• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    It was done by the same director who did the first two Digimon movies! : )
    Well, in America, they merged the two movies, but it was still good.
    God, it's such a good movie. Had a freaking amazing soundtrack, as well.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Since we're discussing BLEACH, I hate it. A lot. Too confusing. Too many people I don't care about. Or, that's what 10 year-old me thought of it. I'm sure I'd have more issues with it if I watched it again. But I won't. Because I don't want to.

What I really like about Hosoda's way of animation direction, is that he gets rid of shading (most of the time) so that it seems more alive. Very pretty. Also, best use of CGi in an anime I've ever seen.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Yeah, the animation style is fascinatingly distinctive. It kinda reminds me of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. /shot /shot multiple times

Jokes aside, I do like the animation style. I was never into Digimon, so I can't draw any comparisons to that, but it is highly reminiscent of something.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Hasn't seen Digimon or Summer Wars but if we're discussing lovely CGI in anime we have to mention Kara no Kyoukai, some of that is really pretty.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I really like the CGI use in Gundam Unicorn

But sometimes it sticks out like a sore thumb

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Outlandish as it may sound, seeing as I am an avid anime watcher, it was only today that I knew of the second season of The World God Only Knows! I only took a timeout off anime for a month and five episodes (?) of Keima's loose soul-capturing adventures were released. I wasn't really intrigued by the first episode, albeit the arc looks kind of promising. The concept of a callous martial arts pretty girl who 'hates' the weakling and anything cute, or so we think, is a tad bit generic. However, it seems to have coaxed me enough into watching the second episode.

Other than the mentioned above, I haven't really had the time to skim through this season's anime releases. I read a couple of reviews on shows such as C and The Blue Exorcist, and they both look nice.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    The World God Only Knows is moving a lot faster than expected. Out of the 4 advertised for this season (so far), he's already in the middle of the third capture. And the fourth capture shouldn't be too long episode-wise, so unless they pull Tsukiyo in, this is gonna be....interesting...

Misheard Whisper

Years
    ;_; I hate my broadband restrictions. TWGOK is undoubtedly my favourite series of recent times (even more so than Star Driver) and I haven't seen past Episode 2 or the second season. Watching any more would slaughter my broadband and I wanna seeeeee iiiiiiiiit! T_T

In other news . . . I may be a tad late, but Code Geass is amazing. I'm even watching it dubbed, and it's still great~

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Man, I've been playing too much Blazblue and now I have to catch up on every show
    ;_; I hate my broadband restrictions. TWGOK is undoubtedly my favourite series of recent times (even more so than Star Driver) and I haven't seen past Episode 2 or the second season. Watching any more would slaughter my broadband and I wanna seeeeee iiiiiiiiit! T_T

In other news . . . I may be a tad late, but Code Geass is amazing. I'm even watching it dubbed, and it's still great~
    I thought the CG dub was great except for Nunally

Misheard Whisper

Years
    Yeah, Nunnally's voice isn't fantastic, I agree. Still, one dodgy voice out of an entire cast is pretty good.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Best dubs i've seen would have to be Bebop, Champloo and Black Lagoon. Also this looks like it has potential, will definitely try out the dub when I rewatch it.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Anyone following Kekkaishi on AS? Or am I the only one?
    I probably am.

Anyways, it's getting pretty interesting, any thoughts on if there was another season? I wouldn't mind there being one.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    It went under my radar as well, looks decent though.

As for Kekkaishi, I'm not following it on TV but I saw it last year and enjoyed it. Unfortunately there are only 52 episodes from a manga that recently finished with 345 chapters but you never know they might make another season some day although probably not. I think I ended up giving the manga and the anime high 7/10 ratings as they were both pretty good.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    KEKKAISHI! I just watched it on Animax! At first, I thought it was one of those generic anime, but really, it's one of those hidden gems of the shounen anime. Kekkaishi made me accept Bossun's seiyuu from Sket Dance...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Yoshimori's seiyuu took a while for me to get used to, tbh he was actually a pretty good fit for the character being that he sounds like an angsty teenager. I remember he was also pretty decent in Panty+Stocking, Blood+ and the so bad it's good Chaos;Head.

Ao no Exorcist is definitely getting better, I think I may do what i did with Bakuman and read ahead, I really hope this is a longer series. Also dat opening song, saxophones make everything better.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back