• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Isn't Going Into Someone's House in the Pokemon Games a Little......Weird?

Years
  • Really.
    In real life, I couldn't just waltz into someones house that I don't even know and NOT get kicked out.
    I find it very awkward. Don't you?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • While we're at it...

It's weird that a ten year old child is allowed out on his/her own in the first place.
    AND
    It's weird that said ten year old child doesn't have to eat, sleep or use the bathroom at any point.

The world of Pokemon is a very weird place...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There's a very easy explanation to this. It's a game.

If you had to eat, sleep and poop in real time in the games, they just wouldn't be as interesting to play.

Scratch that by the way. They sure would be interesting... but the patience needed for it, oh the patience.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Now that you mention it,it does seem a little awkward. But that's the virtual-ness of the Poke'mon World. :D

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
  • Well I think pokemon games and the anime takes place in a time where everyone is pretty friendly to each other kind of like the whole world is just a huge friendly community. I still think it would be nice to knock though.

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
  • I like the whole idea that these Pokemon regioins are friendly idealistic communities, where people don't need to lock their doors, and everybody is friendly to one another. Of course it is unrealistic, but it is a game. Games can be what the real world can't. That is why we play them!

Another thing, you're carrying pretend 'animals' around on your belt in tiny balls. Yet you find walking into houses without knocking the weird part? lol

Years
  • Yeah, when I started out, I thought it was wierd too just barge itno some strangers house...xP I got used to it. xD

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I like the whole idea that these Pokemon regioins are friendly idealistic communities, where people don't need to lock their doors, and everybody is friendly to one another. Of course it is unrealistic, but it is a game. Games can be what the real world can't. That is why we play them!

Another thing, you're carrying pretend 'animals' around on your belt in tiny balls. Yet you find walking into houses without knocking the weird part? lol
    Team Rocket killed alot of pokemon, so isn't it dangerous to keep your frontdoor unlocked?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • It'll only be dangerous if you lived in wild parts of the region?

I see no probablem with lettin' a ten-year old boy or girl to come in here then leave.

In the games, wasn't there houses without doors?! So, in a way, aren't these 'locked' houses?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I'd love to see the day where people could actually get a warm welcome after just walking in to their house.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well, now on Platinum ur villa is not safe from wanderers either but yeah it is weird, and some let u sleep in their beds! Eew.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think it's interesting to walk into complete stranger's houses. 8D

Buuuut I will admit, if anyone tried doing that in real life, with no bad intentions.. just.. waltzing it, I'd still be a bit freaked out. I hardly ever think about it anymore when playing the games, though.

Cid

Years
  • Well having a perspective in real life, this custom in Pokémon games IS weird.
    (the thought of letting complete strangers go in your house, and most houses don't even have decent rooms or beds)

But as some people said above me, it IS a game. RPG's are almost always like that.
    And it's again not that thought about in RPG's. You're not busy going into people's houses, you're busy training your Pokémon.

Back