• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Items Found In the Wild!

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
Years
  • I think we've got a little off track here, folks! :bandit:
    Jirachi3 is lucky: rare candies are, well, rare, and, no matter what you think of them, it's always a joy to find them. I'm not into training to maximise stats, so, where I get tired of battling pokemon to level them up, I resort to rare candies. Besides, you don't have to use them: I'm sure you can sell them for a little extra cash at a nearby Pokemart!

Back to topic: I haven't caught that many wild pokemon holding items, but so far, I've caught a chansey with a Lucky Egg, a cubone with a Thick Club, and two meowth with berries, one a Watmel, the other a Durin. Plus, Meowths are like zigzagoons and Linoones: they have the pick up ability. Keep a couple of low level meowths with you, and they'll pick up things, mostly berries, but the occasional nugget, rare candy etc...

Years
  • that was kinda lucky to find a rare candy attatched to a pokemon. actually most pokemon have a 30% chance of holding an item. that item is usually special to that specific pokemon and members of its evolution list or type group (thank you earl's academy on pokemon stadium 2 for providing me with most of that information). i remember finding a metal coat attatched to magnemite on silver, the trick to get these items is have a pokemon that knows thief or another move (i forget the other move but it starts with c and linoone can learn it)

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • So where are these pokemon who hold rare candies? (What's the species?)
    I've never gotten one.
    Although I have gotten plenty of mushrooms from Parsects in Cerulean Cave.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    the pokemon are linoon,poochyena,zigzagoon,mighteyena,Hariyama,spinda are the pokemon I've caught with a rare candy but I've caught at least 25 of each ALL with rare candy

G-Klav

Meh, what should this here say
    Years
  • [Off Topic]
    Rare candies are good when you already have finished your EV training on the Pok?mon, which for me are ~lvl 30-35.
    Then you won't get no EV's no matter what you do, so what's the point in EV training then?

[On Topic]
    I've gotten mostly crap on pok?mon I've catched in LeafGreen, like Oran Berries and stuff. They're good before you've beaten Misty. Yay! :\
    After you've beaten Misty, you can sell them! To cach in $5! Double Yay! :\ :P

I've found one Dragon Scale too, but that was in Sapphire. In Sapphire, I've also gotten Quick Claws - I like 'em! :D , and a Twisted Spoon (That was before I learned that they were crap, too. Which was kind of dull to realize, because I'd spent hours to find that freakin' thing! Plus about 25 repeat balls...), among other things.

Though, before I restarted, I found a PP Max with my Zigzagoon's Pick Up (Or was it my little brother...? Can't remember). That's cool, because on all FAQ's and stuff I've read about Pick Up, PP Max isn't mentioned. I guess it's a 1/16,000 chance or something...

And, don't ask: We didn't, nor haven't we ever, used any cheating device of any kind at all. It's plain GBA SP. :classic:

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
  • my opinion on rare candies

Hi I am new here but I beleve that u can use rare candies on your weakest pokemon but that is just the thing i do with them. :bandit:

EternalMothra

Super Butterfree trainer!!
    Years
  • Isn't there an item that powers bug type moves. It's called silver powder or something, where do you get it?

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
  • Ahem...

I got this guide from Pokemon Forever. I did not make it, so I cannot take credit for it. But I can still post it! :)

The first item after the Pokemon's name corresponds to the item and percentage found in RuSa. The second item is for FrLg. If two items appear in brackets, they both occur in that version. If there is an empty set of parentheses, there are no items to be found in that version. Enjoy.

