• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    This is definitely amazing, and I'm glad that they're finally killing third games. Hype is real right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    Thrilled about some of the new forms for older pokemon. Not a huge fan of the CrownTundra legendary though

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    So that's the reason why I saw some news regarding Sword/Shield's "In-Game Purchase" on the eShop months back. Even though I'm still unsure if I should get the Expansion Pack for now (because it's paid rather than free pack like in Kirby Star Allies), but at least they want to add some new 'mons to the game. Maybe this will be their way to replace the third version approach?

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Not really sure how to feel about this, honestly.

I still think they should've taken their time in making a complete game in the first place, because getting actual postgame for $30, well... sucks. They basically sold you an incomplete game for full price and still want you to pay to actually complete it

On the good hand though, story dlc is way better than making another game that's more of the last game but with 10% more postgame. And I hope this is the first and last time they give story dlc and start making complete games already.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I've been reading that if you have both versions you'll have to buy the DLC twice. I really hope that's not the case because yikes.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    The DLC includes both parts, so yes, you'll have access to both of the islands when they release.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Everyone who freaked out about the lack of national dex can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

Years
    Wow, I'm really happy about this! What was shown looks great and more old Pokémon being added is very nice.

I'm thrilled that this is DLC. I've never bought a third version - I think that's like buying a new house in addition to the one you have just because the new one has a balcony. Now you can just remodel your existing house to include a balcony. Finally, we who have a game from the first pair won't be shunned and pushed aside like in the days of Black and White, when they cut me off from Mystery Gift giveaways when Black and White 2 came along.

All in all, I might consider getting this.

Also, did anyone else see Regielectricity and Regidragon (?!) in that preview?

Last edited:
    Back