• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is trading before Red cheating????

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
Years
  • hi,
    my friend alex and his brother finished pokemon diamond and then traded online for loads of lvl 100s. as soon as they got heartgold, they caught 6 pokemon and traded lvl 100s onto hg. i say they havnt really done the game and have cheated becasue they didnt put any effort in and just whizzed through the game. They say its all fair and wehn we battle they win, because i have a lvl 50s and a lvl 80 salamence and alakazam and they habe the darkrais, arceus and rayqauza's,ect. Would you ever do this or do you consider this cheating???

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • hi,
    my friend alex and his brother finished pokemon diamond and then traded online for loads of lvl 100s. as soon as they got heartgold, they caught 6 pokemon and traded lvl 100s onto hg. i say they havnt really done the game and have cheated becasue they didnt put any effort in and just whizzed through the game. They say its all fair and wehn we battle they win, because i have a lvl 50s and a lvl 80 salamence and alakazam and they habe the darkrais, arceus and rayqauza's,ect. Would you ever do this or do you consider this cheating???

I don't as long as they aren't hacked, it's fine

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I probably wouldn't do it, but if that's the way you want to play, it's fine! ^_^ And no it's not cheating, it's just trading! =)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wouldn't call this cheating at all. It's just a way to beat Red more easily, though I'd rather use my in-game team to beat Red.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    It's not cheating at all. You can be sure that tons of people have done that as well. Hell, I'm considering beating Diamond again by trading all my SoulSilver pokemon over because I trained them much more than I did my Diamond party. I hated the Gen IV dex so lol.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
  • It's not cheating unless the pokémon are hacked, but it's just not fun at all.

I mean, what's the fun of not-playing a game? o.Ô

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I personally wouldn't do it, because I'd rather play the game my way, and that's finish the game with only Pokemon from that game as my team. However, people can do whatever they'd like to do, really. :U

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I wouldn't have done that.
    Its like you didn't even go through the game with your own Pokemon.

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    isnt cheating but shame on you for trading your level 100's to another game so you can beat red.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    It isn't cheating because you got the Pokémon legitimately (or at least as legitimately as one can get over the GTS), but it sure doesn't look good.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
  • As many people have said, it's not technically cheating, though if I did the same thing I'd feel like I had cheated myself.

I haven't gone into Kanto much so I still have a little way to go, I'm currently staying in the Jhoto region finding out about this EV training business. I think it'll be safe to say when I do encounter Red, his face will match his name in embarrassment.

Back