• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Its a Pokemon eat Pokemon world :<

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    this is okay here right? >.>;;

i was talking with a friend and they brought up, Do you think pokemon eat other pokemon?
    i realize that in the games they have poffins and pokeblocks ETC, but what about in the wild? I mean i know there are berries but fish based pokemon can't get up and get a berry can they? x]

if pokemon were real would you think that?
    i can sorta see like the cat based pokemon hunting bird and mouse based pokemon
    and plant pokemon use their roots,
    but what about the steel and rock pokemon, and ghosts really dont need to eat either

also, how do mammal based pokemon lay eggs, and stone and ghosts ETCETCETC,
    i can see like a plant type has seeds x]

yeah its been on my mind lately xD;;

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Well, I can say that Pidgeot eats Magikarp, as stated in one of those Pokedex entries. As for the mammals laying eggs, I couldn't tell you. Why is Kangaskhan born with a baby? I'm sure someone here has the answer for that.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Well, I can say that Pidgeot eats Magikarp, as stated in one of those Pokedex entries. As for the mammals laying eggs, I couldn't tell you. Why is Kangaskhan born with a baby? I'm sure someone here has the answer for that.

another mystery

why ~is~ kangaskhan born with a baby O_O

the world may never know:<

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
    There are several Pokedex entries that mention Pokemon eating each other. And it does make sense. In PMD2 I remember the Wurmple afraid of being eaten by his partner, Swellow. That was funny and sad at the same time.

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Usually the Pokémons coleopter if I don't err they were eaten by the Pokémon bird.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I know Pokemon eat other Pokemon. As it says in numerous Pokedex entries, quite a few flying Pokemon eat bug and water Pokemon.

Pidgeots Pokedex entry in Pokemon Red:
    When hunting, it skims the surface of water at high speed to pick off unwary prey such as Magikarp.

Tailows Pokedex entry:
    Taillow is young - it has only just left its nest. As a result, it sometimes becomes lonesome and cries at night. This Pokémon feeds on Wurmple that live in forests.

Ghost's probablt feed on souls? Zubat, Golbat and Crobat suck blood, as stated in Mt. Moon (well, it says Zubat but you can kinda assume that Golbat and Crobat do too.) Geodudes probably eat minerals or something. :P And it is assumed armour cladded animals (such as Skarmory) eat what they would eat (assuming a Skarmory would eat water and bug Pokemon, to an extent.)

Besides, why do we need logic? It's Pokemon! XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, you can't exactly expect them to survival on berries all the time, can you? Sure, it's fine if you have a trainer who'll feed you, but if you're out there, in the wild, meat that's alive starts looking tasty.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    i never did notice the entries :O x]
    qiute interesting actually

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    Well, in the real world, animals eat other animals, so why not Pokemon?

As examples, Pidgey is mentioned of eating Magikarp, and Sneasel steals eggs, probably to eat them. I'm sure the eggs in question are indeed Pokemon eggs, also.

It's just a game. For all we know, the Pokemon world could be a happy little place where all Pokemon are vegetarians.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Well, in the real world, animals eat other animals, so why not Pokemon?

As examples, Pidgey is mentioned of eating Magikarp, and Sneasel steals eggs, probably to eat them. I'm sure the eggs in question are indeed Pokemon eggs, also.

It's just a game. For all we know, the Pokemon world could be a happy little place where all Pokemon are vegetarians.
    And eat grass pokemon :D/hit

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Pokemon Ranger says that Gastly licks the foe until they are gone.
    How many licks does it take to get to the center of a human pop?

Years
    Of course they eat each other and Ash use to eat imported Miltanks everyday. Remember the Kanto season?

Ash: "I want a cheseburger!"

Where do you think it came from?

Answer: Jhoto

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Don't question the logic of Pokémon although I read somewhere about Magikarp being eaten and coming back when you throw the bones into the water. An the Swellow in PMD should eat the flipping Wurmple. geez.

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
    Of course they eat each other and Ash use to eat imported Miltanks everyday. Remember the Kanto season?

Ash: "I want a cheseburger!"

Where do you think it came from?

Answer: Jhoto

Do you remember Tauros? That would be a more logical Pokemon to become a burger. Miltank for dairy, Tauros for beef (and Tropius for bananas).

Back