• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Ah yes, Guilty Crown and that Bones mystery thing are out now, I shall give both of them a go this evening some time. Friday's a pretty damn good animu day ((in Japan)) this season, even the shows i'm not watching (Idolmaster and Boku wa Tomodachi) aren't bad.

Last edited:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Is there anyone else here who watch Mawaru Penguindrum?
    Not many anime in this season really caught my attention except P4 and Cihayafuru.
    Sorry for the sudden change in topic, but this right here is making me weep.

Not just what's in the first post, look at those comments. I can't describe how badly I'd love to punch some of those faces in there.
    That's very sad news indeed. A good series such as P4 must suffer from something that it doesn't have to do with it.
    But from all the time, why must this happen when P4 airing?!
    Noting new from the Japanese animation industry, we all know it's a low pay lots of effort job. A shame but anyone who chooses to work as an animator has to somewhat aware that this might happen.
    They linceses anime very expensive per episode and yet they give such low pay for animator? I don't really understand those studios. The animator jobs isn't simple job. Its art. And art need many effort to make it beautiful. Surely their govenrment must standardized animator payment but given their current circumstances I doubt they would.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Most of us here are watching Penguindrum I'd think, I'm really enjoying it.

Yeah animators, especially the in between animators wages are really low. It's sad as it's one of the more important jobs in the process of making a series.

Only those few? I've really liked a lot more than usual actually. The ones you mentioned, Mirai Nikki, P4, Ben-To, Chibi Devil and the Bakuman, Shana, squiddy sequels. Also have Guilty Geass and possibly that Bones series to go.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I'm so behind on Penguindrum. I've only watched... one episode. Yeah, I really need to catch up. Planning on watching Mirai Nikki, Guilty Crown (I only just found out that redjuice did the original character designs and supercell are doing some insert songs, that's enough reason for me to watch it) and maybe Persona 4 (I've had the game for two years and still not finished it).

Started reading Pandora Hearts from the beginning again because I've almost forgotten what happens in it - read four chapters so far. Xerxes Break is the best character THERE'S NO DENYING IT. And I picked up two volumes of the Kuroshitsuji manga from a bookstore.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Interesting developments on the Madoka front, courtesy of Anime News Network:
    • The series will be released via individual volumes; the first volume comes out on 14 February 2012, the second follows on 10 April, and the third ships on 12 June.
    • In addition to regular DVD and Blu-ray volumes, there will be limited edition Blu-ray/DVD combos packaged with the OST and a bunch of other goodies. MSRP for the limited edition combos is US$94.98, which is still a better deal than what the Japanese are getting in their own markets. Regular Blu-rays are US$49.98, regular DVDs are US$39.98.
    • Right Stuf starts taking preorders on 17 October. DVDs are US$29.98, Blu-rays are US$39.98, LE combos are $74.98.
    • English cast: Christine Marie Cabanos as Madoka Kaname, Cassandra Lee Morris as Kyubey, and Sarah Williams as Sayaka Miki. Who the heck are these people?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I looked them up yesterday, a couple were in the K-On! dub but that was the only real notable prior work. On the topic of licencing, I can understand why they might not dub it but someone should really pick up Bakemonogatari. Other than Zetsobou Sensei it's obviously Shinbo@Shafts best work.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Penguindrum Ep 14:
    Spoiler:

I was surprised to see yet another new ED tonight. But I liked the last one (Gray Wednesday) better.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon:
    I watched the first two eps and I still don't know what's going on... I'm so confused. I'm going to stick with it just to see what Toori does (a comment on RC said it best "I really shouldn't like Toori but his face makes everything he does feel justified.") because he's flat out loony. But I hope it gets somewhere soon (I know without the light novels it'll be hard... but still).

Guilty Crown:
    That was one heck of an opening episode. It really blew me away... and might be added to that list of "It got me hooked on the first ep". If they can keep up what was done in the first ep then I can see it being in the list (not "my" list, but the general anime list for the year) of top 5 anime this year (maybe even top 3... but taking out Penguindrum would be really hard). But it is hard to tell by the first ep, but we'll see. It also has a really nice OST, I can't wait to get my hands on that.
    Spoiler:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Not many caught my attention because I've got some past season anime to watch. Steins;Gate and Nichijou to be exact

Well I read the manga Mirai Nikki before but I drop it because......I forgot to continue it :/
    Maybe I should give a second chance to the anime.
    ahh Shaft. Can't wait for Kizumonogatari and Nisemonogatari release next year

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, I guess I have my work cut out for me with the anime I'm watching currently:

Boku wa Tomodachi
    Persona 4
    Guilty Crown
    Penguindrum
    iDol
    Shinryaku!2
    C3
    Deadman Wonderland
    Sacred Seven
    Mirai Nikki
    Kyokai Senjou
    Fate/Zero
    Usagi Drop
    Mobile Suit Gundam 00
    Kanon
    Break Blade
    Michiko e Hatchin

and that's not the complete list.....I'm in wayy over my head. fml.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Are you liking Michiko to Hatchin? Had it on my watching soon list for over a year now.

I have just marathoned Beck instead of sleeping and am now downloading the story so I can pick up where they left off. Totally worth the being tired and achy all day.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Are you liking Michiko to Hatchin? Had it on my watching soon list for over a year now.

I have just marathoned Beck instead of sleeping and am now downloading the story so I can pick up where they left off. Totally worth the being tired and achy all day.
    It's pretty good. I've only seen the first two episodes tho. I honestly started watching it since it has a Hispanic type setting and such. But it turned out to be good.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    It does look cool, some nice artwork and the fact Watanabe did the music lead me to think I'll love the show.

Also awesome news, only 11 of 34 Beck manga volumes were animated, still got plenty of Mongolian Chop Squad adventures to go. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Wow, we died:/

Anyway, I'm currently planning to watch Tamayura Hitotose and Mashiro-Iro Symphony this season, but have been busy lately. Now, knowing my taste for anime (high school romance, mahou shoujo) are there any other series this season I shoud be watching?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I honestly think the only high school romance worth watching this season is Chihayafuru. Of course Penguindrum as well but that's a lot more abstract than most romance stories.

As for Mashiro-Iro Symphony, I took a look at the art and premise of he show and made up my mind that it would probably suck.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Okay, I'll check that one out...

Mashiro-iro isn't awesome, but for my simple needs of romance and cute girls, it suffices. My standards are quite low (my average MAL rating is 8.2 lol)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I burnt myself out of those sort of shows during my first year watching anime unfortunately, you can only find a tsundere being a tsundere entertaining a certain amount of times if you know what I mean. Also since watching Clannad none of them would seem as good anyway.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    True, nothing can touch Clannad in terms of quality. But hey, I just need some eye candy to keep me occupied during the long boring stretches at home, and Mashiro does well enough for that purpose. I've seen enough series that I'm not prepared to be wowed by anything nowadays either.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I think I like the characters in Mashiroiro Symphony more than I did the bulk of Clannad's characters. Maybe it's because I haven't watched it in so long, but I'm fairly certain I only really had interest in Kotomi and Nagisa's arcs, and Tomoya was a much better character than any of the heroines.

From what I read of the Chihayafuru manga, it's not a concept I find very interesting or entertaining. That, and the eyes look lifeless in the character designs for some reason. It's eerie. >.>;

The second Macross Frontier movie comes out today. <3 Even though I know it doesn't solve the love triangle with an outcome I like, I'm still looking forward to it. It feels like so long since the last one came out, even though it was only a year ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back