RS FL
    Butterfree Silverpowder (5%) Silverpowder (5%)
    Beedrill Poison Barb (5%) Poison Barb (5%)
    Fearow Sharp Beak (5%) Sharp Beak (5%)
    Pikachu [Oran Berry (50%) Light Ball (5%) ] ()
    Raichu Oran Berry (5%) ()
    Sandshrew Quick Claw (5%) ()
    Sandslash Quick Claw (5%) Soft Sand (5%)
    Clefairy [Leppa Berry (50%) Moon Stone (5%)] Moon Stone (5%)
    Clefable [Leppa Berry (50%) Moon Stone (5%)] Moon Stone (5%)
    Vulpix Rawst Berry (100%) Rawst Berry (50%)
    Ninetales Rawst Berry (100%) Rawst Berry (50%)
    Paras [Tinymushroom (50%)Big Mushroom (5%)] [Tinymushroom (50%) Big Mushroom (5%)]
    Parasect [Tinymushroom (50%) Big Mushroom (5%)] [Tinymushroom (50%)
    Big Mushroom (5%)]
    Growlithe Rawst Berry (100%) Rawst Berry (50%)
    Arcanine Rawst Berry (100%) Rawst Berry (50%)
    Poliwhirl King's Rock (5%) ()
    Poliwrath King's Rock (5%) ()
    Abra Twistedspoon (5%) Twistedspoon (5%)
    Kadabra Twistedspoon (5%) Twistedspoon (5%)
    Alakazam Twistedspoon (5%) Twistedspoon (5%)
    Geodude Everstone (5%) ()
    Graveler Everstone (5%) Hard Stone (5%)
    Golem Everstone (5%) Hard Stone (5%)
    Slowpoke King's Rock (5%) ()
    Slowbro King's Rock (5%) ()
    Magnemite Metal Coat (5%) ()
    Magneton Metal Coat (5%) Magnet (5%)
    Farfetch'd Stick (5%) Stick (5%)
    Doduo Sharp Beak (5%) ()
    Dodrio Sharp Beak (5%) Sharp Beak (5%)
    Grimer Nugget (5%) ()
    Muk Nugget (5%) ()
    Shellder [Pearl (50%) Big Pearl (5%)] [Pearl (50%) Big Pearl (5%) ]
    Cloyster [Pearl (50%) Big Pearl (5%)] [Pearl (50%) Big Pearl (5%) ]
    Cubone Thick Club (5%) Thick Club (5%)
    Marowak Thick Club (5%) Thick Club (5%)
    Koffing Smoke Ball (5%) ()
    Weezing Smoke Ball (5%) ()
    Chansey Lucky Egg (5%) Lucky Egg (5%)
    Horsea Dragon Scale (5%) ()
    Seadra Dragon Scale (5%) ()
    Staryu [Stardust (50%) Star Piece (5%)] [Stardust (50%) Star Piece (5%)]
    Starmie [Stardust (50%) Star Piece (5%)] [Stardust (50%) Star Piece (5%)]
    Mr.Mime Leppa Berry (5%) ()
    Jynx Aspear Berry (100%) ()
    Magmar Rawst Berry (100%) ()
    Ditto Metal Powder (5%) Metal Powder (5%)
    Snorlax Leftovers (100%) Chesto Berry (100%)
    Dratini Dragon Scale (5%) ()
    Dragonair Dragon Scale (5%) Dragon Fang (5%)
    Dragonite Dragon Scale (5%) Dragon Fang (5%)
    Mew Lum Berry (100%) ()
    Sentret Oran Berry (5%) Oran Berry (5%)
    Furret [Oran Berry (50%) Sitrus Berry (5%)] [Oran Berry (50%) Sitrus Berry (5%)]
    Chinchou Yellow Shard (5%) Yellow Shard (5%)
    Lanturn Yellow Shard (5%) Yellow Shard (5%)
    Pichu Oran Berry (5%) ()
    Cleffa [Leppa Berry (50%) Moon Stone (5%)] Moon Stone (5%)
    Politoed King's Rock (5%) King's Rock (5%)
    Slowking King's Rock (5%) King's Rock (5%)
    Misdreavus Spell Tag (5%) Spell Tag (5%)
    Girafarig Persim Berry (5%) Persim Berry (5%)
    Steelix Metal Coat (5%) Metal Coat (5%)
    Shuckle Oran Berry (100%) Berry Juice (100%)
    Sneasel Quick Claw (5%) ()
    Corsola Red Shard (5%) Red Shard (5%)
    Kingdra Dragon Scale (5%) Dragon Scale (5%)
    Smoochum Aspear Berry (100%) ()
    Magby Rawst Berry (100%) ()
    Miltank Moomoo Milk (100%) Moomoo Milk (100%)
    Blissey Lucky Egg (5%) Lucky Egg (5%)
    Ho-oh Sacred Ash (100%) ()
    Celebi Lum Berry (100%) Lum Berry (100%)
    Poochyena Pecha Berry (5%) Pecha Berry (5%)
    Mightyena Pecha Berry (5%) Pecha Berry (5%)
    Zigzagoon Oran Berry (5%) Oran Berry (5%)
    Linoone [Oran Berry (50%) Sitrus Berry (5%)] [Oran Berry (50%) Sitrus Berry (5%) ]
    Beautifly Silverpowder (5%) Silverpowder (5%)
    Dustox Silverpowder (5%) Silverpowder (5%)
    Masquerain Silverpowder (5%) Silverpowder (5%)
    Whismur Chesto Berry (5%) Chesto Berry (5%)
    Loudred Chesto Berry (5%) Chesto Berry (5%)
    Exploud Chesto Berry (5%) Chesto Berry (5%)
    Hariyama King's Rock (5%) King's Rock (5%)
    Skitty Leppa Berry (5%) Leppa Berry (5%)
    Delcatty Leppa Berry (5%) Leppa Berry (5%)
    Aron Hard Stone (5%) Hard Stone (5%)
    Lairon Hard Stone (5%) Hard Stone (5%)
    Aggron Hard Stone (5%) Hard Stone (5%)
    Roselia Poison Barb (5%) Poison Barb (5%)
    Gulpin Big Pearl (5%) Big Pearl (5%)
    Swalot Big Pearl (5%) Big Pearl (5%)
    Numel Rawst Berry (100%) Rawst Berry (100%)
    Camerupt Rawst Berry (100%) Rawst Berry (100%)
    Spinda Chesto Berry (5%) Chesto Berry (5%)
    Trapinch Soft Sand (5%) Soft Sand (5%)
    Cacnea Poison Barb (5%) Poison Barb (5%)
    Cacturne Poison Barb (5%) Poison Barb (5%)
    Lunatone Moon Stone (5%) Moon Stone (5%)
    Solrock Sun Stone (5%) Sun Stone (5%)
    Castform Mystic Water (100%) Mystic Water (100%)
    Kecleon Persim Berry (5%) Persim Berry (5%)
    Shuppet Spell Tag (5%) Spell Tag (5%)
    Banette Spell Tag (5%) Spell Tag (5%)
    Duskull Spell Tag (5%) Spell Tag (5%)
    Dusclops Spell Tag (5%) Spell Tag (5%)
    Glalie Nevermeltice (5%) Nevermeltice (5%)
    Clamperl Blue Shard (5%) Blue Shard (5%)
    Relicanth Green Shard (5%) Green Shard (5%)
    Luvdisc Heart Scale (50%) Heart Scale (50%)
    Bagon Dragon Scale (5%) Dragon Scale (5%)
    Shelgon Dragon Scale (5%) Dragon Scale (5%)
    Salamence Dragon Scale (5%) Dragon Scale (5%)
    Beldum Metal Coat (5%) Metal Coat (5%)
    Metang Metal Coat (5%) Metal Coat (5%)
    Metagross Metal Coat (5%) Metal Coat (5%)
    Jirachi Star Piece (100%) Star Piece (100%)

