• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issues with Pokécommunity Live

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
  • So, I've been noticing some things with Live that concern me a bit, one of them being the basic anarchy that goes on with moderators on the system.

As far as I understand, it is meant to be a welcoming place where folks can chat, but when a mod comes in and kicks people on a whim because they said the mods name I think that is a little more than rude. I don't care if they're friends, or whatever. If the site is going to advertise Live chat then it should be more regulated and not kicking people on a whim. It doesn't look good for the site and, honestly, this isn't the first time I've seen it happen.

Spoiler:

Can we get some actual RULES for the chat, or at least some basis for them? I mean, this isn't the first time I've seen this. It's an abuse of power, and as a supporter makes me wonder if I've wasted my money.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • well I mean let's not be omitting the full story here

<23:32:12> <shirayuki> ...
    <23:32:57> <shirayuki> it's quiet.
    <23:33:01> <JavasMissingno> Verily.
    <23:33:22> <shirayuki> luke.
    <23:33:25> <shirayuki> snapple.
    <23:33:32> <%luke> who are you
    <23:33:38> <%luke> why are you nick alerting me
    <23:33:42> <shirayuki> who? me?
    <23:33:49> <%luke> no the other person who mentioned my name
    <23:33:50> <shirayuki> it was very quiet

<00:01:12> <Butterfree-Charizard> dang
    <00:01:21> <shirayuki> ha?
    <00:02:15> <shirayuki> luke, Amnesia, JavasMissingno.
    <00:02:26> * Meganium ([email protected]) has joined #thepokecommunity
    <00:02:26> * PokeCom[bot] sets mode: +v Meganium
    <00:02:26> <JavasMissingno> Oi, sorry
    <00:02:28> <%luke> please dont nick alert me
    <00:02:34> <shirayuki> luke luke
    <00:02:43> <%luke> !kick shirayuki
    <00:02:43> * shirayuki was kicked by PokeCom[bot] (Requested)
    <00:02:50> * +snapple applause
    <00:03:01> <%luke> let that be a warning to all of you
    <00:03:04> <%luke> i'm a simple man
    <00:03:09> <%luke> if i ask you to not do something
    <00:03:10> <%luke> dont do it
    <00:03:17> <+snapple> luke luke
    <00:03:20> * Olli ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Olli)
    <00:03:23> <JavasMissingno> Sure thing. Had you already asked?
    <00:03:26> <%luke> !kickban snapple
    <00:03:26> * PokeCom[bot] sets mode: +b *!*@72A1C9D6.21DC9807.BC05D451.IP
    <00:03:26> * snapple was kicked by PokeCom[bot] (Requested)
    <00:03:33> <%luke> !unban snapple
    <00:03:33> * PokeCom[bot] sets mode: -b *!*@72A1C9D6.21DC9807.BC05D451.IP
    <00:03:36> <%luke> !invite snapple
    <00:03:45> * snapple ([email protected]) has joined #thepokecommunity
    <00:03:46> * PokeCom[bot] sets mode: +v snapple
    <00:03:58> <%luke> cue matt spamming me with nick alerts
    <00:04:20> <+snapple> i have better things to do
    <00:04:30> <%luke> like charge your phone?

i mean. he asked them not to? and they did? and it's not like it was a kickban. some people dont wanna be nick alerted randomly. is it such a big deal? and with snapple it was obvs a joke.

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • He politely asked her to not nick alert him and she childishly went and did exactly what he told her not to do.
    I see nothing wrong with this.

Phantom1

Years
  • Phantom: They are, but they should be held responsible for their actions, just like anyone else.
    luke: i told her to take the stick out of her ass thats probably what shes referring to lmao
    Anna: well that yeah
    Phantom : It is.
    luke: but its true
    CuteBoyFanClub: He will be held accountable if it's considered problematic
    But you don't decide what's problematic
    Jake does
    kokoro: just report his ass and get it over with
    Phantom: Dude, you don't know me, all I was doing was standing up for another member.
    CuteBoyFanClub: And he's a closet case
    So
    luke: jake loves me
    so
    kokoro: don't argue with him, he'll just ban you

You people think that's right? Or fair?

Apparently this place isn't the welcoming place I thought it was.

Phantom1

Years
  • Being told to 'pull the stick out of my ass' from a mod for questioning something is warranted?

