• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It'd be awesome if Final Fantasy VII for Nintendo DS!!

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core put on Nintendo DS??

In my friends opinion, they think Square Enix should team up with Nintendo and make another version of Crisis Core. Its an awesome game and i have it, but.. Thing is, all of my friends think the PSP is "outdated" (which it isn't). They've tried it and they say that they want it for the DS. What do you think?

Last edited:

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Thing is, not everybody has a PSP. And i agree, graphics would be very yucky, but at least more people could own the game.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Graphics wouldn't be yucky… they'd e on a similar level to the original…
    Eh… it's more likely to be released on the psp or even the ps3 if they ever did do a remake…

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I say no. :< I despise the DS. *is shot* Plus the graphics won't be that grand. Like munna ぱにぽに said, they'll be the same graphics as the original. If I'm going to play FFVII again, I do want better graphics.

Square Enix belongs to Sony more so they'll probably make most popular FF games for the Sony products.

Years
    No way. I like the DS alot but Final Fantasy VII would not work on it at all. The graphics wouldn't be top notch and furthermore FF belongs to Sony like Akari stated, it would be aweful if VII was put on teh DS.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    He's talking about Crisis Core, not the Playstation game Final Fantasy VII.

Anyway, it'd be...convenient, but personally I don't think they should do it. I would rather buy the PSP and have it in the form it was meant to be played in. I LOVE DS graphics, DQM looked fantastic, but admittedly, it would lose something in the port.

Plus, they'd never do it. FFVII is quite possibly their most popular game...it'd be like Nintendo putting Mario or Pokémon on the PS3.

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I agree with all of you, actually. The graphics would be awful, and it should stay with Sony consoles and Sony alone.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    If you're talking about Crisis Core then you needed to put Crisis Core in the thread title... because there is a game called "Final Fantasy VII". I was really confused.

As for Crisis Core on the DS... Personally, I don't think I'd get it. For one thing I got it on the PSP, another is that CC has awesome FMVs and such, to put them on the PSP you'd have to kill them. I'm not all for graphics but when I first put CC in, and saw the opening.... I was blown away. I was also blown away when I saw the FMV of the fight on top of that cannon (I'm trying not to spoil it for anyone, but I'm sure you guys know what FMV I'm talking about). And you would lose that if it was on the DS.
    I love the DS, it has awesome awesome games, but some games are just better on the PSP.

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Sorry, let me just add Crisis Core to the title. Anyway, i guess you are right. I was very impressed with the cutscene at the start. And putting it on the DS would.. yes.. spoil it really.

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
    Years
    Nah, I think the original Final Fantasy VII belongs on the PS3. There's already a demo version for it, so why not finish what was started? Besides, I wouldn't mind having FFVII being revamped like Advent Children or better.

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    You have a point, even though the PS3 "demo" was to show the PS3's "amazing quality". Square Enix have announced that Final Fantasy VII is not being put onto the PS3 in the near future.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    When it comes to a FFVII remake then I want it on the PS3 (or PS4 if Sony can last that long). I mean the tech demo was just a little taste of what can be done, and they said if given more time they could have made it look better.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Square-Enix doesn't belong to Sony any more than Nintendo. Has anyone else noticed they're remaking a lot of old FFs for DS? <_<; They really like that system; more than the PSP I'd say, but I don't have anything to back that up so oh well.

Anyway, I wouldn't want a remake of FFVII OR Crisis Core to be on the DS. It works well on the PSP and if people want to play it? They can go buy a PSP. I don't even see how it would be better on DS--they'd have to completely re-engineer it from the ground up to change the graphics and, knowing Squenix, they'd probably want to add touch screen capabilities. I don't have CC yet, but I just don't see it being worthwhile to port it over. Plus, from what I hear, it just works on the PSP.

And if FFVII is remade, the PS3 is the only place for it in my eyes. :P Maybe 360, since it can more or less match the PS3 in graphics right now, but I have no doubt that if Squenix took on this task, they'd make the game make FULL use of the PS3's technology. ♥

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    It was made for PSP using the engine they'll be using for Birth by Sleep. PSP sells quite well, and Crisis Core really does exploit the strengths of the PSP and ought to stay there.

On the FF7 remake though, it's interesting to note that in an interview in the FF7CC Ultimania, one of the devs says that the "To be Continued.." screen at the end of the credits originally said "To be Continued in Final Fantasy VII...on Playstation 3", but had to be shortened due to Square not wanting to be pressured. Sounds like confirmation, more or less, to me.

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Yes, i reckon if they do have a remake it can only be on the PS3.. It would be very good.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    No more FF7 spinoffs/remakes please... ;_;
    SE should move on from FF7, stop milking money from fans, and move on to make better games.

Back