;)
    What I mean is that some things just cannot be looked upon optimistically, while other situations have some posetive outlook.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    PSSH That cup's six tenths the way full. Luzrs.

I'm in no way pessimistic. Sure I consider the possibility of failure, but everyone does that. Optimism ftw \o/
    Geez if I posted here 3 years ago I'd say pessimism ftw... Stupid 7th grade years ;-;

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    It's rare for me to just be either half-full or half-empty. Things are extreme with me it depends on my mood and situation, it's either totally empty or totally full

But it is always totally-empty on Tuesdays at 12:05 - 12:45.

Last edited:
    Back