• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is your 'Online' Personality different to IRL?

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
    Nah. I try to keep it the same. Give people the same vibe so if you were to meet me IRL somehow, you'd already know how I'd be. :P

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I find it a lot easier to be myself online; I'm a pretty shy person IRL around people I don't know, but once I become comfortable with someone, I let my guard down and freak 'em out with my craziness. XD

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I am the same really, except I find things a lot easier to say online xD. My personality is the same but I think I feel more comfortable talking online. Defiantly different here because I can be open about my interest for Pokemon.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    i dont really know
    i think my online personality is the same as my real life personality well except that im not a hedgehog, im nothing like mega man, its not 200x, and i dont have a girlfriend.
    those are all of the online things that dont exsist
    here is what is true though:
    i am very good at gh3and4, great at ssbb, i do draw good, and i do listen to a lot of music

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm exactly the same. I've been asking myself this for a couple of weeks and I can't find one difference anymore.

If you're not the same online, it feels to me as if you're re-inventing yourself, and I don't think that's a hip-hop idea, yo.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    im not that different

i really am a naive person wat i say gets me in trouble alot and i admit it im pretty ignorant wen it comes to saying the right thing. and jst like online wen i say something bad or make someone mad i have to apoligize alot jst to not feel guilty

im kinda of a bad girl on line but in the real world im really a good girl
    i behave, and do wat im told.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    I am blatantly honest to everyone. On and offline.
    I am a HUGE hockey fan. On and offline.
    I don't hide who I am. On and offline.
    I am the same. On and offline.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I'm more of a ditz offline, since I don't exactly think before I say anything. Other than that, I believe that I'm very much the same person. Perhaps more open to some extent, since none of you know me personally and all. xD

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Oh, HELL. FRIGGIN'. YEAH!

Trust me, if you knew me in real life, you would see my personality change from nice and out going (on the internet) to all serious and teenager-like. (in real life). I have a huge personality difference between the two. Mainly because in real life, I can't get my face to look like → :3.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'd like to say a vast change, but in all honesty, I'm only a bit nicer and less onerous to be around.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    No, I'm exactly the same, seriously. 8|; Lol I even just asked a few people I've met offline to be sure and the answer was a resounding "yeah you're the same".

I think I used to be more outgoing on the net than in real life but... I guess I changed or something. I'm pretty reserved at first both online and offline but I open up fairly easily.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I also have speech problems aswell. I cant explain very well, I can on the internet, texting, anything like that but when I speak it, it becomes all jumbled.
    Oh yes, that's so me. I can never explain anything.

I'm pretty much the same except offline I'm more shy and only act goofy and wild around family and close friends.
    Mmhmm, that's exactly me.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    I'm more calm on here, but I am kind of nearly the same in real-life and on here.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I'm a lot more outgoing online, but my wackiness remains the same. Furrets with flamethrowers ftw!

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    There are some similarities, but there are significantly more differences. I'll just leave it at that.

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
    Surprisingly I'm the same as I am online to when I'm in real life. A part from someone said I'm more of a jerk online... XD they just didn't know the real real life me. :P

I think I'm slightly more outgoing, and I feel more comfortable because online there are plenty of people to discuss anime with where as in real life I have about 4 people to do that with? One of which is my ex boyfriend so not fun timez DX!

And yes... in real life i do say 'Timez' or 'Shmexy'. The only thing that I type that I don't say is 'XD'.... and even that I occasionally say it :P

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Online I am more apt to speak my mind and curse. Though while offline I will usually use sarcasm/jokes to convey my opinions. I'm also incredibly shy in real life.

Back