• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Blood-C, the sooner I can forget about that one the better. At least the music and animation was good I guess. The film could be good though now
    Spoiler:

Years
    Yeah, Blood-C probably wasn't worth watching in the end.
    Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I know a lot of you lot of you guys don't bother with endless shounen but FT 253...wtf am I reading?
    Spoiler:

For once I will actually be eagerly waiting for a FT chapter.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Considering I'm only up to Thriller Bark it's a while before the New World for me but I am looking forward for it. I did find it a little amusing that the One Piece rip off is even
    Spoiler:
    within the same week.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Spoiler:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Oh, I'm sure that the
    Spoiler:

is just strange timing.

Also, I haven't seen much of Fairy Tail, but what I've seen has far less in common with One Piece than, say, SKET Dance has with Gintama. :U

Also, SKET Dance is pretty cool.

Not just because it has The Pillows in it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Nope, Fairy Tail uses pretty much exactly the same structure as One Piece, I could understand why OP fanboys wouldn't want FT to be compared to it mind.

Sket Dance wasn't that good in the eps I saw, much more excited about Medaka Box.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I think FT made a half assed reference to
    Spoiler:
    at some point but I dunno.

Wasn't talking about those sort of similarities though, If I was I'd mention the art and of course Gildarts character design. I meant the storytelling method of mostly unrelated arcs with the one goal in mind the whole time. Guess it's not really surprising considering the fact Mashima worked under Oda for a while.

FT arcs are hit and miss, couple have been ok but it's mostly meh.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Bakuman is back with a nice start. Really like the new ending although the opening is a lot more forgettable than Bluebird from Season 1.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Bakuman is back with a nice start. Really like the new ending although the opening is a lot more forgettable than Bluebird from Season 1.

Of course not. The OP this time isn't by Kobukuro, and is therefore not as good.

fate/zero had a setup episode as expected, with probably another next episode for the sake of introducing the rest of the servants, as well as identifying some of the others. Totally looking forward to this.

Zet

Years
    I know a lot of you lot of you guys don't bother with endless shounen but FT 253...wtf am I reading?
    Spoiler:

For once I will actually be eagerly waiting for a FT chapter.
    It's nice that we'll find out about that kid in the next chapter, but I bet in the next 20 or so chapters, that mysterious girl will appear again.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Oh, I'm sure this Gildarts looks nothing like Shan-

J-E Discussion

I'm sad now...

Oh, pfft.
    I cracked up more than I probably should have. xDD;;

Anyway, the first episode to Bakuman. 2 was really nice, in my opinion. :D
    I really liked how the opening had so much foreshadowing. o3o

Aaand, One Piece: New World is magnificent.
    After watching the new episode, I decided to finally pick up the OP anime again. o3o

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    So I spent my day finishing up 2 cliché ridden shounen titles and had quite a lot of fun with one of them. Yaoi Exorcist's ending was bad, I know it was filler and all but I could have written a better plot than that. On the other hand the whole of Busou Renkin was so retarded it was awesome, I haven't enjoyed such an obviously bad show since Star Driver.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    So I spent my day finishing up 2 cliché ridden shounen titles and had quite a lot of fun with one of them. Yaoi Exorcist's ending was bad, I know it was filler and all but I could have written a better plot than that. On the other hand the whole of Busou Renkin was so retarded it was awesome, I haven't enjoyed such an obviously bad show since Star Driver.

A "better" plot could only be a plot that satisfies you more, so in your opinion you could write a better plot, yeah. Just like I could write a "better" plot to One Piece or BLEACH, or really any of the mainstream dribble. =P What is better is simply to one's personal tastes. I don't think they did a bad job on Ao no Exorcist though. While I don't like how they departed from the manga storyline, I enjoyed the plot more than when the original Fullmetal Alchemist did it. And really, with a manga that would have had like 20 chapters when the adaptation started, they did a pretty good job of making it interesting.

I'm debating watching Fate/Zero, but I never finished Fate/Stay since I never really bought into any of the characters. Would it be worth it to me to bother with Fate/Zero? I mean, its a prequel, and maybe the characters are better.

So far the only show for this season I've watched is Cube x Cursed x Curious, which wasn't bad, but the episode was pretty much setup with some pantsu. I really like the character designs, and the animation has been great in episode 1, what with the studio that does Baka Test heading it. Whether or not I keep following it will depend on it holds my attention.

Which reminds me... I need to finish Yuruyuri and get caught up on IDOLM@STER since they lost my attention last season. x.x

I want Guilty Crown to staaaaart.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Ya, that's not til next Thursday :p

also Star Driver wasn't necessarily obviously bad, it's just that it never got better than it's initial impression

I would recommend towards fate/zero. There's only one really major spoiler for fate/stay night, which is Saber's identity. I guess there's also some stuff regarding Sakura, but not even people who've watched the anime would know that (cuz the Heaven's Feel arc hasn't been done in anime yet).

On that note, the PSP game, fate/extra comes over November 1

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I guess opinions will differ but after the diverge from the manga it was bad even for generic shounen, the most recent Bleach filler was miles better in in terms of structure and pacing. As far as canon plot goes I think we could all out write Kubo, not sure about Oda though.

As for Star Driver I was found questioning myself to why I didn't hate it every episode. Rehashed plot, your average set of mostly annoying characters and of course the PreCure levels of repetition. Star Driver had a much bigger budget by the looks of things so I guess there were probably better fits there.

As far as new season shows I've only started the sequels to Ika Musume and Bakuman, both episodes were pretty much as expected, a lot of fun. I have the first ep of Shota x Shota remake ready to go and I plan to give Tamayura Hitotose and Kimi to Boku a try today and tomorrow.

Just reading few a few of my previous posts, I do actually like anime, I promise.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    As for Star Driver I was found questioning myself to why I didn't hate it every episode. Rehashed plot, your average set of mostly annoying characters and of course the PreCure levels of repetition. Star Driver had a much bigger budget by the looks of things so I guess there were probably better fits there.

It's cuz it had potential to be as good as Utena, to the point where it could have also become a modern Utena, it just never tapped it. ever. You were constantly hoping it would get better and work out all the characters and have them relatively active in the plot, but it never happened. It introduced plenty of plot points, and never touched on them after they were introduced. It had a large cast of interesting characters that all got their own depth, but were pretty much thrown away after they gained it. At the end, you probably thought that it might be able to close everything up neatly despite these flaws, but it didn't even do that. In fact, it seems they didn't even try. The big bad evil guy's final plan ended up being a plan that a subordinate tried already and failed. Yeah. Star Driver had a lot of potential, it just never tapped it at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back