Using friendships with higher staff to do whatever you want is warranted?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • That's really not the case tbh. Hstaff obviously can separate personal biases from appropriate action. Luke can be rude sometimes but that's Luke. Don't we all know that? And you really were causing a ruckus over nothing.
    Let's get the context of that comment on the record btw.

[00:04] <Phantom> So L*ke, you just kicked one of the few people actually talking, and who I was talking to...
    [00:04] <JavasMissingno> I'm sitting here watching 5 baby chicks play with a ball.
    03[00:04] * Olli ([email protected]) has joined #thepokecommunity
    [00:04] <%luke> don't care
    [00:04] <Butterfree-Charizard> aww
    [00:05] <%luke> @ phantom
    [00:05] <%luke> on youtube javas?
    [00:05] <JavasMissingno> IRL; my mom bought 5 chicks a while ago
    [00:05] <Phantom> Really, so two people were talking and you just come in and ban them?
    [00:05] <Phantom> *one of them.
    [00:05] <+snapple> they aren't banned
    [00:05] <Phantom> Kicked, whatever.
    [00:05] <%luke> she was nick alerting me and i asked her not to
    [00:05] <%luke> put your stick out of your ass already
    [00:05] <%luke> thanks
    [00:05] <%luke> pull*
    [00:05] <Phantom> That's really going to endear people to stick around the chat.

Clearly this is an offhand reaction to something you are blowing out of proportion tbh. There is a disclaimer on the chat info page or whatever that it's a little offensive sometimes and much more informal than the forum part of PC. I mean, the chat's generally full of friends who casually insult each other. I apologize if that's not your scene, but some people just have that sort of reaction to anyone.

Back to the actual issue of suggested power abuse, though, Luke requested that the person not nick alert him. The person went against that request and spammed his nick a bit. That's rude and spam. :| I think Luke had a right to kick after an implied warning and an explicit warning to the person.

Phantom1

Years
  • I wasn't blowing something out of proportion until a mod insulted me. I was just saying that someone was kicked and I was talking to them. Then I was insulted.

Then I took it personally. I get that it's a group of friends, but honestly, you aren't the only people on site, and being respectful is sort of plastered on the damn page.

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • It also says that if you're easily offended it would probably be best not to join.

Getting this up in arms from someone saying "take the stick out of your bum" is pretty much an overreaction. It's a very common phrase and he was simply saying to stop being so uptight.

Phantom1

Years
  • Getting this up in arms from someone saying "take the stick out of your bum" is pretty much an overreaction. It's a very common phrase and he was simply saying to stop being so uptight.

♥♥♥♥ this. Fine then. Noted.

Sirfetch’d

As someone who moderates the battle server chatroom I just wanna say that Luke was very much in line here. Being nick alerted not only is annoying but can be very confusing. For example, when I'm moderating a chatroom I like to be nick alerted when a spammer is on or if someone really needs me, but other than that I don't like the little alerts every time that someone says my name. I don't see why people want to make a big deal out of something when it is clear who is in the wrong here and that isn't Luke.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • Well i might say, luke there seemed to be short-tempered. He should have at least warned them three times before kicking or banning them.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • Why should he warn 3 times? This isn't baseball where 3 strikes you are out, he was asked to stop and didn't. Fair enough.

Huh? Really? You really think its REALLY fair enough? Mods should lenghten their patience for childish acts like that. Not banning them impromto after asking them to stop but did not. That's what I'm saying.

Sirfetch’d

Huh? Really? You really think its REALLY fair enough? Mods should lenghten their patience for childish acts like that. Not banning them impromto after asking them to stop but did not. That's what I'm saying.

He didn't ban him. He was kicked which is basically a warning.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • It wasn't a ban. It was just a kick for emphasis- the user could have rejoined at any point after that. Kicking is not the big deal you seem to think it is. People get kicked all the time- to make a point, for minor rulebreaking, for a joke between friends. The user deliberately did something which they were asked not to do- why should Luke have to warn them again? They knew what they were doing.

edit: chase ninja

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Huh? Really? You really think its REALLY fair enough? Mods should lenghten their patience for childish acts like that. Not banning them impromto after asking them to stop but did not. That's what I'm saying.

Not to really butt in or anything, but the Mods or Staff shouldn't have to go out of their way to appease the childish acts of regular members. They've got a job that needs to be fulfilled, and if they already issued a warning to the member than that's just the fault of the member, not the Mod or Staff involved. The rules of PokeCommunity are supposed to be followed, not bent.

Back