• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: iTrader Rating System

Lexa

My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D
Years
  • Hi!
    Has anyone here ever thought about having an iTrader Rating System for people who trade on here? I think it would be a fantastic idea to have a trading rating system. I'm someone who likes to trade my physical TCG cards through the mail and I think this would help out significantly.

Currently, the only way I can trade is through Instagram where there are thousands of people I know on there. I think this would also be a great way to boost traffic through the TCG forum and bring in some more people.

I would to have the TCG area hopping. It's a shame it's extremely dead.
    I don't have many people to talk to on here about the TCG/O unfortunately. :(

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The PokéCommunity rules said:
    The PokéCommunity is not a platform to sell goods or services. (3 pts / 3 mths)
    Monetary transactions, whether personal or commercial, are not allowed in any of our public forums. Transactions include, but are not limited to, selling cards, selling Pokémon over Wi-Fi, or selling goods, Any requests, buying or selling threads, or links to sites involving such transactions will be removed. The PokéCommunity cannot provide protections for any transactions made on the community, whether public (in cases where the offending posts have not been removed) or private (via private messages or external services).

Transactions such as trading cards or other physical commodities has been hard-banned from the community since its inception and has been that way to prevent the site becoming liable for losses due to scammers and con artists. I wouldn't expect the higher-ups to change their mind anytime soon.

Years
  • Transactions such as trading cards or other physical commodities has been hard-banned from the community since its inception and has been that way to prevent the site becoming liable for losses due to scammers and con artists. I wouldn't expect the higher-ups to change their mind anytime soon.
    Wait, where did you get the idea she was asking about selling cards? From what I can gather in her post, it's only for trading, which does not involve monetary transactions AFAIK.

Lexa

Years
  • Wait, where did you get the idea she was asking about selling cards? From what I can gather in her post, it's only for trading, which does not involve monetary transactions AFAIK.

This. ^
    I'm not talking about selling. Trading.
    I probably should've made that clear in my original post. :c
    I'm sorry, y'all.

Years
  • Trading physical merch is a monetary transaction as far as the site's rules are concerned, iirc, even if not explicitly stated, since the things being exchanged do have monetary value in the physical realm. We'd have to bring Rukario into the conversation for confirmation on this, though.

TCGO trading is not forbidden, though, since you actually have to facilitate that through the TCGO itself, and outside of the TCGO, the digital cards have no monetary value.

You're more than welcome to make threads to boost activity (I've been largely away due to personal circumstances, otherwise there'd be more activity in there). There is still a sizable number of lurkers to the section who'll post in whatever threads get made.

Lexa

Years
  • You're more than welcome to make threads to boost activity (I've been largely away due to personal circumstances, otherwise there'd be more activity in there). There is still a sizable number of lurkers to the section who'll post in whatever threads get made.

I'm thinking about making more threads... but then everyone would be tired of seeing my ID pop up on their screen! Haha!

Years
  • If there's enough interest in trading actual cards, there are ways to make it happen while keeping PC free of any liability. I don't think we've ever tried to do it because the TCG has traditionally not been the most popular around here.

I used to help run a pretty big Yugioh site that had a super active trading board and we managed to make it run smoothly (and actually had the iTrader system too, haha.)

But yeah. I'm open to exploring the possibility, but all legal stuff like this always has to go through Rukario also.

If there's a way we can do this that satisfies Rukario's desires for legal protection, I'm interested. In the last 3 years, it's been the second most frequent rule change request I get, just behind requests to allow buying and selling.

Lexa

Years
  • If there's enough interest in trading actual cards, there are ways to make it happen while keeping PC free of any liability. I don't think we've ever tried to do it because the TCG has traditionally not been the most popular around here.

I used to help run a pretty big Yugioh site that had a super active trading board and we managed to make it run smoothly (and actually had the iTrader system too, haha.)

But yeah. I'm open to exploring the possibility, but all legal stuff like this always has to go through Rukario also.

Maybe we could try and do things because it would be a decent way to get some more traffic through that forum and also have more of a reason to come on here for me, haha.

Could you PM me the ways things can be done without PC liability?

Lexa

Years
  • If there's a way we can do this that satisfies Rukario's desires for legal protection, I'm interested. In the last 3 years, it's been the second most frequent rule change request I get, just behind requests to allow buying and selling.

Perhaps users of the PC can come together to try and come up with something?

Lexa

Years
  • I'm open to ideas, but anything that involves facilitating through the forum likely has to be run through Rukario, since PokeCommunity is his property, after all.

Of course. Out of respect, I would do that myself but I feel intimidated just thinking about talking to him. Hahah.

Years
  • Of course. Out of respect, I would do that myself but I feel intimidated just thinking about talking to him. Hahah.

You give me something to propose, I can run it by him and the other admins. He's far friendlier than his status on the forum implies. He's just gotta make sure whatever's done doesn't hold him liable for things.

Back