Just so you know, I've gotten all the ones for RuSa. :) I'm still working on FrLg. This list is kinda weird, tho. It has some pokemon in it that can't be caught in the wild, and they can't be traded to you from NPC's in the game either. I'm guessing that the programmers put 'em in there like that, and that's why Pokefor was able to tell. Anyhow, there are a lot of 'em, ne?

Anyway, there are 118 pokemon listed, some of which can't be caught in the wild under the conditions listed. So there really aren't all that many that give you items. But there are enough. :)

As far as rare candies goes, I think you guys are missing something really important here. You can use rare candies to home in on your Pokemon's IV's. read any faq to find out how. if you have a crapload of rare candies, you can ensure that you only train the most well-endowed pokemon every time. Finding so many is a rare and exceptional treat! Congratulations on your glitch! I hope it doesn't do anything detrimental to your game! :)

Now if only there was a glitch that made all pokemon you run into shiny... *droolz...*

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • In Ruby/Saphire I caught 2 boxes worth of Horsea looking for a Dragon Scale with no luck to then turn around and get 3 in a row... :sleeping: I mostly get berrys.

On the other hand I've gotten lots of Nuggets and Stardust by Coveting the girls Pokemon on the resort on Island 5. I've also had Pokemon Pick Up a Rare Candy or PP Up once and a while.

I use the Rare Candy to level up a pokemon I don't want to train.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    rare candies are useful. there's a maximum amount of EV's you can have, and you can still get them after you level your pokemon up to 100. in fact, at lv 100 you can take on just about any pokemon, making it easier for you to get those EV's.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
  • LanceLite said:
    pokemon trained with Rare Candy do not get EV's and stuff... so rare candies are evil.

training manually is lot better.... so RCed pokemon are more weak in stats than manual trained one.... thus trainer tower, battle tower, competitive battling are all harder. ^_^

Dude... where the heck do YOU come from?! :confused:
    I use crud loads of 'em all the time...

Even so, I usually round out my Pogeys stats to the nearest fifth or tenth, and they can still beat the crud out manual trained Pogeys anyhoo...

*100th post*

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • ur a very lucky. i am just the opposite - i have yet to find a pokemon holding an item - not even a stinking berry (or course i just recently got fr and am only at digglett's cave)

Yumecosmos

Village Idiot (and proud!)
    Years
  • Wow, you really are lucky! I wonder if it is a glitch or something. Hmm... I've found a thick club on a cubone, and a whole bunch of oran berries, and once a meowth I had picked up a belue berry ^_^ which got me really excited cause I'd never seen one before!
    But I usually just steal items with my skitty instead of trying to catch things. I luff my skitty. Even though he sucks in battle. Erm... yeah, I got real off topic there.

PS I thought it was safe to use rare candies after your EVs are maxed out...?

Back