• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Wishiwashi any good?

Years
  • Other than when it swarms into a bigger Pokemon, is it any good by itself, or is it just a pokemon to catch for the Pokedex entry and nothing else.

Years
  • Wishiwashi School Form is actually nothing to sneeze at in terms of stats, it has high stats in everything except HP and Speed, complete with its BST being 630 which is higher than even pseudo-legendaries. Be warned that Wishiwashi reverts to Solo Form when it hits 25% HP, and Solo Form's stats are as worse as Sunkern.

But if you like the strength of the School Form, then go for it!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • My School Form Wishiwashi single-handedly beat an entire trial while being on-par with the level of the trial. Its really good in my opinion- as long as you keep its health high.

Smash Brony

Cool Dude
    Years
  • There is a reason I named my Wishiwashi "Warhead"... & I didn't even had to use the solo form, just used some Rare Candies to level her up to 20 & she was ready to destroy!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Wishiwashi's base form has a base stat total of 175, absolutely horrible...

School form however it's base stat total jump to a whopping 620... all of those stats go to his Atk now 140, Sp Atk now 140, def 130, Sp Def 135.

For comparison Wishiwashi's school form has a higher base stat total than Mega Gardevior/Gallade Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Ampharos, and Mega Steelix. And only 5 points shy of mega Lucario and Mega Venosoar.

TL:DR Wishiwashi school form is a monster...

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • As everyone else said, it's school form is amazing. One of the best new Pokémon introduced. However it's solo-form is complete garbage, so if you drop
    Below 50% HP you're as good as dead. Yeah you can spam HP Regen on it to have it revert to school form, but it's very inefficient to do so.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I love Wishiwashi. It's a beast in it's School Form.

But I find it inconvenient to heal it back to full health after it's turned Solo; Because it takes a turn for it to turn back School Form, and even with full health, the Solo's stat is immediately lowered to close to zero by just a single attack.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • If you want to use competitively try Assault Vest on a Relaxed Wishiwashi with 252 EV's on both HP and Def. To maximize its bulk... you don't really need to invest much on it's offensive stats, since it's going to hit like a truck either way (It's a great mixed attacker 140 on both offensive stats), doubles try partnering it up with Oranguru with Trick Room... Then watch them drown with a 2x 140 base stab surf on trick room.

Back