• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I didn't mind the Geass experience overall. It had some good ideas (and one day I will write an RP for Geass, I swear to God), but it had it's moments where it faltered. I'll agree that season 2 wasn't as good as season 1, but I really enjoyed the experience. I've also been reading Renya of the Darkness, the "prologue" manga, and while I don't think it's doing very well, I still like it.

Mind you, the inclusion of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion in Super Robot Wars Z2 has certainly put me in a Geass mood once more.
    A Code Geass RP, you say? You and I have much to discuss, then. I'll probably send you a PM or two when I get around to it.

The inclusion of Code Geass in the latest Super Robot Wars game amuses me immensely, mainly because Knightmare Frames are towards the absolute bottom of the giant robot power scale. I wonder how Banpresto balaced everything so that Knightmare Frames can fight stuff like Variable Fighters, Gundams, Mazinger Z, and Gurren Lagann on an even footing.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Actually, I'd be keen for a CG RP as well. :D

In any case, where do Knightmare Frames rank on the hierarchy of Humongous Mecha in general? I haven't watched much else in the way of mecha anime (I think Zoids might be all, lol), so I have no idea if they're made of paper or ridiculously OP in terms of heavy machinery.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Actually, I'd be keen for a CG RP as well. :D

In any case, where do Knightmare Frames rank on the hierarchy of Humongous Mecha in general? I haven't watched much else in the way of mecha anime (I think Zoids might be all, lol), so I have no idea if they're made of paper or ridiculously OP in terms of heavy machinery.
    As I said before, they're towards the very bottom of the giant robot hierarchy. Most of them barely even qualify as giant, with the average height being somewhere around 4.5-5 meters according to the official stats. In addition, their weapons are little better than what you can find on modern combat vehicles, and they can easily be taken out by infantry with rocket launchers. The Japanese must have been truly incompetent to lose to the Britannians in the first place.

Years
  • Well considering how much of a ****storm they where in, I mean their PM was killed (by his own son, no less, but no one knows that), so Brittania took over Japan quite easily.

Is R3 real?

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Well considering how much of a ****storm they where in, I mean their PM was killed (by his own son, no less, but no one knows that), so Brittania took over Japan quite easily.

Is R3 real?
    Genbu Kururugi's assassination would not have made any difference, seeing as the Japanese were already losing long before he died. As I said before, they were a bunch of incompetents; they had technological parity and the advantage of fighting a defensive war against an opponent with overstretched supply lines, and yet they still lost.

Also, there won't be a proper third season, just side-story OVAs.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • I don't know about overstretched supply lines. I haven't seen any of the 'extra' material, but seems to me that the Britannians had quite an overwhelming advantage. The Japanese had tanks and infantry, neither of which would have done much good against even early-generation Knightmares. The greatest advantage of the Knightmares is their mobility and speed, something that you wouldn't be able to counter with a slow-moving tank. The only one who managed to defeat the Britannians in battle was Kiseki no Tohdoh, and we're not even told how he did it.

On top of this, the Britannian Empire was a well-established international power that would have had little trouble with its lines of supply and reinforcement. And I'm not sure what you mean by 'technological parity' - the Brits had mecha suits and the Japanese didn't. :x

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I don't know about overstretched supply lines. I haven't seen any of the 'extra' material, but seems to me that the Britannians had quite an overwhelming advantage. The Japanese had tanks and infantry, neither of which would have done much good against even early-generation Knightmares. The greatest advantage of the Knightmares is their mobility and speed, something that you wouldn't be able to counter with a slow-moving tank. The only one who managed to defeat the Britannians in battle was Kiseki no Tohdoh, and we're not even told how he did it.

On top of this, the Britannian Empire was a well-established international power that would have had little trouble with its lines of supply and reinforcement. And I'm not sure what you mean by 'technological parity' - the Brits had mecha suits and the Japanese didn't. :x
    I would suggest you watch the episode of Top Gear where Jeremy Clarkson in a Land Rover thoroughly gets his ass kicked by a Challenger 2. At least his Land Rover had the advantage of a low profile; considering how tall the average Knightmare Frame is, even with a supposed speed and mobility advantage, it wouldn't be hard for a semi-compentent tank crew to destroy several of them in rapid succession (hint: AIM FOR THE DAMN KNEES). Also, there have been examples within the show itself, particularly in the earlier parts of the first season, of infantry with rocket launchers successfully destroying Knightmares, though they needed to be directed by Lelouch before they could figure out how to use their weapons properly. Hell, Tohdoh isn't even as cracked up as he seems to be; if he was even half as good a tactician as they said he was, he would have been able to salvage the first Black Rebellion in Lelouch's absence. He wasn't good, he was just insanely lucky.

According to the background material, the Britannians had taken over a considerable portion of Southeast Asia prior to conquering Japan, only for the Chinese to take back most (if not all) of those territories prior to the start of the first season. The Britannians had definitely been overextending themselves.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • If you're a mecha purist you'd go with the Gundam franchise I'd expect, haven't seen it myself but yeah, Geass is so-so as i said before.

Anyone here seen Mouryou no Hako? I started it this evening and it's pretty intriguing. Soundtrack and animation are definitely Madhouse level and the Clamp character designs are pretty good too. Oh, and Nightmare (Death Note) do the opening and ending so that's a big plus.

Said op.
    Spoiler:

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • To be fair, it doesn't spend much time as a high-school slice of life. It does revisit it at odd times for no apparent reason, though. (R2 Episode 13, anyone?)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Can't remember the episode you're talking about tbh. They did use the high school setting very well on occasion mind, the bit with the cat and the helmet was really funny and pretty clever.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • Ah, cat and helmet was great. The one I'm thinking of was when they had the Valentine's Day event and Sayoko was Lelouch and all kinds of crazy stuff. That was where the Lulucopter was invented.

On another note: I probably shouldn't be, but I am enjoying Yomeiro Choice.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I think I read a bit of that ages ago, surprisingly I'm pretty sure a woman writes that. DOes it have a decent plot to go with all of the other large plots?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Most people don't hate fanservice, that is why there's so much of it. Just an opinion but fanservice shows are targeted at an audience that want fanservice, not intricate, well worked plots and amazing characters. Geass is probably one of the better fanservice shows so my previous statement may be a moo point but whatever.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back