• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japan unveils new Gen III merchandise

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
  • This is me hoping that this goes here, and not in Pokemon General. 8D

This thread is a few days late to the party by a few days, but I had yet to see this mentioned here, sooo I thought I'd share, because why not?

A matter of days ago, the official Pokemon website announced the release of some new products, which are based around Pokemon's third generation games - Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. This is part of the Pokemon Time line, which features Pokemon from previous generations as new games for them release. The line itself was launched in 2008 and was initially based on selling Generation I merchandise. Recent generations have yet to be shown in this line of items.

The merchandise currently features cord clips, earphones, and a mobile puch, mouse pad, mouse, travel pouch, and a 2GB flash dive. All of the items being released in the Gen III line will be released in two variations / themes, Ruby and Sapphire.

At present these items are currently only available in Pokemon Center stores in Japan, and were released in November 26th, 2011. No info has been released as to whether or not they'll make an appearance outside of Asia, but fans have now been given hope and suspicion to a an eventual remake of the original 2003 Generation III games.

[ Bulbapedia Source ]

I... I can't be the only one who flipped out over this. C'mon.
    Discussion, yes / no?

Last edited:

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Generation III is my favourite since it was the generation that had gotten me into Pokémon (Pokémon Ruby was the first Pokémon game I had), so I'd be thrilled if I could get those merchandise!

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    It seems awesome, but im wondering why torchics headphones are pink, and why they chose wailord for the other ones XD its just so random.

Im sure the internet would go insane over mudkip headphones.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I hope they come over here (by that I mean in China Town, N.Y.C since I live in N.Y.C.) and buy some headphones, they look so adorable and I need a mouse for my laptop too. I guess I could go to China Town today to see if they have any in the stores.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2012
    Definitely a good sign that they are going to remake Gen III. They are releasing merchandise to rake up some nostalgia for most of their buyers, and will most likely announce the upcoming release of the remake. Good news, good news~

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • Finally...
    I think I'm going with those Mudkip earphones and annoy the heck out of my friends, asking them, 'SO I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ?!'

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You were right the first time, hun. Merchandise threads go in Pokemon General. ;( I WILL HAVE TORCHIC HEADPHONES PLEASE THANKS.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Could this mean remakes!? I hope so. But awesome! The mudkip earphones look sweet! hope they come to the US

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Sapphire_Earphones.jpg

This is a must-have tbh. That flower and everything is just too amazing! I am kinda wondering about the quality though.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Where are the mudkip headphones? i dont see them.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • You were right the first time, hun. Merchandise threads go in Pokemon General. ;( I WILL HAVE TORCHIC HEADPHONES PLEASE THANKS.

It was actually supposed to spark some discussion about the remakes, rather than focusing on the merchandise, buuuut I guess it worked out differently. xD

As for the items, I'm not sure it's supposed to make up for lack of a remake, I figure it's hinting on the fact that they'll be remade eventually. Not sure why else they'd bother to sell Gen 3 items, when Gen 5 is what's hot right now.

& Demon, I haven't seen an image of the Mudkip headphones, either. I only saw Torchic and Wailord. Haven't quite bothered bringing up the Japanese site to view all the merchandise. Mostly because I want to buy them all, I know me. :/

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Meh, can't say I'm too interested in these... I'm holding out for when they make products featuring the trainers instead of simply the Pokemon. As for any hint of a 3rd gen remake, I have no idea and such a game wouldn't interest me anyway.

So yeah, I think I'll pass on this merchandise.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    For those who don't feel like looking it up themselves, here are some images of the rest of the available merchandise.

Two computer mice, one with the starters and one with Wailord
    Spoiler:

Two different Gen III mousepads (one featuring Lotad, Swablu, Mawile, Skitty, Gulpin, Absol, Wailord, and Milotic...the other featuring Torchic, Mudkip, and Treecko)
    Spoiler:

Torchic and Wailord earbud headphones
    Spoiler:

Swablu and Milotic cellphone charms
    Spoiler:

Hoenn starters purse and cellphone bag
    Spoiler:

TamerKoh

World of Chaos Super Deluxe...
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Those are some interesting trinkets there. However, I'm really thinking more about whether or not this is another hint that the 3rd generation games will finally be receiving a makeover. If you consider the basis of things now (The newer DS models dropping the GBA slot, and game stores like GameStop dropping the GBA games), Hoenn is basically inaccessible (unless you use an emulator and a rom of sorts).

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Or it could just be a line of merchandise that started three years ago with Gen I products, started selling Gen II products later, and has now produced a line based around Generation III.

Perhaps not everything is part of an over-arching conspiracy theory involving Nintendo and several companies not directly involved in the video game market.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • OMG SO CUTE SO CUTE SO CUTE

*Fangirls over INCREDIBLY cute merchandise*

*Has heart attack*

*Plots to smuggle these from Japan to US (or if I were to get them THIS year, to Chile)*

*Fails, tries to get an airplane ticket to go to Japan*

*Doesn't have enough cash, so just prints out images and pretends to have them*

Right now, I'm more worried about obtaining these products (despite that fact I would look very girly with them, who cares) than the possible remakes, but I'm also hoping for remakes of some of my favorite games.

Back