• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I read it also. I'm pretty sure it's by the same director/artists/someone important who made Denpa Onna.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Just by looking at the two series it has to be the the character designer. Only staff member I remember checking out was the director, same guy that did Sora no Otoshimono and Bamboo Blade.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Just by looking at the two series it has to be the the character designer. Only staff member I remember checking out was the director, same guy that did Sora no Otoshimono and Bamboo Blade.
    New it was something like that. /internet is bugging out and I can't access some sites.

I'm anticipating Shinkai's new film, it already came out but I'm waiting for the subs. And the actual version, not a cam rip. :/

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Doubt we'll be getting Shinkai's new film until the new year sometime, same with K-On!, Heaven's lost Property, Hayate and a few others. And then even more time for Kizu. D:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Doubt we'll be getting Shinkai's new film until the new year sometime, same with K-On!, Heaven's lost Property, Hayate and a few others. And then even more time for Kizu. D:
    Such a shame.

Oh, and I remember we were talking about a group of movies that were supposed to air this year in theaters, but they'll be out subbed next year, do you remember which movies were they? One came out each month or something, that's all I remember.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I remember talking about it but can't remember what it is.

This is another 3 part film series, it's cyberpunk so if you liked stuff like GitS you might like. I watched part 1 the other days and it was pretty gritty, very pretty looking film though.

Edit - Wasn't Break Blade was it?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I remember talking about it but can't remember what it is.

This is another 3 part film series, it's cyberpunk so if you liked stuff like GitS you might like. I watched part 1 the other days and it was pretty gritty, very pretty looking film though.

Edit - Wasn't Break Blade was it?

I'll check it out, thanks for the suggestion.

And nope, it wasn't.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    It does look interesting, Big fan of Bones atm so I'll defo watch at some point. Shame it will take forever before blurays are released. D:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Saya is at it again...."I will protect everybody"
    Spoiler:
    I mean give that sword to Tomoyo Daidouji and she's do a better job.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Watched a couple of episodes of Itsuka Usagi, and yea, guess it's not really for me. It seems too similar to Kore Zombie and it's not as interesting as I thought. Altho, I'll still finish it, because who knows, it might change.

On a complete different hand the Korean Drama Iris and Kamen Rider OOO are good. Very interesting.

Zet

Years
    Watched a couple of episodes of Itsuka Usagi, and yea, guess it's not really for me. It seems too similar to Kore Zombie and it's not as interesting as I thought. Altho, I'll still finish it, because who knows, it might change.

I like it, and it seems like it will just get more interestingly along the way.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Tried it but didn't really feel compelled to watch any more, doubt I'll ever go back to it.

On the other hand I just finished Paranoia Agent. I won't bore you all with a review but damn it was good, at least equally or more wtf inducing that Serial Experiments Lain. I'll still be piecing parts of that together next month.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Finished up Kamen Rider Decade and it was pretty good. So far, it's the best of the KR I've seen. Even tho that was my third KR series I finished...

Iris is going along nicely also, even tho it's a KDrama I feel like I need to talk about it. I recommend it to anyone who like action and a bit of romance :)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Outside of films I've never seen a Japanese live action, one day maybe.

As for the rest of my day...4 more Stand Alone Complex episodes to go, shall not be blinking very much for the next hour and a half.
    Edit - Finished and it was awesome.

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I don't really do live action/J-Drama/whatever but I wish there was someone subbing the live action version of Arakawa Under the Bridge that's airing right now. Guess a live-action adaptation of a SHAFT show is far too niche for any group to see as worth subbing T_T

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back